Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
YYZ-VIE in December got swapped from 789 to 788; I was alerted by AC because my previously assigned seat on the 789 doesn't exist on the 788. Looking more closely, it appears that some dates got switched to 788 while others stayed as 789.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 5:25 pm

If two flights ( 2 different days) combined into one flight, who would keep the original seat?
For example, if Air Canada cancelled all Wednesday flights (reduce daily flight for few months) and combined with Tuesday flights, would travelers on original Tuesday flights keep their original seats (doesn't matter cash ticket, redemption tickets and upgrades)? Original Wednesday travelers would take the remaining seats on Tuesday flights?
Thanks!
Old Sep 16, 2022, 5:38 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by HSBC
If two flights ( 2 different days) combined into one flight, who would keep the original seat?
For example, if Air Canada cancelled all Wednesday flights (reduce daily flight for few months) and combined with Tuesday flights, would travelers on original Tuesday flights keep their original seats (doesn't matter cash ticket, redemption tickets and upgrades)? Original Wednesday travelers would take the remaining seats on Tuesday flights?
Thanks!
Flights don't get "combined" in that sense. If Wednesday's flight gets cancelled, then those passengers get rebooked onto another flight/routing. That may not necessarily be Tuesday's flight. They then get assigned (or choose from) whatever seats are left on the new flight. Existing passengers don't get booted out.
canadiancow, Adam Smith and HSBC like this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, AA Nobody, Marriott Ambassador Elite
YUL to CAI route not flying rest of year?

Am trying to book this for an upcoming trip and it seems to have vanished from the reservation systems.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum Elite
I have a few YXU-YYZ/YYZ-YXU flights booked in October, and for the first time ever I'm seeing a J cabin as they've started using CRJ900s (as opposed to Dash 8-400s, which are all I've ever encountered since they got rid of the smaller Dash 8s earlier this year).

At 22 minutes, I wonder if this is the shortest business class flight one can take in the network now.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by talkeryxu
At 22 minutes, I wonder if this is the shortest business class flight one can take in the network now.
Just don't go bragging about it, lest we start seeing articles like this about you!
talkeryxu likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by Rundosrun
Looks like a bunch of changes for NRT and HND to YYZ for November as the system is going nuts cancelling flights for me without rebooking - concierge saying there are changes loading right now for new schedule.
Did you get notification of the cancelation? I did not, just happened to be checking up on another AC flight and wondered where my November flight to HND had gone. Poked around a bit and finally found it was canceled - nothing at all in my email. No auto-rebooking. This was not an Aeroplan booking so I spent nearly 4 hours on the phone waiting to get it rebooked. I'm now on a slightly more annoying itinerary to Narita, but I'm pretty annoyed there was zero notification.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 6:18 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Etoile
Did you get notification of the cancelation? I did not, just happened to be checking up on another AC flight and wondered where my November flight to HND had gone. Poked around a bit and finally found it was canceled - nothing at all in my email. No auto-rebooking. This was not an Aeroplan booking so I spent nearly 4 hours on the phone waiting to get it rebooked. I'm now on a slightly more annoying itinerary to Narita, but I'm pretty annoyed there was zero notification.
No notification - I found out by accident while flipping through the booked flights in my app. All flights had been cancelled, no alternative. The concierge originally offered me a flight through LHR or FRA which I declined given the much longer distance - I had to piece together a flight to NRT instead of HND and then to YVR to get to YYZ
Old Sep 17, 2022, 6:45 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by AsiaTravel2019
Am trying to book this for an upcoming trip and it seems to have vanished from the reservation systems.
To date, Cairo has only been a seasonal destination.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: A3*G
YUL - TLV is cancelled for the winter season (it was extended for the winter, about 2 months ago)
unclepants likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 4:04 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Just got a seat change notification and knew exactly what it meant

January flight on AC 740 SFO>YYZ is now departing ~20mins earlier at 11:50 and switched from a 789 to a 7M8.

Kinda bummed to be missing the pod for the way back, but I think we can survive on a flight that's < 5hrs!

(actually flying out of SBA and debated briefly to drive down to LAX instead for AC 788 but don't think it's worth it)
Old Sep 21, 2022, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by Skipfairweather

January flight on AC 740 SFO>YYZ is now departing ~20mins earlier at 11:50 and switched from a 789 to a 7M8.

Kinda bummed to be missing the pod for the way back, but I think we can survive on a flight that's < 5hrs!

(actually flying out of SBA and debated briefly to drive down to LAX instead for AC 788 but don't think it's worth it)
Got the same to/from SFO in November. Looks like they’ve switched to all 7M8s LH that route for now.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by talkeryxu
I have a few YXU-YYZ/YYZ-YXU flights booked in October, and for the first time ever I'm seeing a J cabin as they've started using CRJ900s (as opposed to Dash 8-400s, which are all I've ever encountered since they got rid of the smaller Dash 8s earlier this year).

Just gonna mention again I flew YXU-YYZ in December 2001 to get the 100 or so miles I needed to qualify for SE for 2002. My wife drove me down from Mississauga. Fun times. Would have been nicer in J!

(As an aside, I'm now near ROKTU air beacon by Guelph and so all the inbounds go over my house ... Flightradar is always open. I've noticed the 90's on the route)
talkeryxu likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Skipfairweather

Got the same to/from SFO in November. Looks like they’ve switched to all 7M8s on that route for now.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 5:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Got the same to/from SFO in November. Looks like they’ve switched to all 7M8s on that route for now.
Ugh I got one email today, but it was about a flight I know I'm going to change, on YVR-SFO.

I did not get an email about this:

And of course the website says "From Toronto to San francisco, you will be seated in Premium Economy cabin instead of Business class" ... which is wrong on so many levels.

Decisions decisions... though I'm curious if I'll be entitled to any kind of refund.

Edit: The morning YYZ-SFO still looks like a wide-body.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.