Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2019, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition, 2018 edition and 2019 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2020)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2020, 1:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by tcook052
Oilers spank the Flames 8-3 winning almost every battle in the process and leapfrog over Flames in the Pacific Div. standings. The game had everything from a penalty shot to goalies fighting to McDavid scoring a pair of goals and and a 4-point night for Draisaitl.
While that was not the result I would have wanted, I still wanted to see that game. For a good chunk of years the Battle of Alberta was pretty dull and not very intense, but lately it looks like it's picking up!
Old Feb 5, 2020, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
LAD getting Betts and Price in 3-way!
Maybe this is the year. They probably could've won in 2017 if it weren't for all those trash cans.
#sportshardball
Old Feb 5, 2020, 3:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
LAD getting Betts and Price in 3-way!
Maybe this is the year. They probably could've won in 2017 if it weren't for all those trash cans.
#sportshardball
Meh, Dodgers payroll is already ginormous and they can get to the WS but can't win it, at least not lately, so is one more expensive addition enough to make a difference.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by tcook052
Meh, Dodgers payroll is already ginormous and they can get to the WS but can't win it, at least not lately, so is one more expensive addition enough to make a difference.
Don't get me wrong - I don't have any skin in the game per se... but I do believe they would've won in 2017 if it weren't for some other possible (cheating) factors...
tcook052 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 4:56 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Sitting in the Queen Victoria Building in SYD, admiring the sights, sipping mimosas while some dude a floor below me is confidently cruising his way through The Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, without sheet music of course. That done, I guess it's time for a polonaise.

Life is grand.

Except for my next flight on VA. Nothing some more bubbles can't solve.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 5:43 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Life is grand.

In Y or J? I found it perfectly adequate in J.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 7:54 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
What a game! Raps won by one!
Old Feb 5, 2020, 9:40 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by YYT82
What a game! Raps won by one!
Yay new record for win streak.
Pacers were raining 3s.

Last edited by vernonc; Feb 5, 2020 at 9:51 pm
Old Feb 6, 2020, 12:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Last night my 17 yo daughter came home with a trumpet that she borrowed. Now she's trying to teach herself to play it.

Oh happy day.

At least she already knows the fingering from her time on the baritone horn.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 12:46 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Sitting in the Queen Victoria Building in SYD, admiring the sights, sipping mimosas while some dude a floor below me is confidently cruising his way through The Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, without sheet music of course. That done, I guess it's time for a polonaise.

Life is grand.

Originally Posted by smallmj
Last night my 17 yo daughter came home with a trumpet that she borrowed. Now she's trying to teach herself to play it.

Oh happy day.

I don't know why but I see a few connections between these two posts

I would be more than happy if I can play Hungarian Rhapsody No 2, or anything from Franz Liszt.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 1:58 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
I had a long day in SYD yesterday with customers, and then out for drinks with partners in the CBD at the end of the day, then out for a late dinner with a co-worker.

As the people the next table over were finishing dinner one guy leans over and asks if I am Canadian. I assume it is because he's heard my accent (and he has a Canadian accent too) but no it is because he's noticed the SE tag on my laptop bag. Turns out he's part of the team working on the new loyalty program, based in Toronto. Of all the gin joints in the world We chatted for a while and he said that he really hoped I would be impressed with the new program, so I guess we'll see! Considering our corporate HQ is right next to AC at YUL I usually have these finds of encounters around YUL ... to be having that conversation on a Thursday night in Sydney seemed like a hilarious coincidence to me
Old Feb 6, 2020, 2:14 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by smallmj

Well, sort of and maybe.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 5:20 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
I had a long day in SYD yesterday with customers, and then out for drinks with partners in the CBD at the end of the day, then out for a late dinner with a co-worker.

As the people the next table over were finishing dinner one guy leans over and asks if I am Canadian. I assume it is because he's heard my accent (and he has a Canadian accent too) but no it is because he's noticed the SE tag on my laptop bag. Turns out he's part of the team working on the new loyalty program, based in Toronto. Of all the gin joints in the world We chatted for a while and he said that he really hoped I would be impressed with the new program, so I guess we'll see! Considering our corporate HQ is right next to AC at YUL I usually have these finds of encounters around YUL ... to be having that conversation on a Thursday night in Sydney seemed like a hilarious coincidence to me
It's a small world, eh? Now I hope you spent that time trying to extract details from him, and those details will shortly be making their way to the the new program speculation thread .... in speculative form, of course
expert7700 and canadiancow like this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 5:24 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW

As the people the next table over were finishing dinner one guy leans over and asks if I am Canadian. I assume it is because he's heard my accent (and he has a Canadian accent too) but no it is because he's noticed the SE tag on my laptop bag. Turns out he's part of the team working on the new loyalty program, based in Toronto. Of all the gin joints in the world
Not where I thought the story was going. I thought you were going to tell us it was Bohemian1
pewpew and songsc like this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 9:19 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by canopus27
It's a small world, eh? Now I hope you spent that time trying to extract details from him, and those details will shortly be making their way to the the new program speculation thread .... in speculative form, of course
Didn't really get any good details. Just that they were doing a lot of work and a lot of comparisons and that they were targeting foreigners (e.g. Australians coming to Canada...) as well as Canadians with the program. And when I told him my flying patterns he said he thought I would be exited by it. So I guess we'll see

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Not where I thought the story was going. I thought you were going to tell us it was Bohemian1
Haha, I didn't read that he was in SYD until after I posted! I was in one of the speakeasy bars - very cool place but no view
canopus27 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.