Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2022, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Access

Please see this thread for questions on access to the MLLs and where they're located. Moderator note: questions about access posted in this thread will be deleted.

Directory of Lounge Threads

AC has three types of lounges. Each has its own thread. This thread is for MLLs. If you have questions about another type of lounge, please visit the relevant thread.
  • Maple Leaf Lounges (“MLLs”): essentially, regular lounges
  • Café: café-style lounge with limited access and grab-and-go food
  • Signature Suites: essentially, only for long-haul international business class passengers

Showers

YYZ
  • Dom - open
  • Intl - open
  • TB - open

YVR
  • Dom - closed, pending renovation (inquired on April 20, 2023) (Inquired 22Jun2023, and again on 27-March-2024, "No idea when they will reopen".)
  • Intl - open
  • TB - open

YUL
  • Intl - open
Print Wikipost

MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2023, 1:28 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by FlY2XS
Are the podiums electronic too? Any humans to assist/override?
No agent support anywhere else if needed?
There's a desk off to the left, just out of the photos, with space for two people. I think there was only one when I got there. When I left, there was one behind the desk and another roaming the area between the elevators and the gates. When a large group got off the elevator who all needed some kind of assistance, he went back behind the desk to help process them.
FlY2XS likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 1:36 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Hopefully not too long to program full functionality (ie. guesting, arrival access) as you mentioned.
Especially considering many lounges in Europe (SAS come to mind right away), have had those functions for years.

My cynical side would be concerned about neanderthal-esque behaviour when lounge is at capacity and people inevitability try to force their way through or around the gates...
Old Feb 25, 2023, 10:30 pm

Flying from LGA earlier today and something seemed up with their system. I’m one of those reserve cardholders 🥲 and their system showed no guest access even though I’ve never had an issue in Canadian MLLs.

Had to show them the terms of the card and they spent 15 mins looking it up before letting me in. Pretty quiet and clean though.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 10:43 am

Stopped in at YYZ DOM today @ 12:00 Did a lap and hardly a place to sit, so headed to the cafe.

On my way out I asked at the podium by the door when they thought the showers would be open. I was told “Should be next week, INT should be open, then next they’re opening TB then DOM”

Not sure if INT are open as it’s been a month since I was through there.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 12:55 pm

Programs: AC SE, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Man this place is overcrowded in the morning. Nowhere to sit, kids running wild.

Left for the peace and quiet of the Senator lounge across the hall.

Never again FRA MLL
Originally Posted by YEGDad
I find it’s like that most days. I usually only pop in there if I need some AC assistance. Senator is always much quieter I have found. Or less hectic anyways!
Interesting. I was there for the first time on Tuesday morning and it was spectacularly quiet, at most 10% of seats were occupied. Great showers in that MLL.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 5:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YEGDad
Stopped in at YYZ DOM today @ 12:00 Did a lap and hardly a place to sit, so headed to the cafe.

On my way out I asked at the podium by the door when they thought the showers would be open. I was told “Should be next week, INT should be open, then next they’re opening TB then DOM”

Not sure if INT are open as it’s been a month since I was through there.
"Another week or two" for YYZ int showers. They're definitely not open yet.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 11:27 pm

Programs: hahaha
Anyone know if the showers are open right when the YVR INT MLL opens at 7:30 AM?

The last time I was in there, the showers "closed" promptly at 11PM, but that was probably because the flight was delayed 'til 2:45 AM and they sent the shower attendant home but kept the lounge open
Old Mar 13, 2023, 1:22 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
The Pizza Eggroll things are actually quite nice at YWG today.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 1:32 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
The Pizza Eggroll things are actually quite nice at YWG today.
I haven't seen those. They sound both strange and interesting at the same time.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 1:39 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I haven't seen those. They sound both strange and interesting at the same time.
Just for you my friend.

Old Mar 17, 2023, 8:17 am

YVR Dom @07:15 - first in the SE queue (behind some confused FOTSGs in the wrong line), other line was about 15 pax deep.

The lounge itself was not super packed. Lots of small children running around but surprisingly well behaved.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 8:58 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
This morning connecting thru YVR around 720am:- Domestic had 15 people in line, none in SE line​​​​​​​- No line as we waked by Intl​​​​​​​-10 people in line in Transborder, and what is worth 3 people in line at Plaza. ​​​​​​​as our connecting flight was 40min late we didn't wait in line. ​​​​​​​unfortunately both Tim lines in Transborder were a million deep
Old Mar 19, 2023, 12:21 am

Programs: Accor, Hilton, Marriott, Radisson Gold; Aeroplan 35K
Any update on the YYZ INTL MLL shower? Not the end of the world even though it's still closed – if that's the case, I can still use the arrivals lounge in LHR T2. But in case I want to shower earlier in YYZ...
Old Mar 19, 2023, 1:29 pm

YYZ Dom MLL pretty chill at 15:15 today.

Chill in terms of packedness, not chill in terms of temperature. Very warm and stuffy here.

Sliders, salad, Korean BBQ chicken, fried rice and pesto cream pasta on offer. The sliders in YYC are way better.

Last edited by Bohemian1; Mar 19, 2023 at 1:39 pm
Old Mar 19, 2023, 5:13 pm

Programs: AC 75k
YYZ dom was 20% full last night around 2100. Korean chicken and chicken fried rice was edible and tasty but clearly had spent too much time under the heat lamp, and I expect it was better earlier. Think arriving late for the catered lunch at work. Still, better than any hot buffet item YVR has had for 4 years, and can be forgiven when it is late.
Couldn't bring myself to take the sliders which were probably fine an hour or 2 earlier but looked like an old man left in the Arizona sun. I was tempted to try for experimental purposes, but it had been a long day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.