Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Miles Sales - May 7-15th 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan Miles Sales - May 7-15th 2020

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2020, 6:50 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yes. Well I am. I'm definitely making a purchase, but I'm not sure how big it will be. Minimum 60k + bonus, but might be as high as 140k + bonus. Probably no higher.

My alarm is set for 0645.
Have fun!
canadiancow likes this.
Old May 6, 2020, 6:51 pm

Programs: AC 75K, Bonvoy Plat , HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Coincidence ??

Old May 6, 2020, 9:03 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
So, which site is going to crash first tomorrow morning. Aeroplan or Points.com?
Old May 6, 2020, 9:41 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
So, which site is going to crash first tomorrow morning. Aeroplan or Points.com?
While we're taking bets, what's the over/under on when the 115% bonus level is gone?
tcook052 likes this.
Old May 6, 2020, 10:08 pm
Suspended

Select your province on points.com. Then the tax will appear.
bingo. 5%. thanks.

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
If you did the rouge flights, wouldn't the savings be more like $175? Of course, you'd earn no AQM etc.
the flights varied quite a bit in price so i was being very loose with the calculations and i didn't include the GST. it was just a general exercise. not a precise study. right about the AQM but that doesn't matter to me as i don't fly much anymore.

and yes, flights that worked for me were surprisingly available. i've looked at awards on this route before and availability has been dismal but at the moment things seem to be wide open.
Old May 6, 2020, 10:11 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by BenSenise
and yes, flights that worked for me were surprisingly available. i've looked at awards on this route before and availability has been dismal but at the moment things seem to be wide open.
If the flights are available now and you can buy them redeem pretty much instantly, maybe not a bad idea then. The big risk factor to potential devaluations is time.
canadiancow likes this.
Old May 6, 2020, 10:32 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
aeroplan’s website has been acting up all day, at least whenever I tried it.
Old May 7, 2020, 12:12 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Can’t even get the website to load for the last 3 hours, been trying every 10 - 15 minutes.
Old May 7, 2020, 12:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Okay I've decided I'm only buying a few. My 60k-140k + bonus is now closer to 35k-55k + bonus, with the exact amount depending on which bonus I get.

I found a cheaper way to get the rest of what I need for TAH.
Old May 7, 2020, 12:44 am

My alarm is set for 0645.
Only 15min before boarding. Zone 1 line will be quite long at 6:45am PST
canadiancow likes this.
Old May 7, 2020, 5:44 am

Can I use my COVID-related credits for this?
Old May 7, 2020, 5:47 am

Question for the experts: I have United Silver already but want to take advantage of the Aeroplan P25k offer since we are only about 1 hour from Montreal.

If I purchase 100,000 points (Bonus included), would that be enough to cover the requirement?

Right now, it's showing 100,000 for 3000 CAD. My guess when the window opens, it will be around $1000 USD.

Thank you for your help!!!
Old May 7, 2020, 5:53 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
I thought I was going to try and buy some miles this morning, but I have already passed the 250K for the Travel at Home promo, and I already have >1.5M AP miles... so not sure I see the point as I dont see any benefit other than relatively cheap miles...but I believe my chances of getting into the first tranche are slim.
Old May 7, 2020, 6:41 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I am in the US for work for 6+ months, tried changing my address to save on taxes

getting an error

There are 1 error(s) on this page. Please ensure that you have entered all fields correctly.
Default error message(SYS-ERR-CODE: bus1015)

Last edited by theBeachBoy; May 7, 2020 at 6:51 am
Old May 7, 2020, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by pauq
Can I use my COVID-related credits for this?
Assuming this is a serious question, no.

If this was a joke,

Originally Posted by calculus1918
If I purchase 100,000 points (Bonus included), would that be enough to cover the requirement?
You need to earn 50K miles, so yes. If you've already earned miles from other sources, you don't need to purchase as many miles.

Right now, it's showing 100,000 for 3000 CAD. My guess when the window opens, it will be around $1000 USD.
We don't know exactly how it's going to be displayed, but it will definitely show a price in CAD rather than USD.

Originally Posted by Plumber
I thought I was going to try and buy some miles this morning, but I have already passed the 250K for the Travel at Home promo, and I already have >1.5M AP miles... so not sure I see the point as I dont see any benefit other than relatively cheap miles...but I believe my chances of getting into the first tranche are slim.
See my discussion with the cow above. With that many miles - and I imagine you don't burn them nearly as quickly as he does - it seems risky to be sinking big dollars in to purchasing miles that you may not use for a couple of years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.