Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2023, 3:57 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by arf04
You might have luck in using ITA Matrix with ITA Matrix Powertools. This is not the forum to have a discussion about how all that works, so if you unfamiliar a quick Google search should set you in the right direction. ITA Powertools can sometimes work well to book things via AC.com that are otherwise hard to make work.
Is there a way to specify fare brand using Ita Matrix? I tried to force it by specifying booking class M, and it booked me into a dreadful standard M
arf04 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 10:16 am

Programs: no status
Originally Posted by arf04
I see I didn't quote the poster I was replying to--didn't even see your post until just now (I don't think there is anything you could learn from me about how to book stuff...). It was Merlin that I was replying to. My experience with Powertools is similar to yours in that it is quite twitchy, but I wondered if it might resolve the issue they were having.
Thanks I will give it a try though the browser extensions at my computer are blocked. In the meantime one of the fares is gone and with the next alternative routing I still get same error.
arf04 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 10:21 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by Changeup2000
Is there a way to specify fare brand using Ita Matrix? I tried to force it by specifying booking class M, and it booked me into a dreadful standard M …
This is really kinda OT, and it's been a while for me, but the basic process was outlined somewhere by somebody and search didn't pop up the post for me.

The trick is to select "Show Advanced Controls". And then use the following two options:
  • Routing Code: O:AC (to force Air Canada)
  • Extension Code: F ..m-fl
The extension code is where the magic happens. "F .." is to search a fare basis. The Air Canada fare basis rules will start with the fare code and end with the branded fare. The "-" is a wildcard so "F ..m-fl" is to search a FLEX fare in M class.

The other possible brand codes are the following:
  • Economy basic: lgt
  • Standard: tg
  • Flex: fl
  • Comfort: co
  • Latitude: lt
  • Premium economy lowest: pl
  • Premium economy flexible: pf
  • Business lowest: el
  • Business flexible: ef
Using the above allows one to price a flight with different fare basis to see if it worth going from say a H class that could require up to 8 eUpgrade credits in Flex to a M class requiring a max of 2 credits.
I think I know who posted this, but don't want to offend someone else if I got it wrong.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 10:34 am

Is anyone else having problems logging in to AC.com? I have the MFA enabled but I'm not getting the verification code. I can log in to the app just fine.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 2:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
There's a whole thread on ITA Matrix and AC reservations

But it could probably use a wiki.

I think that quote above might be from the branded fares thread?
arf04 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 2:47 pm

Programs: no status
Finally got call back but no surprise that seats were gone and fare higher by about 20% of what I was willing to pay. Will have a look at ITA tool to explore options.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 1:22 pm

Any clue what this error message is referring to?

An error occurred and we were not able to complete the process. Please try again.(Error code: [36803])
Get it when booking an award fare at the point where you enter passenger information.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 1:36 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by FlySkyHigh
Any clue what this error message is referring to?

Get it when booking an award fare at the point where you enter passenger information.
Did you select seats prior to that error message? I've found that I need to complete the booking first and selection seats afterwards.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by ffsim
Did you select seats prior to that error message? I've found that I need to complete the booking first and selection seats afterwards.
There's no option to select seats prior to the error occurring.
ffsim and YVRMoshu like this.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 10:59 am

Programs: AC E75K
Is anyone running into this on AC.com?

Encountering this on Chrome and Safari, normal and incognito mode.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 11:24 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Is anyone running into this on AC.com?

Encountering this on Chrome and Safari, normal and incognito mode.
Literally ALL THE TIME for the last 3ish years. It has cost AC tons of bookings from me.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 2:10 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Literally ALL THE TIME for the last 3ish years. It has cost AC tons of bookings from me.
It really is quite stunning that a commercial enterprise operates like this. Imagine Amazon's website was just down half the time, or Walmart couldn't figure out how to keep the doors to its physical stores open. Mindboggling.

Last edited by capedreamer; Mar 18, 2023 at 6:50 pm
Old Mar 18, 2023, 5:10 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by capedreamer
It really is quite stunning that a commercial enterprise operates like this. Imagine Amazon's website just was down half the time, or Walmart couldn't figure out how to keep the doors to its physical stores open. Mindboggling.
It has meant that I don't have to change my "program" name in my profile for the last many many years, so that's a win.

<------
capedreamer likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Somehow, getting:

Mixed cabin:
Calgary YYC - Frankfurt FRA: Business Class
Frankfurt FRA - Lisbon LIS: Business Class
And same on details when looking at an itinerary, all booked in P, on aircanada.com
Old Mar 19, 2023, 4:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by Stranger
Somehow, getting:

And same on details when looking at an itinerary, all booked in P, on aircanada.com
I got single leg one way flight booked into mixed cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.