Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://acpnr.cowtool.com/

Feature Requests / Bug Reports
  • More direct links to partner airline "manage booking" pages
  • For points bookings, show how many points were used
  • Sometimes when you have UN segments, it doesn't show the entire PNR
  • How about a one tool using the other: PNR lookup tool could show R space available Y/N if pax isn't already upgraded.
  • Can seat # be a clickable link to carrier manage booking/seat?
  • Display ticket create date/time, helpful to know when reticketed due to schedule change.
Print Wikipost

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Sep 27, 2022, 2:19 pm

Programs: A3*G
what means Exchanged/Reissued instead of open for use?
Old Sep 27, 2022, 2:23 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by wjw
Guess Iíll wait til the PNR is finished and then write it in. Thatís just through the contact us section in the app, right? They arenít huge differences, but I am looking at just squeaking by the $20k for to be SE for the first time, so donít want to lose out because I was shorted a few hundred SQD.
We have a thread that has details on how to claim missing SQx, including links and e-mail addresses: Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Everything you need should be there.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 2:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by travel agent
what means Exchanged/Reissued instead of open for use?
Sounds like your ticket was reissued for whatever reason, but the PNR is still pointing to the old ticket.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 3:32 pm

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Sounds like your ticket was reissued for whatever reason, but the PNR is still pointing to the old ticket.
was reissued do to a schedule change, but some segments are showing open for use, should I worry, or is it ok?
Old Sep 27, 2022, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

If they're unflown, it's probably not okay.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 5:01 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Getting an error message: "An error occurred. Check your input and try again."
Strangely it was working fine for this specific PNR until today (day of travel). Is there something on the airlines back end that would prevent me from accessing it through the Cowtool... ?
Tried other PNR's of mine and works still.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Getting an error message: "An error occurred. Check your input and try again."
Strangely it was working fine for this specific PNR until today (day of travel). Is there something on the airlines back end that would prevent me from accessing it through the Cowtool... ?
Tried other PNR's of mine and works still.
Could be lots of things. If you PM me the info, I can take a look.

Did you fly the whole thing already? It should be visible for a bit after completion, but sometimes the data I need disappears.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 6:14 pm

Was playing around with the tool and out of curiousity I waswondering what "Airport Control" means under ticket coupon status? Searched the thread but didn't find anything.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Honestly not much. For your purpose, it's the same as "open for use".
Old Oct 3, 2022, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fun one: Had a companion ticket for my wife. Changes made halfway through the outbound, files got split. Big mess, but that's another story, for another thread. But anyway, I can't see the return on either aircanada.com or the cowtool. cowtool gives an error: "end point request timed out" error.

AC reservations are telling me its's OK, sent me a new confirmation with new ticket number, upgrade still in place. When checking on that other (better unnamed) web site, the reservation shows up OK, with B fare but of course with nothing about upgrades. This said on the AC confirmation the upgrades and seat assignments are still OK. The AC folks I talked to insist everything should be OK, but they agree we best go to the airport early...
Old Oct 3, 2022, 11:23 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by Stranger
Fun one: Had a companion ticket for my wife. Changes made halfway through the outbound, files got split. Big mess, but that's another story, for another thread. But anyway, I can't see the return on either aircanada.com or the cowtool. cowtool gives an error: "end point request timed out" error.

AC reservations are telling me its's OK, sent me a new confirmation with new ticket number, upgrade still in place. When checking on that other (better unnamed) web site, the reservation shows up OK, with B fare but of course with nothing about upgrades. This said on the AC confirmation the upgrades and seat assignments are still OK. The AC folks I talked to insist everything should be OK, but they agree we best go to the airport early...
I had something similar a while back and our PNRs got all messed up. AC ensured me it was okay and everything worked out. But always good to be diligent.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 7:17 am

Programs: AC, SK, AY, Marriott, BW, Avis
Swedish Kronar are off by ​​​2 decimal places in the fare calculation and thus SQD.

canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stranger

Getting more interesting actually. Checking in for our flight worked fine, and to my surprise, loading one name and one Aeroplan number to retrieve a booking, both names came up and I was able to book both of us together. Even though we have different booking reference.

So it appears the checking in interface can handle a file that was split as a single file still. But "my bookings" on aircanada.com cannot. Neither the cowtool.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 9:59 am

Programs: AC SE 100K, Marriott Titanium
Love this tool, thanks for building it COW.

When looking at SQD - I see that the tool shows total SQD for my itinerary 898, but when I go to cancel my booking on air canada to see the fare totals, 'Base Fare' is listed as 797, and 'Carrier Surcharges' listed as 366, so 1163.

Which should I trust? I need exactly $1140 to make it to SE, so can't take a change! haha.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Is the entire ticket eligible for SQD?

Have you made any changes to it?

Hard to suggest anything without more details.

But the reason for this tool's existence is that it tends to be way more accurate than AC.com
Aselwyn likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.