Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://acpnr.cowtool.com/

Feature Requests / Bug Reports
  • More direct links to partner airline "manage booking" pages
  • For points bookings, show how many points were used
  • Sometimes when you have UN segments, it doesn't show the entire PNR
  • How about a one tool using the other: PNR lookup tool could show R space available Y/N if pax isn't already upgraded.
  • Can seat # be a clickable link to carrier manage booking/seat?
  • Display ticket create date/time, helpful to know when reticketed due to schedule change.
Print Wikipost

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Nov 6, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP; Air Canada 35k; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by najama2
Yes
It's not showing up in the results I think.. it shows that I've requested an eupgrade or am I missing something?
Old Nov 16, 2022, 11:03 am

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Looks like the PNR viewer is down with error:{"message": "Endpoint request timed out"}
Old Nov 16, 2022, 11:05 am

Programs: SE 100K
Originally Posted by fly_yag
Looks like the PNR viewer is down with error:{"message": "Endpoint request timed out"}
Same for me last couple days. Maintenance ?
Old Nov 17, 2022, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by fly_yag
I just tried now (and yesterday)
both cowtool search AND PNR viewer worked fine for me

Last edited by Adam Smith; Nov 17, 2022 at 11:14 am Reason: Edit to reflect thread move
Old Nov 17, 2022, 11:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
So the first issue was that someone was hammering it for no apparent reason, so I blocked them, and it started working again.

Then I tried to tweak it so it would cost me less, and that didn't go as planned, so it was down again.

But it should be back to normal.
jerryhung likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by northerncoalminer
I just re-checked my itinerary using the cowtool, it also didn't return the correct TK PNR compared to before.
northerncoalminer Are you saying it DID work before?

The way it works right now (and I was looking at this recently because I know it's not perfect) is that for every marketing airline, I see if there's a reference associated, and if so, I use that. If not, I assume it's 1A. There are a lot of cases where, for example, there's no explicit LH or NH reference, where it is the 1A one.

But sometimes there's just nothing there.

If you have an example where the cowtool isn't showing a reference, but you do have the reference, and you're willing to share it all, I can take a look and see if there's something obvious I could change.

With a lot of airlines it doesn't matter though. For example, if you put a UA reference in the AC site, it will pull it up (as long as there's an AC segment on it).
Old Nov 17, 2022, 4:44 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by canadiancow
northerncoalminer Are you saying it DID work before?

The way it works right now (and I was looking at this recently because I know it's not perfect) is that for every marketing airline, I see if there's a reference associated, and if so, I use that. If not, I assume it's 1A. There are a lot of cases where, for example, there's no explicit LH or NH reference, where it is the 1A one.

But sometimes there's just nothing there.

If you have an example where the cowtool isn't showing a reference, but you do have the reference, and you're willing to share it all, I can take a look and see if there's something obvious I could change.

With a lot of airlines it doesn't matter though. For example, if you put a UA reference in the AC site, it will pull it up (as long as there's an AC segment on it).
Yes, it did work before but I also recalled the TK PNR was also on the AC under my bookings but that's no longer the case on AC's website.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 6:14 pm

I tried to retrieve my Oman Air booking reference using the tool, but it shows the Oman Air and Aeroplan booking reference being the same. That can't be right, as when I try to enter it on Oman Air's website I can only enter numbers not letters. Any idea where I can get my Oman Air PNR without having to call Aeroplan (they are overloaded and won't accept my call). Thanks
Old Nov 22, 2022, 6:26 pm

Programs: AC, SK, AY, Marriott, BW, Avis
Originally Posted by tiger302
I tried to retrieve my Oman Air booking reference using the tool, but it shows the Oman Air and Aeroplan booking reference being the same. That can't be right, as when I try to enter it on Oman Air's website I can only enter numbers not letters. Any idea where I can get my Oman Air PNR without having to call Aeroplan (they are overloaded and won't accept my call). Thanks
If you can only enter numbers, try the ticket number. PNRs are alphanumeric.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 6:55 pm

My mistake, Aeroplan gives numbers + letters but Oman (see Manage Booking at www.omanair.com) only supports letters.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 11:42 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Recently had a waitlisted upgrade force cleared due to an IT glitch. Instead of showing HK though it now shows KL. I received the email/text about the upgrade clearing as normal but with the current status KL I am unable to access the flight in the app and seat selection the leg doesnt even show up on the booking.

Hopefully it resolves itself over the next few days. Flight isnt until May so no real rush but I do want to make sure my wife and daughter are sitting near me so want to get the seat locked in at some point.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

KL is ... Cleared from waitlist?

It should be fine.

And I'm pretty sure status codes are highlighted in a color based on the need for them to be dealt with. KL should be green?
Old Nov 23, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by canadiancow
KL is ... Cleared from waitlist?

It should be fine.

And I'm pretty sure status codes are highlighted in a color based on the need for them to be dealt with. KL should be green?
Dont see the color coding for the KL but Im sure itll be flagged in their system to clean up at some point.

canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 7:57 pm

Programs: AC, SK, AY, Marriott, BW, Avis
I also have one that shows KL after I stood by for an earlier flight
Old Nov 26, 2022, 3:33 pm

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
Cowtool saved my butt.

I have one of them one-way Latitude BKK-YYZ itineraries that were "on sale" earlier this year for cheaper than free. It's been through a number of timing changes since I booked it in March, and the flight number changed for BKK-NRT changed as well. (And they moved it from a 350 to a 777. Boooo!)

When I pulled it up in le tool recently, I noticed the TG codeshare segment BKK-NRT showed HK, but didn't show a fare basis or coupon. NRT-YVR-YYZ look fine.

Dropped a note to the concierge asking they take a look. They confirmed that somehow, that segment is not ticketed, and advised me to call my travel agent. (Booked through AmEx to use the Plat travel benefit.)

Called AmEx. Agent said it was showing confirmed and everything looked good, but I insisted, saying a tool I use is showing it's missing a fare basis and coupon, so it's probably not ticketed. After asking if I worked in the industry ("No, I just know enough to be a little bit dangerous.") he agreed to contact Air Canada about it and see if everything's cool.

Didn't hear anything for about 24 hours, but today, the same gentleman called me back and said I was right, that he'd reached out to AC and there was a problem with that one segment. He forwarded the matter to their ticketing desk, got it reticketed, and everything looks good now.

That's a much better outcome than showing up at BKK, where... I'm not sure what TG would have done in those circumstances, but time would be tight, and language barriers, and.... yeah. Best case is a stressful situation, worst case is having to buy a very expensive last-minute ticket back to Canada.

Without the tool, I could have checked this reservation on AC's website and TG's website until the cows come home (pun only slightly intended), and would never have been any the wiser.

Thanks, Cow.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.