Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2024, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hp12c
interestingly I had login issues today on all of the following:
aeroplan
lifemiles
united
delta
american
But inflight login is a completely different issue. Not supposed to ask for MFA. Anyway, seems like there is an implementation error, possibly related to that issue.
Old May 23, 2024, 2:18 am

Programs: AC SE, Star Alliance Gold
Got email and text saying check in. App says check in is open. But both app and website say check in is closed when I try to check in. Departure is < 24 hrs.

Would not care except Im waitlisted for gate upgrade, plus the good life doesnt consist in wasting ones time, constantly, because of ACs IT.
Old May 27, 2024, 1:25 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
The sale announced today till May 30th has a discount code that doesn't seem to work with any itinerary - Q3TMYUV1. Anyone else had any success using the code?
Old May 27, 2024, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
The sale announced today till May 30th has a discount code that doesn't seem to work with any itinerary - Q3TMYUV1. Anyone else had any success using the code?
I just tried it on a YUL-BNA flight and it worked.

Have you looked whether the itineraries you're searching are eligible per the terms and conditions?
Old May 27, 2024, 2:36 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flyingcrooked
I just tried it on a YUL-BNA flight and it worked.

Have you looked whether the itineraries you're searching are eligible per the terms and conditions?
Seems to have been fixed
Old May 28, 2024, 5:57 am

Last evening I wanted to research possible flight changes. Every time I activated the e upgrade filter the page just disappeared - it just went to the footer information with nothing else displayed. Very frustrating, however I'm now at the airport on my way home.
Old May 28, 2024, 8:15 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by Wigg
Last evening I wanted to research possible flight changes. Every time I activated the e upgrade filter the page just disappeared - it just went to the footer information with nothing else displayed. Very frustrating, however I'm now at the airport on my way home.

Same here despite trying multiple browsers, the website, etc. More than frustrating.
Wigg likes this.
Old May 28, 2024, 6:47 pm

I have tried different browsers also, Firefox, Chrome and Edge. All with the same disappearing page when e-upgrade filter is activated. What an IT s**t show AC is running!
Old May 28, 2024, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by whyfseeguy
I have tried different browsers also, Firefox, Chrome and Edge. All with the same disappearing page when e-upgrade filter is activated. What an IT s**t show AC is running!
Must be something specific to your configuration. I don't have this problem.

This said, AC, like many other businesses make some assumptions on cookies, what is allowed or not allowed, web sites/spywave not being blacklisted, etc. Such that it will often break left and right.
Old May 29, 2024, 6:46 am

What causes things like this? I don't seem to have problems of a similar kind on any other website I visit.

Old May 29, 2024, 7:05 am

For the past couple years I've had to clear all aircanada.com cookies every couple weeks or so once a "Access Denied You don't have permission to access "http://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home.html" on this server."

Since the past couple days, it's been pretty much after every session on the site.

If you have the same issues as me in Firefox you can bookmark the Manage Site Data tool for easier access at:
chrome://browser/content/preferences/dialogs/siteDataSettings.xhtml
(Interesting aside since I wondered why Firefox used "chrome://" in it's internal protocol, apparently the user interface of FF has been called "Chrome" since well before Google's browser was a thing, and the Chrome browser was actually named after the FF UI)
canadiancow likes this.

Last edited by eggsbenedict; May 29, 2024 at 7:25 am
Old May 29, 2024, 8:37 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by flyingcrooked
What causes things like this? I don't seem to have problems of a similar kind on any other website I visit.

Your browser did not download an internationalisation file with the relevant phrases. Without logs its impossible to know if its a client side (not requesting or processing) or server side (not delivering, error on delivery)
billdokes and flyingcrooked like this.
Old May 30, 2024, 5:59 pm

Today I received a "Your Trip to Toronto is days away" e mail. Except I don't have any trips to Toronto in the next few days. I searched my e mails - nothing wiht this booking reference. I go on-line and enter the booking reference and receive the message that "Only bookings in my name can be displayed". So I go to Mrs. W's e mail and bookings also with no success. So I enter the booking reference in My Bookings under Mrs W's account and it comes up for a flight on Sunday. It's a route we would not typically book, most options are greyed out, and it asks me to accept a schedule change. So I call into AC. First the agent stated that is a one minute schedule change and that is why the e mail was sent. I asked "Is this a real booking?" and the reply was something like "Of course it is". I then explained I had no record of it, and it was not a route we would book being that both of us are currently in YYC. He then said it was booked via a third party but not ticketed, and to just hold on for a minute and he would provide further details. After a minute or more (and many many keystrokes in the background) he asked to put me on hold. When he came back he stated that he and his colleagues don't know what happened or why, but a booking without a payment should be dropped within 24 hours (this was supposedly made early May) but this one was not. Mystery somewhat solved, and he deleted the booking. As I don't remember anything we would have done to trigger this I am a little concerned - I will just have to monitor our accounts as usual for anything out of the ordinary I guess. And to note the agent was actually very helpful and not dismissive of my concern.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2024, 8:08 pm

Programs: AC 75K, FB Gold, BW Diamond Select
For the past couple of months I've been experience a problem when trying to check in for multi segment trips. It doesn't matter whether I'm using the app or browser on a phone or computer, every time I go to check in, it will only allow me to check in for the one segment that is within 24hrs.
For example, tomorrow I'm flying YYZ-YYC-YVR-YYD. Returning YYD-YVR-YYZ.
I first got notification to check in for the flight to Calgary, then later, to Vancouver, and then to Smithers. In the app and in My Bookings my trip is listed as to Smithers.
Then once the 24 hrs was up for the return flight leaving Smithers, I got an email saying to check in for my trip to Toronto. I go to check in, and it will only process the flight from Smithers to Vancouver. Not onwards to Toronto.

Is there something I need to do to permit check in for connection flights? Or am I just having bad luck with AC's IT?
Old Jun 3, 2024, 9:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I had mixed luck with that last week. Sometimes it would give me the connection, sometimes just the flights within 24h.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.