Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2022, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Access

Please see this thread for questions on access to the MLLs and where they're located. Moderator note: questions about access posted in this thread will be deleted.

Directory of Lounge Threads

AC has three types of lounges. Each has its own thread. This thread is for MLLs. If you have questions about another type of lounge, please visit the relevant thread.
  • Maple Leaf Lounges (“MLLs”): essentially, regular lounges
  • Café: café-style lounge with limited access and grab-and-go food
  • Signature Suites: essentially, only for long-haul international business class passengers

Showers

YYZ
  • Dom - open
  • Intl - open
  • TB - open

YVR
  • Dom - closed, pending renovation (inquired on April 20, 2023) (Inquired 22Jun2023, and again on 27-March-2024, "No idea when they will reopen".)
  • Intl - open
  • TB - open

YUL
  • Intl - open
Print Wikipost

MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2023, 9:23 am

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Yvr this am 0730 no line but pretty full. Not a lot of seats. Cleared a bit now.
Quiche, turkey sausages, hash for food.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 9:48 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
YVR TB at 08:15.

More chill than the security line ups chock full o'families and FOTSGs would have fortold.

Usual selection of pastries and fruit.

Think I'm sitting next to the guy who was #2 on the upgrade list with J booked 15/16. He was loudly expressing his bummedness to his spouse on the phone.

Didn't have the heart to tell him that someone more deserving cleared instead.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 3:49 pm

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Currently at YYZ INT MLL. Showers being "renovated." Agent smiled/laughed and said he had no idea when reopening but maybe 2 weeks.
Mini burger slides are cold. very empty right now.
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 5:29 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by canadianhockey91
Currently at YYZ INT MLL. Showers being "renovated." Agent smiled/laughed and said he had no idea when reopening but maybe 2 weeks.
Mini burger slides are cold. very empty right now.
Much busier in YYZ INTL right now, but still plenty of seats to be found. How people prefer the gong show at YUL INTL to this is beyond me.

I also asked about the showers as I would have had one but got the “still closed” response, they didn’t say anything about renovations.

They’ve got the fried rice and spicy chicken out, which probably beats the meal in J if my upgrade clears, so dinner here it is.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 7:47 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
0640am YVR Domestic
no line outside, about 75% filled
Old Feb 15, 2023, 11:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I was in YVR domestic yesterday around 0700, and there was no line. But it was reasonably full. I chugged a glass of sparkling water and then left.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
The YEG MLL has hot breakfast wraps last time I was there so there is that. The wine at the MLL needs to be improved to match YYZ and YVR domestic….the current offer sucks. The bar however (and the wine) is FAR FAR superior to the Plaza lounge that serves only the cheapest booze for free….all the nice bottles are pay for! I’d say the food at plaza is better all day. Coffee is better at MLL. Since I have access to both I eat at Plaza and drink at MLL 😀
Old Feb 15, 2023, 1:49 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I was in YVR domestic yesterday around 0700, and there was no line. But it was reasonably full. I chugged a glass of sparkling water and then left.
I'm annoyed they don't have plain water bottles available first thing...I had a quick espresso, grabbed a muffin, and left.

I'm back now - no line-up, 90% full?
Lunch is the same tomato pasta + poached salmon
Old Feb 15, 2023, 2:04 pm

Programs: hahaha
Have you checked the fridge for the water bottles? Maybe I'm thinking of another lounge

I, too, have been complacent with the water bottles being there for breakfast service because when they had web-app food ordering, they filled the space normally reserved for the buffet pans with the water bottles lol
Old Feb 15, 2023, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by asovse1
Have you checked the fridge for the water bottles? Maybe I'm thinking of another lounge

I, too, have been complacent with the water bottles being there for breakfast service because when they had web-app food ordering, they filled the space normally reserved for the buffet pans with the water bottles lol
Yes - no water...juices and pop first thing.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 2:41 pm

Programs: TK *G
I think bottled water has disappeared from MLL (except Cafe) before Covid, it briefly reappeared during Covid but disappeared again after things have more or less been back to normal. Some PP lounges don’t even have bottled juice or pops.

My understanding is it’s a way to discourage guests from bringing drinks outside of the lounge. I often grab a bottle of water or two when I leave the lounge, especially when I am not in J, and I have seen some people filled up their bags with pops.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by songsc
I think bottled water has disappeared from MLL (except Cafe) before Covid, it briefly reappeared during Covid but disappeared again after things have more or less been back to normal. Some PP lounges don’t even have bottled juice or pops. My understanding is it’s a way to discourage guests from bringing drinks outside of the lounge. I often grab a bottle of water or two when I leave the lounge, especially when I am not in J, and I have seen some people filled up their bags with pops.
definitely had it in December at yvr and yyz. I can't remember 2 weeks ago last time I was in...I may or may not have had 3 coke zeros this afternoon. The fridge didn't have water and I never looked on the counter by the bar
Old Feb 15, 2023, 5:08 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by theranj
definitely had it in December at yvr and yyz. I can't remember 2 weeks ago last time I was in...I may or may not have had 3 coke zeros this afternoon. The fridge didn't have water and I never looked on the counter by the bar
Hmm, I do recall seeing a tray of bottle water in YYZ DOM in 2021. In 2022 I sometime saw the tray, sometime saw them in the fridge, and sometime I didn’t see them at all. For a few times I tried to bring a bottle of water onboard but couldn’t find any in the lounge.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 5:09 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I found no bottled water in any MLLs last week (YYZ Dom Wednesday and Sunday, YYZ Intl Thursday, YYC Sunday).
Old Feb 15, 2023, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by songsc
I think bottled water has disappeared from MLL (except Cafe) before Covid, it briefly reappeared during Covid but disappeared again after things have more or less been back to normal. Some PP lounges don’t even have bottled juice or pops.

My understanding is it’s a way to discourage guests from bringing drinks outside of the lounge. I often grab a bottle of water or two when I leave the lounge, especially when I am not in J, and I have seen some people filled up their bags with pops.
I was through the YYZ INT MLL the end of January and there was bottled water.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.