Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: AC SE
I run a search for a multi-city itinerary for 3 pax (2 adults and 1 children) on Aeroplan points. Total is is roughly 70k per pax, so 210k for 3. I have more than enough in my account to cover this. Yet, somehow, ac.com says the following and comes up with a total 10x higher:

But, if I run the same search with 3 adults rather than 2 adults and 1 child, I get the correct total:

I can't, however, proceed with the booking because on the next page, the system is smart enough to see that my kid isn't an adult when I input the birthdate.

What is going on?
Old Nov 9, 2022, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by jasdou
What is going on?
I don't know but I find it suspicious that the infant rate is 10% of the full rate and you're being charged 10x the full rate. I wonder if they have a new feature to allow paying for infants using points and someone swapped a * for a / ....
Old Nov 9, 2022, 2:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Is there a discount for the child? If not, you're SE, so I'd just book three adults and then immediately call to update the birthdate. Worst case scenario you have to cancel it. Though that would be free for anyone within 24 hours.
jerry305 and kalderlake like this.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 3:46 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
AC Website shows my Aeroplan points... until I try to book

I'm in the US/US-based/US-address. I transferred points to Aeroplan. They show up in my account. I log in, my "card" in the top right shows my points balance.

I go to book using points. That triggers a change to the "Canadian" site to bill be in CAD. That site shows I have 0 points.

I go back to My Account. My points are there. Try to book again... 0.

Are the US and Canadian sites separate... and out of sync? How do I fix this?
Old Nov 9, 2022, 4:16 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by zkzkz
I don't know but I find it suspicious that the infant rate is 10% of the full rate and you're being charged 10x the full rate. I wonder if they have a new feature to allow paying for infants using points and someone swapped a * for a / ....
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Is there a discount for the child? If not, you're SE, so I'd just book three adults and then immediately call to update the birthdate. Worst case scenario you have to cancel it. Though that would be free for anyone within 24 hours.
There is no discount for children tickets. Same price as adults. I would have needed to call in anyway to add a stopover on this itinerary so I can try updating the birthdate. Thanks!
Old Nov 9, 2022, 4:21 pm

"has been" added???

vancouver25k and TTC900Rocket like this.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 10:13 pm

Some cosmetic changes over the past week, but the site generally feels a little faster than before. There also seems to be fewer of those endless redirects where the spinning plane resets itself and continues spinning.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cosmetic changes, maybe.

But trying to get seat assignments on aircanada.com after one leg was cancelled, and the agent rebooked apparently by reissuing new tickets, albeit with same booking reference. Mind you, seems strange that a single booking reference can include legs on three ticket numbers. On aircanada.com, hows the changed return (mid February 2023) as "already flown."

Back to the future I suppose.

BTW cowtool only shows one ticket number. One of the changed legs as "open for use," last one as "exchanged/reissued." All HK.

My wife's Aeroplan reward shows one leg as HL. The e-mailed itinerary shows "requested." Also it seemed there was reward space for that flight.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger
Cosmetic changes, maybe.

But trying to get seat assignments on aircanada.com after one leg was cancelled, and the agent rebooked apparently by reissuing new tickets, albeit with same booking reference. Mind you, seems strange that a single booking reference can include legs on three ticket numbers. On aircanada.com, hows the changed return (mid February 2023) as "already flown."

Back to the future I suppose.

BTW cowtool only shows one ticket number. One of the changed legs as "open for use," last one as "exchanged/reissued." All HK.

My wife's Aeroplan reward shows one leg as HL. The e-mailed itinerary shows "requested." Also it seemed there was reward space for that flight.
Any flight number change is going to result in a reissue. But if you're seeing "exchanged/reissued" on cowtool, it means the new ticket isn't properly associated with the PNR. The AC website is being weird because your booking is broken

That being said, cowtool does not handle multiple ticket numbers as well as it should. But aside from very weird bookings (which yours is not), you should probably never see exchanged/reissued. Unless they've screwed something up

So call in, and just ask them to verify that the new ticket is properly associated with all segments. Because it's not.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Any flight number change is going to result in a reissue. But if you're seeing "exchanged/reissued" on cowtool, it means the new ticket isn't properly associated with the PNR. The AC website is being weird because your booking is broken

That being said, cowtool does not handle multiple ticket numbers as well as it should. But aside from very weird bookings (which yours is not), you should probably never see exchanged/reissued. Unless they've screwed something up

So call in, and just ask them to verify that the new ticket is properly associated with all segments. Because it's not.
In any event I will need to call since I am unable to get seat assignments.

This said, I can see all three tickets on that other web site (which shall remain unnamed). Also, on the lufthansa web site, the ticket shows up fine. With all three ticket numbers. Even allowing me to bid for upgrade on the LH leg.

My wife has an aeroplan reward, same itinerary. They told me it was OK. However the AC transatlantic leg shows as waitlisted (HL) on the cowtool and I am unable to get her a seat assignment. This said, based upon info from the cowtool reward page, pretty sure there was reward space available on that flight. But maybe not for the same number of miles.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 3:40 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Seat Selection is a mess.. I booked 2pax on a FP the other day.. it selected seats automatically for the 2nd (not for me).. it will let me choose the seats in Seat Selection, but when I get to confirm.. it's greyed out.

Ron.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 10:23 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Seems like the newest updated to both the App and Webpage have been cosmetic changes to the UI as many have pointed above. Seat selection for a few flights hasn't been working (errors out after clicking the seat) and had a few issues with eUp requests. Would be great if they focused on functionality versus how things looks/are perceived.
King Chung Huang likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 7:28 am

AC Cancellation Problems

Hello,

I'm curious if anyone having problems with cancelling tickets in AC website?
Booked a ticket and tried cancelling it within 24-hour window. The quoted refund was correct with full refund to original payment, but somehow it's showing me "sorry we cannot process your request" after confirming the cancellation.
Now that the ticket somehow is indeed cancelled but I never receive the refund confirmation email. Called AC and was just told to wait 5 business days....

Anyone having similar issues?
Old Nov 14, 2022, 7:33 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
I tried to book a couple of trips using Chrome, but it would error out when I tried to visit the page right after clicking on the return flight.

No such issue when performing the same actions when surfing in Incognito Mode.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by thatmikereed
I'm in the US/US-based/US-address. I transferred points to Aeroplan. They show up in my account. I log in, my "card" in the top right shows my points balance.

I go to book using points. That triggers a change to the "Canadian" site to bill be in CAD. That site shows I have 0 points.

I go back to My Account. My points are there. Try to book again... 0.

Are the US and Canadian sites separate... and out of sync? How do I fix this?

That sounds like a nightmare. thatmikereed Did you get this resolved?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.