FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
AC link:
UPDATED HERE January 2, 2022

Boarding Process

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...g-by-zone.html

Pre-boarding: Customers who have requested wheelchair assistance
Zone 1: J and SE customers
Zone 2: 75K, 50K, 35K, 25K, Star Alliance Gold, Premium Economy, Latitude and Primary or Secondary Cardholder on Aeroplan black credit cards
Zone 2.5:
- Passengers travelling with children under the age of 6 or who require additional time to board the aircraft
- Passengers travelling with a musical instrument as part of their carry-on baggage
Zone 3: Comfort fares, passengers who purchased preferred seats in advance
Zones 3, 4 and 5: General boarding (back to front). AC Express flights will not have Zone 5.
Zone 6: Economy Basic

Companions travelling on the same PNR as an Aeroplan Elite/*Gold member will receive the same priority boarding zone.

Original thread covering 2014-2019 can be found here
Print Wikipost

Zoned Boarding (2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2023, 1:40 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
LOL oh, Ya I forgot that. The miracle of flight. When waiting for DXB, HKG, LHR there are about 50 wheelchairs, and upon arrival 3 wheelchairs
Lesson learned: flights can heal disability…
Old Apr 8, 2023, 2:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
AC 121 YYZ-YVR departing D39.

I arrived around the time they were calling zone 4, and I went to the dedicated zone 1 line, which pointed basically at the podium.

The podium where there was a family with a stroller doing something, blocking any real access I had.

At some point, an agent went around from the podium and started policing the 3-6 line, only letting zone 4 through.

Meanwhile I'm still standing there in the zone 1 line, unable to move.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 3:20 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by canadiancow

I arrived around the time they were calling zone 4, and I went to the dedicated zone 1 line, which pointed basically at the podium.

The podium where there was a family with a stroller doing something, blocking any real access I had.

At some point, an agent went around from the podium and started policing the 3-6 line, only letting zone 4 through.

Did you blend in as part of the family
Old Apr 8, 2023, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow

That's so frustrating!
Old May 1, 2023, 2:09 pm

Programs: aeroplan
Question Boarding Zone Question

Hello All,
1st time poster!

My family is flying to Paris in August...YOW-YYZ-CDG.
My wife and I are in J and 2 adult kids in Y.
My question is...Can we all board in Zone 1 together even though they are travelling in Y and on different ticket?

Thanks in Advance!

Pete
Old May 1, 2023, 2:12 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime 50K MM / DL Lifetime Silver MM / Marriott Lifetime PE / IHG Lifetime Gold / SQ / CX
I'm pretty sure there shouldn't be any issues. I've done that many times before when travelling with a colleague w/o status. As a courtesy, you may want to go to the podium and ask if they can board with you, but it shouldn't be a problem,
PetePetrs likes this.
Old May 1, 2023, 2:50 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by PetePetrs
Hello All,
1st time poster!

My question is...Can we all board in Zone 1 together even though they are travelling in Y and on different ticket?

Thanks in Advance!

Pete
I wouldn’t even ask, just have all of you show up together at the podium to scan boarding passes and if the agent says something, tell them you’re traveling together.
FrequentlyTired likes this.
Old May 1, 2023, 3:01 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by songsc
Lesson learned: flights can heal disability…
Commonly known as the Jetway Jesus miracle among us FFs.

Originally Posted by PetePetrs
Hello All,
1st time poster!

Thanks in Advance!

Pete
Yes.
And welcome to FT with your first post.
YULRvR and SPG_Fan like this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; May 14, 2023 at 9:52 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old May 14, 2023, 7:02 am

Programs: AC: E75K, Marriott :Titanium, National: EXEC ELITE
YYJ this morning, Q flight to YVR, they boarded breeders and mobility issues prior to zone 2. I hope this is just the usual YYJ nonsense, as opposed to a policy change.

This airport is the worst. Everyone acts like they’ve never flown before, which makes no sense, as 1/2 the population probably saw the Wright brothers first flight.

Another one of the “island tax” penalties for living here I guess…still worth it.
Old May 14, 2023, 7:10 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
SFO on Thurs night. Asking for volunteers for gate checking carry on's (which makes sense as it was a A220) with a bribe - priority boarding.
Old May 14, 2023, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by VoodooYYC
YYJ this morning, Q flight to YVR, they boarded breeders and mobility issues prior to zone 2. I hope this is just the usual YYJ nonsense, as opposed to a policy change.

This airport is the worst. Everyone acts like they’ve never flown before, which makes no sense, as 1/2 the population probably saw the Wright brothers first flight.

Another one of the “island tax” penalties for living here I guess…still worth it.
The only thing worse than flying from Vancouver Island is... all the other options for leaving the island. Same goes for the Sunshine Coast, where I live now.
Old May 15, 2023, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by vernonc
SFO on Thurs night. Asking for volunteers for gate checking carry on's (which makes sense as it was a A220) with a bribe - priority boarding.
Such a weird bribe. Offer me free booze instead and maybe I'd jump. Though likely not. Get on plane early, without a bag needing overhead space, nope. Were there any takers?
Old May 15, 2023, 9:00 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bogwoppit
Such a weird bribe. Offer me free booze instead and maybe I'd jump. Though likely not. Get on plane early, without a bag needing overhead space, nope. Were there any takers?
It seems to be policy now, I've heard the same thing being offered at numerous locations.
Stranger likes this.
Old May 15, 2023, 10:08 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
There is always a rush when they make that announcement.
Bogwoppit likes this.
Old May 15, 2023, 10:29 am

Agreed. Once I'm not worried about space, there is absolutely no rush for me to board! When I travelled when I was young and always checked a bag, I used to try to be last on the plane - not first. No need to spend extra time in those (larger at the time) seats than needed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.