Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://acpnr.cowtool.com/

Feature Requests / Bug Reports
  • More direct links to partner airline "manage booking" pages
  • For points bookings, show how many points were used
  • Sometimes when you have UN segments, it doesn't show the entire PNR
  • How about a one tool using the other: PNR lookup tool could show R space available Y/N if pax isn't already upgraded.
  • Can seat # be a clickable link to carrier manage booking/seat?
  • Display ticket create date/time, helpful to know when reticketed due to schedule change.
Print Wikipost

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Dec 14, 2021, 11:13 am

No. I'm using the last name that matches the PNR.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 11:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
On first glance, it looks related to the pricing changes I made.

Unfortunately, my fire alarm went off, and I'm somewhat limited in what I can do on my phone in the cold
Old Dec 14, 2021, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Okay, so while the new pricing source is better, it's not perfect. The base fare isn't in the new source, probably because it's ACV. So I'll have to fall back to the old one (sigh).

For now, it's just going to say "??" for the base fare on that. But the rest should work.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Okay, so while the new pricing source is better, it's not perfect. The base fare isn't in the new source, probably because it's ACV. So I'll have to fall back to the old one (sigh).

For now, it's just going to say "??" for the base fare on that. But the rest should work.
Okay, fixed that.

I want to add an SQM/SQD/Points total. I think I may just add a couple columns to the passenger table, including "points if you selected the status bonus" and "points if you did not".
TTC900Rocket likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 9:07 am

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Hertz Gold
YYZ-LGA is crediting at 355 points, not 356 points, FYI.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 11:22 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by guessaaa
YYZ-LGA is crediting at 355 points, not 356 points, FYI.
The mileage calculations are driven by the SQx calculator, which has its own thread. Most of the distances have changed since the new Aeroplan program was introduced last year, and we're still rebuilding the database (356 was the number from the old program). I've updated YYZ-LGA, but if you have any others, please feel free to share them over in the calculator thread.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Okay, fixed that.

I want to add an SQM/SQD/Points total. I think I may just add a couple columns to the passenger table, including "points if you selected the status bonus" and "points if you did not".
And here we go. It only shows up if you're crediting to AC.

This is a feature I really don't understand why AC doesn't have.

I can appreciate not wanting to show people status codes, etc., but telling you how many SQM and Aeroplan points a PNR will earn...

Last edited by canadiancow; Dec 31, 2021 at 9:37 am
Old Dec 31, 2021, 10:57 am

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
And here we go. It only shows up if you're crediting to AC.

This is a feature I really don't understand why AC doesn't have.

I can appreciate not wanting to show people status codes, etc., but telling you how many SQM and Aeroplan points a PNR will earn...
ya many airlines use those points earning amount as a way to push users to higher fares
Old Jan 1, 2022, 10:47 pm

Programs: AC50K, *A Gold, Marriott Titanium (LGE), Hilton Diamond
Went to book a flight to YYC but didn't need it. Never booked it or even progress past seat selection.

Show up in my bookings now - doesn't let me click into it. Also doesn't show up on the PNR viewer here, instead returning a "An error occurred. Check your input and try again." Safe to assume the trip was never issued and I can go ahead and delete it?

TIA
Old Jan 1, 2022, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by loganre17
Went to book a flight to YYC but didn't need it. Never booked it or even progress past seat selection.

Show up in my bookings now - doesn't let me click into it. Also doesn't show up on the PNR viewer here, instead returning a "An error occurred. Check your input and try again." Safe to assume the trip was never issued and I can go ahead and delete it?

TIA
I'd be curious to see if you PM me the booking reference and last name, but I suspect it will disappear in under an hour.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:34 am
Original Poster

I made a wiki so people can add feature requests and bug reports that won't get lost in the thread. I added a few of my own.
painintheuk likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

So I'm working on displaying "incomplete" PNRs.

Sometimes, when you have massive changes, I'm not displaying all segments, because the segment data is missing some things I want.

I'm trying to piece together the missing data, and it's coming along reasonably well (if you're one of my alpha testers (don't ask to be one, the answer's no), you've probably seen the extra data set), but I have a question for the audience:

What are the two letter IATA codes that operate "AC" flights. For example, I know there's AC and QK, but who else these days? What's rouge? RV?

Last edited by canadiancow; Jan 14, 2022 at 1:00 pm Reason: type
Old Jan 14, 2022, 9:18 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS

What are the two letter IATA codes that operate "AC" flights. For example, I know there's AC and QK, but who else these days? What's rouge? RV?
Yes, just AC, QK, and RV at this point.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

I fixed an issue where SQD would show up as non-zero even if you're not eligible for accumulation.

I also added a new "cabin" column, for those situations where you have no clue what "P" class is on another airline.

Old Jan 30, 2022, 4:07 pm

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
I fixed an issue where SQD would show up as non-zero even if you're not eligible for accumulation.

I also added a new "cabin" column, for those situations where you have no clue what "P" class is on another airline.

just tried a United booking with both AC and UA segments and it just keeps failing when it worked before? tried both the UA Reference and AC one. my other direct AC bookings seem to be working as expected. Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.