Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2022, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Access

Please see this thread for questions on access to the MLLs and where they're located. Moderator note: questions about access posted in this thread will be deleted.

Directory of Lounge Threads

AC has three types of lounges. Each has its own thread. This thread is for MLLs. If you have questions about another type of lounge, please visit the relevant thread.
  • Maple Leaf Lounges (“MLLs”): essentially, regular lounges
  • Café: café-style lounge with limited access and grab-and-go food
  • Signature Suites: essentially, only for long-haul international business class passengers

Showers

YYZ
  • Dom - open
  • Intl - open
  • TB - open

YVR
  • Dom - closed, pending renovation (inquired on April 20, 2023) (Inquired 22Jun2023, and again on 27-March-2024, "No idea when they will reopen".)
  • Intl - open
  • TB - open

YUL
  • Intl - open
Print Wikipost

MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2023, 2:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
MLLs in NA do not serve alcohol until 1100. YHZ, at one point, had an exception on Sundays. It was 1200.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 3:44 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Is this a AC/MLL thing or a Canadian lounge thing? I feel like last few times I went to Plaza Premium early in the morning they had no alcohol either (I was in YVR Int'l PP in November at 730am).

For comparison - last time I was in a Delta Sky Club early I was able to get a beer, and I feel like last time I was early at a Centurion Lounge they had a limited selection (e.g. - Mimosa). Last time I was at an Admirals Club early was in Dallas Dec 2021 and they had a bartender but I was with my kids so didn't go.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 7:26 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by theranj
Is this a AC/MLL thing or a Canadian lounge thing?.
Each province has different rules on alcohol service and AC decided to keep service times the same for consistency. That being said, alcohol service times in Canada have liberalised in the last few years but AC has not amended their policy. This is on the ground only. Shouldn’t be an issue getting a drink on your 6am domestic flight).
Old Jan 31, 2023, 7:32 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Ontario has lifted restrictions on serving alcohol airside but somehow the MLL did not follow suit. At YYZ, the plaza premium (upon request) and various restaurants are more than willing to serve you something. If enough people write in, AC might consider changing it. Only good thing about being based in YYZ these days.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 7:42 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
Ontario has lifted restrictions on serving alcohol airside but somehow the MLL did not follow suit. At YYZ, the plaza premium (upon request) and various restaurants are more than willing to serve you something. If enough people write in, AC might consider changing it. Only good thing about being based in YYZ these days.
Do you what conditions AC may have on their license?
Old Jan 31, 2023, 9:58 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Do you what conditions AC may have on their license?
No clue but its issued by Ontario not the Feds. Next time I'm in the YYZ I'll take a look.

Originally Posted by pmblinn
A lot to unpack there, but my quick takeaway is: Get the man a drink!!!
Captain Morgan Rum and Coke Zero to boot!

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jan 31, 2023 at 11:52 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Feb 2, 2023, 7:50 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Stopped in at YVR Domestic after I landed for a coffee and muffin... Successful for the muffin.But there was no paper/ to go cups. Also a massive line up so decided to skip the caffeine
Old Feb 2, 2023, 8:34 am

Is the YYZ transborder MLL the best lounge option when heading to the US? Would it be very busy on a Saturday afternoon?

And there's no way I could access the Cafe when flying transborder right?
Old Feb 2, 2023, 3:48 pm

YVR Domestic- no line at 130pm, maybe 50% full. regular tomato pasta and salmon for hot entrees
kalderlake likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 7:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50k, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by greg898
Is the YYZ transborder MLL the best lounge option when heading to the US? Would it be very busy on a Saturday afternoon?

And there's no way I could access the Cafe when flying transborder right?
TB is the only place you can access when heading to the US, although you have two options, the main lounge (upstairs just after security) or the express lounge by the F90 gates, really depends where you're departing from. I've never seen the express lounge get too busy, but they don't have full food options.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 7:35 am

Programs: QF, CoUniHound Refugee
Originally Posted by CA_Traffic
TB is the only place you can access when heading to the US, although you have two options, the main lounge (upstairs just after security) or the express lounge by the F90 gates, really depends where you're departing from. I've never seen the express lounge get too busy, but they don't have full food options.
Isn't there a Plaza Premium lounge at T1 USA terminal?
Old Feb 3, 2023, 12:42 pm

Anyone have an update on YYZ int showers? Does SS have showers?
Old Feb 3, 2023, 1:00 pm

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Originally Posted by vancouver25k
No showers in SS yyz. I thought showers open at INT regular MLL but not sure about that one.

edit: I can let you know tomorrow lol
vancouver25k likes this.

Last edited by canadianhockey91; Feb 3, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Old Feb 3, 2023, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by vancouver25k
Was through the YYZ INT MLL on 30th of January. I asked the Desk agent and he said that he was hearing opening sometime in February.
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by kangarooflyer88
Isn't there a Plaza Premium lounge at T1 USA terminal?
yeah there a plaza premium lounge
imo it’s terrible compared to mll trans border though, smaller, busier (although mll is also very busy) with worse food options

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.