Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2023, 2:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
No, this is entirely full J.

Check-in agent at YYZ said she couldn't do it either. She said I could go to the concierge to try, but I figure since I'll have to re-check my bag in the morning, it's not worth wasting any time on now.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 3:39 pm

AC website's search function is currently down. Tried multiple different browsers and mobile, but unable to get past the loading screen.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 11:15 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum

Can't check in for tomorrow's flight in the app or online.

Asked the concierge what's up, she tells me it's not possible to check in while waitlisted for an eUpgrade. I was about to point out that I've done that with no problem several times in the last few months, but when she told me she'd checked me in anyway, I wasn't about to dig into the specifics of why it's possible but not possible...

I swear there used to be whole flights where AC's computer systems would just... work.
jerry305 and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 11:31 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Originally Posted by YOWgary

Can't check in for tomorrow's flight in the app or online.

Asked the concierge what's up, she tells me it's not possible to check in while waitlisted for an eUpgrade. I was about to point out that I've done that with no problem several times in the last few months, but when she told me she'd checked me in anyway, I wasn't about to dig into the specifics of why it's possible but not possible...

I swear there used to be whole flights where AC's computer systems would just... work.
That's exactly what happened to us on Wednesday, and good luck finding an agent to help when the kiosks don't work either. There were people at bag drop and the elite desk - neither of which could help. We wound up checking in at Domestic Business for a European flight.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 4:23 am

Programs: AC E75K
Has anyone encountered this when booking with AP points?

While on the flight selection page, I see options available for (16,900 + 12,300 =) 29,200 AP points round trip after applying a Priority Reward (or 58,400 AP points without a PR):

Yet somehow, after I select these flights in Business Lowest, the confirmation page displays a cost of 49,500 AP points with PR or 99,000 AP points without:

Very annoying.

Update: I ended up calling the AP call centre and spent 45+ minutes holding on the line as the agent had to go convene with his ticketing department to "sort something out". Thankfully, he was able to ticket the flight for me at the 29,200 + $92 rate, but definitely not a smooth experience.

Last edited by capedreamer; Apr 22, 2023 at 3:47 am Reason: Better image resizing. Situation update.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 10:10 am

Someone had noted that the app and website sometimes give different results. I ran into the same website math issue this week, and was able to book via the app for the correct total.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 10:55 am

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Has anyone encountered this when booking with AP points?

While on the flight selection page, I see options available for (16,900 + 12,300 =) 29,200 AP points round trip after applying a Priority Reward (or 58,300 AP points without a PR):

Yet somehow, after I select these flights in Business Lowest, the confirmation page displays a cost of 49,500 AP points with PR or 99,000 AP points without:

Very annoying.

Update: I ended up calling the AP call centre and spent 45+ minutes holding on the line as the agent had to go convene with his ticketing department to "sort something out". Thankfully, he was able to ticket the flight for me at the 29,200 + $92 rate, but definitely not a smooth experience.
Yes, I encountered the same problem 2 weeks ago when I was checking out some YXU-YYZ-CUN tickets for our fall vacation. The required amount of points jumped massively in the confirmation page. It is indeed very annoying.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 8:04 pm

Itinerary shows mixed cabin, when its not.

Might be a dumb / paranoid question, but Ive never booked through Air Canada before.

I used miles to book SFO-SIN non-stop on Singapore, through Aeroplan, in J. Looking at my confirmation, it says Mixed Cabin - You will be seated in business class. My receipt shows Business class - lowest reward - I class. This is a single leg flight, so theres no other part of the itinerary.

Is this just a weird quirk? I was able to pull up the reservation on Singapores website and all looked good.

I did try to call in for peace of mind, but couldnt get through to anyone.

Last edited by PoorSailorsAirline; Apr 21, 2023 at 8:20 pm
Old Apr 22, 2023, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PoorSailorsAirline
Might be a dumb / paranoid question, but Ive never booked through Air Canada before.

I used miles to book SFO-SIN non-stop on Singapore, through Aeroplan, in J. Looking at my confirmation, it says Mixed Cabin - You will be seated in business class. My receipt shows Business class - lowest reward - I class. This is a single leg flight, so theres no other part of the itinerary.

Is this just a weird quirk? I was able to pull up the reservation on Singapores website and all looked good.

I did try to call in for peace of mind, but couldnt get through to anyone.

This has been discussed above in this thread, if you would have bothered to look.

Indeed this is the case for all "Business lowest" tickets, whether rewards or bought. Or upgrades.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 12:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Stranger
Indeed this is the case for all "Business lowest" tickets, whether rewards or bought. Or upgrades.
Huh. I didn't fully believe that, but sure enough...

Last edited by canadiancow; Apr 22, 2023 at 12:31 pm
Old Apr 22, 2023, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Huh. I'm didn't fully believe that, but sure enough...
All my P fare tickets are like that. Another twist: they also say that I used a priority reward. For paid tickets.

One of them also claims I used a 15% discount code, even shows the code. Which I dont' remember anything of, although the fare was surprisingly good. But who knows, maybe it was automatic?
Old Apr 22, 2023, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger
One of them also claims I used a 15% discount code, even shows the code. Which I dont' remember anything of, although the fare was surprisingly good. But who knows, maybe it was automatic?
I've had bookings booked through google flights show discount codes after the fact.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by FlySkyHigh
Any clue what this error message is referring to?

Get it when booking an award fare at the point where you enter passenger information.
Did you ever sort out the cause, and solution for this error?
Old Apr 23, 2023, 5:29 am

Programs: AC E75K
For some of my bookings, at some point after the original booking was made, AC decided that the return journeys are actually individual flights. The first trip was booked in Business Lowest and the second was booked in Latitude and upgraded to Business. Both were cash paid bookings.

This makes it impossible to change the return journey online.

Also, as this was discussed upthread, here is another example of a booking made in Business Lowest showing up as 'Mixed Cabin':

Old Apr 26, 2023, 1:22 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Air Canada is not letting me put in another Travel Partner No.

I am sorry to barge in with a question but I am intrigued. I have been trying (and trying and trying) to book a simple one way flight from YEG to VYR in J. Five times it got as far as loading the seat plan and said there was an error. So I tried another bowser (Chrome) - ditto. I then took my pad and tried again - same again. Exasperated since the fare had gone up on the flight that I wanted, I mean big time - 186 to 432! I tried this time on the Ipad and did not put in our Miles&Smiles numbers. Through it went.

I was on the UK site as they let you pay in and I can avoid exchange rates and charges and using a VPN as I am actually in Spain. The reason was given as Err 7 - but I went to manage the booking and whilst it insists that I be part of Aeroplan - it give me the option to change my husband's number - (I nearly said "husband" and realised that this was Air Canada and had to mind my Ps and Qs ). Anyhow back that came with the same Error so I have concluded that this was the problem all along

My question is - do any of you know better? Have you heard of this happening before? Is AC's IT as capricious and infuriating as that of BA? Mods: if this is too trite or trivial please dispatch into the cyber pit of closed threads with my apologies.
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.