Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2022, 10:29 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Tried to book a bog stanard LHR-YYZ-YQT/YQT-YYZ-LHR using normal aircanada.com, and the app. Latitude departing, Business returning.

Website throws
Code:
BK_ORD_001

App throws this nice error:

I have to stress this is a bog standard return flight.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 5:41 pm

In case this helps anyone, I stopped being able to book using the website and was getting errors regarding "incomplete stopover details" (even on a simple one way itinerary involving no stopevers) when hitting the final "accept and pay" button in the process. Finally decided to download the app and try there, where I got an error message that made sense. I had been trying to pay using a TD card that I had applied for a few months ago via Air Canada and it had been automatically added to my profile. It had worked fine for a few months but I guess eventually you stop being able to use the card without adding it "properly". Re-added the TD card to my profile and I can book again.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 1:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA, AMEX AP Reserve
Website buggy today-promo codes

Trying to make a booking this am using one of my 3 discount codes Im trying to use up including
the current 20% off promo code. None will work. Tried different browser-no go.
The little red airplane circles for a long time then get one of these

We're sorry, we were not able to process your request. Please try again, or contact usOpens in a new tab for assistance.

The Promotion Code you entered cannot be used at this time as we are not able to process your request. Please try again later. (661000)

Would be nice if this gets fixed before the promo is over
Old Oct 30, 2022, 2:23 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Keep trying to make bookings. alwasy get this error. Revenue sale.

"We are temporarily unable to process your request. Please try again later. (err-7)GEN_001 "
Old Oct 31, 2022, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Is anyone else getting a message that the system is down? Whenever I try to make an Aeroplan booking... "Air Canada's website is not available right now. We are working to resolve the issue and appreciate your patience. Our apologies for the inconvenience."
Old Oct 31, 2022, 2:34 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by steveholt
Is anyone else getting a message that the system is down? Whenever I try to make an Aeroplan booking... "Air Canada's website is not available right now. We are working to resolve the issue and appreciate your patience. Our apologies for the inconvenience."

Yes, I just got the same error ~10 minutes ago
Old Oct 31, 2022, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
unable to sign in atm
Old Oct 31, 2022, 8:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
It’s so annoying not having accurate eUpgrade info when booking.

I refuse to believe that there are zero Latitude seats from Europe to YYZ available for upgrade on May 9 (Tuesday). Or May 8. Or May 7. Or pretty well any random date I plugged in.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 8:35 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by yyztozag
It’s so annoying not having accurate eUpgrade info when booking.

I refuse to believe that there are zero Latitude seats from Europe to YYZ available for upgrade on May 9 (Tuesday). Or May 8. Or May 7. Or pretty well any random date I plugged in.
Not sure what dates and routes you’re looking at specifically but R space as a whole has been down. Flight loads are way up. Revenue J seats are way up and AC thinks (rightfully so in most cases lately) that they can fill most, if not all, of J with revenue seats.

This coupled with the generous promos this year have people getting eupgrades for 2023 starting in July and taking what little R space there is.

Getting any sort of R space right now is a dogfight.
YYC3722 likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Originally Posted by TheViperOne
Not sure what dates and routes you’re looking at specifically but R space as a whole has been down. Flight loads are way up. Revenue J seats are way up and AC thinks (rightfully so in most cases lately) that they can fill most, if not all, of J with revenue seats.

This coupled with the generous promos this year have people getting eupgrades for 2023 starting in July and taking what little R space there is.

Getting any sort of R space right now is a dogfight.
But Latitude and O class don't upgrade into R, and there have been reports on FT of people almost instantly upgrading from those fares when it was showing as unavailable at time of booking.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 11:15 am

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
Originally Posted by hp12c
Yes, I just got the same error ~10 minutes ago
I got this message this morning when trying to make payment. I managed to book flight on the app but had to call in two cancel two phantom bookings in my profile that were not ticketed but showing up.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: AC SE 100K
But Latitude and O class don't upgrade into R, and there have been reports on FT of people almost instantly upgrading from those fares when it was showing as unavailable at time of booking.
On the R-Space (even if not from R-bucket). I am in the same boat. Tried looking for latitude upgrades for long ranges of dates next summer. I am on a Lat fare and needed to pick a flight. Finally just chose one . . that worked for me - It was a real pain firstly to get flight segments to be booked an confirmed properly (took 13 days of calls to AMEX / AC to get the flights changed on a fully flexible ticket - 16 hours on the phone). Now - since I cannot see the availability, then you just don't know what will happen. Also I then have to decide what will I do with eUps . benefit package (also the package for the Mrs. . . ) but while "flying blind" on availability.

So - once segments were confirmed - I wrote to concierge to ask if it was available - even though the EUp site says I will be waitlisted -and was told my eUp will clear. There is no visibility on this and once I request - who knows . . (it is for July 21). The thing is - - without this visibility - I would never book - and ultimately, if this does not get confirmed - we will just take the refund and not travel (rather than risk being squashed in the back). I redeemed my benefit package and now wait for the credits to post (likely tomorrow). Then - let's see - - either they confirm it or we will refund it and take the cash.

Very true that J-demand is very good. What I would do is just book a refundable fare - - make the request - and then beg if it does not clear right away - - then refund if it does not clear.
yyztozag likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 1:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Latitude is refundable so you can play with it. Mostly, if the website says Latitude can eupgrade despite no R space, I see it got upgraded into J frequently. If websites say no but there is R space, it appears also upgradable. But if no R space and the website also says no, I will tend to believe it might indeed be futile. Again, you can still try.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 1:59 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Seat selection on the booking site is still acting up.
When doing a booking on a Q-400 seat 3A was avail and open, I selected 3A, the summary of my booking showed 14A. Tried again same thing selected 3A (open) but showed 14A on summary.
Finally phoned in and the agent said 3A was in fact occupied, but said 5F (window) was available. The agent they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix...
Old Nov 8, 2022, 5:46 pm

Go home Air Canada, you're drunk....

Go home Air Canada, you're drunk.....

Last edited by zkzkz; Nov 8, 2022 at 5:52 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.