Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2019, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition, 2018 edition and 2019 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2020)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2020, 3:02 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by tcook052
I believe I owe you one anyway so if I do win would buy you more than one.
Awww. Thanks!

We can enjoy it on that AC 220 you'll be chartering for the inevitable $70M Do in the air.
tcook052 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 4:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I just booked an international F ticket on an airline I've never flown. I'm excited.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 4:59 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I just booked an international F ticket on an airline I've never flown. I'm excited.
Which one?
Old Jan 3, 2020, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Which one?
I really don't want to say anything that will take this out of lounge thread territory, but KE.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 6:44 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
I really don't want to say anything that will take this out of lounge thread territory, but KE.
Will you be wearing your best onesie?
Old Jan 4, 2020, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
#sportspuck

RUS vs. CAN final!
canopus27 and Sean Peever like this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 1:47 pm

Programs: AC 50K
Canada Eh?
Old Jan 5, 2020, 1:59 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Hope their F service is better than that offered by the other Korean airline.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 2:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yyznomad
#sportspuck

RUS vs. CAN final!

or for those who like photos

Nitehawk and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 4:33 pm

Programs: AE / MR
Don't think you'll need a camping mattress for this one!
Old Jan 5, 2020, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
#sportspuck

Buds remain en fuego.
West Conf Can teams in a tight fight for WCard spot!
Old Jan 5, 2020, 8:34 pm

Any interest in something in LAS Jan 10-12?

Bovine and I will be there (Caesar's Palace). @expert7700 will be there for at least part of it.

Not looking for anything too formal, but I'm sure I could arrange a meal or an hour or two at a blackjack table.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 9:02 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Adam Smith when are we going to talk about it?
Old Jan 5, 2020, 9:31 pm

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
Originally Posted by marchelli
Canada Eh?
Should the https://twitter.com/thetsncamera get a gold medal? Or a Heritage Moment piece?

#sportspuckrule
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:15 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
What a great #sportspuck game I seem to have missed while in LIS. TSN was geo-blocking me and my Slingbox seems to be useless

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Adam Smith when are we going to talk about it?
Ugh (not at discussing it with you, but the crappy result). Pats Commiseration Nano-Do?

Wasn't able to watch the game, but from what I've seen, the run defence was bad, but the offence really fell through once again. It's all well and good to complain about Henry putting up 182 yards, but the Titans only had 272 yards of total offence, and TOP was barely in their favour, so it's not like they controlled the clock to a ridiculous extent.

The defence was really good this year, but not one of those all-time, lock-down defences that could win with, say, Trent Dilfer at QB. I think that the lights-out start against mediocre opponents may have misled people on that front.

You can't expect to win many games when you only score 13 points. Sad to think what would have been possible if Brown and Gordon had been around.

Any interest in something in LAS Jan 10-12?
Normally I'd be up for it, but as mentioned at the YVR Do, I've been in Portugal the past 10 days (sitting in the crappy TP LIS lounge right now - might need to go create a thread on the TP FT about Ongoing Disrepair and Uncleanliness...), was in YVR for the Do the weekend before that, am off to Europe for 10 days on the 17th... Just can't stomach 6 consecutive weekends away.
canadiancow likes this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jan 6, 2020 at 12:21 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.