Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://acpnr.cowtool.com/

Feature Requests / Bug Reports
  • More direct links to partner airline "manage booking" pages
  • For points bookings, show how many points were used
  • Sometimes when you have UN segments, it doesn't show the entire PNR
  • How about a one tool using the other: PNR lookup tool could show R space available Y/N if pax isn't already upgraded.
  • Can seat # be a clickable link to carrier manage booking/seat?
  • Display ticket create date/time, helpful to know when reticketed due to schedule change.
Print Wikipost

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2022, 5:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by canadiancow
UU is "Unable, have waitlisted". So maybe it was unable to confirm the upgrade, and stuck UU on it instead?

I'd be kinda tempted to cancel and re-request the upgrade to get into HL. I have no idea how AC's systems will treat UU.
I canceled and re-requested. Showing HL now as expected. Very odd. It would have sucked if they opened up R space and I was skipped over because it was showing UU.

Thanks cow!
canadiancow likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 10:45 am

Programs: SE 100K
Can someone explain the difference between HN (Holding Need) and HK (Holding Confirmed)?

And would a change from HK > HN trigger one of the AC emails stating "ACTION REQUIRED: Your Air Canada Flight Has Changed"
Can't see any schedule / time changes when I went to look and check but PNR viewer showed a couple legs changed from PY to J and HK to HN.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 12:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Hey cow. Endpoint request timed out error is back.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 12:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TheViperOne
Hey cow. Endpoint request timed out error is back.
1. Until this is migrated over to the newer cowtool system, there is a 29 second timeout, and I have no control over that.
2. Bigger, more complicated PNRs are slower to load.
3. I just loaded a PNR successfully, so this isn't a general problem. Just try again later.
4. Until this is migrated over to the newer cowtool system, I'm actually pretty limited in what I can do to debug/fix things while at work (though luckily in this case, there's nothing for me to do).
TheViperOne likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 1:51 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Can someone explain the difference between HN (Holding Need) and HK (Holding Confirmed)?

And would a change from HK > HN trigger one of the AC emails stating "ACTION REQUIRED: Your Air Canada Flight Has Changed"
Can't see any schedule / time changes when I went to look and check but PNR viewer showed a couple legs changed from PY to J and HK to HN.
HN is usually used when you're waitlisted for an upgrade, but outside of your clearance window. Do you have a eupgrade pending from PY to J?
Old Sep 23, 2022, 11:03 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by fly_yag
I’ve got an upcoming booking that has had a recent schedule change where for a single flight the status shows HK but the fare basis and coupon status are blank. Is this normal or is it a potential bug in the tool or issue with the booking?
If I had to guess, you were rebooked, but the ticket hasn't been issued yet.
If you punch the ticket number into Saudia, does it match the new or old booking?
If that's the case, I wouldn't really worry. They'll get to it.
Encountered the same situation: Saudia shows old booking with the ticket number. Coupon and fare basis are blank for changed flights. AC / LH website+app all correctly show the new booking. Do I need to call immediately? Call center wait time still seems to be long....
Old Sep 23, 2022, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alwaysflyingLA
Encountered the same situation: Saudia shows old booking with the ticket number. Coupon and fare basis are blank for changed flights. AC / LH website+app all correctly show the new booking. Do I need to call immediately? Call center wait time still seems to be long....
That definitely sounds like it hasn't been reticketed.
alwaysflyingLA likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 1:23 pm
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Noticing that on some partner *A flights the SQD that are posting to my account are lower than the tool would indicate. Is this a limitation of the tool or do I have a case to try and get the SQD adjusted? I assume “but cow’s took said!” won’t get me very far so it would be helpful to know why it pulls one figure and what’s posted is different.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wjw
Noticing that on some partner *A flights the SQD that are posting to my account are lower than the tool would indicate. Is this a limitation of the tool or do I have a case to try and get the SQD adjusted? I assume “but cow’s took said!” won’t get me very far so it would be helpful to know why it pulls one figure and what’s posted is different.
If you provided some real examples it would help.

The problem could easily be on either end.
TTC900Rocket likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 2:05 pm
wjw

If you provided some real examples it would help.

The problem could easily be on either end.
For sure, just thought I’d ask generally in case it was a broadly known issue to keep from getting into the weeds.

Current Trip (all earnings quotes as “SQM/SQD”):
YYZ-AMS on AC in V: 3717/676 matched tool and earnings.

AMS-IST on TK in L: Tool said 950/247, posted at 960/206

IST-FRU on TK in L: Tool said 1621/421, posted at 1627/348
Old Sep 24, 2022, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wjw
For sure, just thought I’d ask generally in case it was a broadly known issue to keep from getting into the weeds.

Current Trip (all earnings quotes as “SQM/SQD”):
YYZ-AMS on AC in V: 3717/676 matched tool and earnings.

AMS-IST on TK in L: Tool said 950/247, posted at 960/206

IST-FRU on TK in L: Tool said 1621/421, posted at 1627/348
And what was the total base fare + YQ that you paid?
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 2:26 pm
wjw

PNR is still in use. I can reconnect once it’s used up to see if there is still a discrepancy. Is your thinking that the difference may be reconciled once the last flights are taken? Like TK shorted but LH might make up the slack? I just wasn’t sure how the tool divided it up by segment.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

It's divided by distance. It should match what AC credits. But as long as you get everything at the end, it's no big deal.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 2:44 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by wjw
PNR is still in use. I can reconnect once it’s used up to see if there is still a discrepancy. Is your thinking that the difference may be reconciled once the last flights are taken? Like TK shorted but LH might make up the slack? I just wasn’t sure how the tool divided it up by segment.
SQD is always pro-rated based on distance.

SQD per flight = total itinerary SQD / flight's share of ticket distance.

If it were a dollar or two, it's possible it's just rounding and would get made up on later flights on the ticket, but with the size of this discrepancy, it's much more likely you'll end up writing in to get it corrected. You don't have to cite the cowtool when you write in; when you point out that it's wrong, they'll go look at it and correct it.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 4:41 am
wjw

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
SQD is always pro-rated based on distance.

SQD per flight = total itinerary SQD / flight's share of ticket distance.

If it were a dollar or two, it's possible it's just rounding and would get made up on later flights on the ticket, but with the size of this discrepancy, it's much more likely you'll end up writing in to get it corrected. You don't have to cite the cowtool when you write in; when you point out that it's wrong, they'll go look at it and correct it.
Thank you, Adam! The math of how the SQD was split across flights was what I didn’t know before. I just figured there was some complex calculation based on the value of each leg or something! Makes perfect sense now that it’s just the portion of miles flown relative to the total mileage, applied to the dollars.

Guess I’ll wait til the PNR is finished and then write it in. That’s just through the contact us section in the app, right? They aren’t huge differences, but I am looking at just squeaking by the $20k for to be SE for the first time, so don’t want to lose out because I was shorted a few hundred SQD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.