Wiki Posts
Search

What Routes do you wish AC flew?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2019, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by totti
Yes, that is what I am saying! There is a rule that prohibits flights to/from LGA longer than 1500 miles. The only exceptions are flights to/from DEN and I think flights on Saturdays (not sure about this one!). In addition to this, LGA is no point of entry so They'd have to fly out of YVR with pre-clearance meaning an earlier departure than the CX evening flight.

But yes, I agree and YVR-LGA would be sweet. And I also agree that JFK would be better than EWR but with UA only operating out of EWR it is unlikely AC will opt for JFK any time soon.
Thanks for letting me know. I had no idea. So I guess LGA doesn't have any Trans-Atlantic flights then? I guess the only international flights out of LGA would be to Canada?

Aw man, that's so disappointing!

When I was at the Oculus in New York, I did see a presentation about investments being made to improve EWR and JFK so maybe it won't be so bad for long.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
Thanks for letting me know. I had no idea. So I guess LGA doesn't have any Trans-Atlantic flights then? I guess the only international flights out of LGA would be to Canada?
No TATL flights to/from LGA. There are a couple more international flights but only to the Caribbean (Nassau, Bermuda etc.) Other than that it is only YYZ/YUL, indeed.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by totti
No TATL flights to/from LGA. There are a couple more international flights but only to the Caribbean (Nassau, Bermuda etc.) Other than that it is only YYZ/YUL, indeed.
I wonder what's the reason behind this 1,500 mile rule? A quick search on Google does indeed show that Saturday is an exception to the rule Maybe with the new LGA, the rule will be abolished?
Old Aug 17, 2019, 4:27 pm

Programs: QF, UA, EK, EY
The OP said no matter how ridiculous so how about MEL-YRB go I could go there on a holiday. It would also be good if AC could fly YRB to YGZ.

In reality, I wish AC would cover the north like Canadian used to. That way you'd have a mainline carrier cover the Arctic region, perhaps bring some $$$ savings on trips to the high Arctic.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL '90s PM, now FK (Flying Kettle)
Originally Posted by jackmeister
looks like YVR is very underserved looking at the wishlist
Yes, and I'd like AC to free up even more space there by flying nonstop YYZ-YXY at least a few times a week (seconding the OP). As beautiful as YVR airport is, I spend too much time connecting there.

Also, I'll second the person who wanted YYZ-YFB back. I'd like to be able to use/earn the occasional Star Alliance mile on that route, rather than get nothing while paying the current ransom to the incumbents on YOW-YFB. Despite the (ancient) Jazz experience there, it would seem you wouldn't need a huge demand to make that route profitable in a smaller plane. For some reason, the airlines serving western Arctic Canada (YDA e.g.) seem to charge somewhat reasonable fares but not the eastern ones.

Also, I lost my chance to get the benefits of any alliance in much of the Arctic when Canadian Airlines (OW) collapsed into the clutches of AC, and AC wouldn't fly Canadian's old routes (YCB etc).
marke190 likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 3:45 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by LeoKadic
YYZ-ZAG for sure. Rouge is going pretty good but product is mediocre. B789 would be ideal because of similar Y and O capacity, with the benefit of J to attract business travelers/high income earners. If the Transat acquisition happens, that’ll be 6-7 weekly AC managed flights in the summer. They could match that, hell, even reduce to 5-6 times weekly to manage capacity in the summer. In the winter they could start off with 3-4 times weekly and see how it goes.

Only question is filling J. There are a lot of well-off Croatians in YYZ though (as well as the reverse, being well-off Canadians in ZAG) who would be willing to pay low P/Z prices, and businesses to use flight passes or pay last-minute full J. Still would not be more than 75% full. Well, at least there’s more E-upgrade space 😄
I think you laid out a lot of the reasons why it wouldn't exist. I think the other problem is ZAG itself, there's very little connecting traffic in or out. Despite Croatian being hubbed there, you're almost always gonna route through MUC FRA LHR or MAYBE WAW to get back across the pond. I was trying to cross all the STAR airlines off (still am, I'll be done early next year) and I was surprised at how hard it was to get some of them. Like Croatian, Aegean and Adria...none of them are really feeder airlines it seems, or they don't try to be. LH takes all that over. So it would literally have to be like all O/D traffic.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 8:11 am

YHZ to EU destinations other than LHR
YUL - MAD
Old Aug 18, 2019, 9:28 am

YOW-CDG

YOW-FLL (return to year-round)

YOW-SFO

YOW-YYJ
Old Aug 18, 2019, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by briantoronto
They upped it to 3855 for the 223 and 3912 for the 222, but yea.
Interesting tht aircanda.com still has 3679 though.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: AC E50K (*G), Westjet Gold
YEG-EWR (Seems like a perfect A220 route - previously tried with UA A319. Better economics of A220 and good timing to complement YYC service would be ideal).
YYC-MUC (Seasonal 788 - FRA is sometimes a 77W, but it would be great to split that into two smaller flights at different times to allow for connections at both MUC and FRA).
YYC-DFW (I live in YEG and hate having to connect in YVR or YYZ to stay on AC metal).

I also wish AC had better YEG-YYC service. A lot of destinations ex. YEG require YYC connections (eg. EWR, FRA, LHR, ORD, LAX, etc), and AC seems to constantly be cutting frequency on the route, especially as DH3s leave the fleet. Last week, I was stuck on a 2:15 dom/dom connection in YYC, and last month, one flight cancellation led to a 4 hour layover, which is ridiculous considering the airports are a 2 hour drive apart. I'm all for more direct YEG services, but the fact is a lot of flights require connecting in YYC, and gutting frequencies makes it tough.
asovse1 likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by lsquare
Why is this your favourite way home from the EU?
Because the ZRH airport is fantastic. I dislike FRA and LOATHE CDG and LHR.

I also like the flight length from ZRH - gives me a touch more rest.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Because the ZRH airport is fantastic. I dislike FRA and LOATHE CDG and LHR.

I also like the flight length from ZRH - gives me a touch more rest.
Actually for me FRA is the one I loathe the most!! 2nd is CDG which i hate too !! .. LHR is not so bad ... MUC is GREAT .. for anything in Germany i try catching the LH (YUL-MUC) in J which I used twice this year .. I wish AC was flying that one!
Old Aug 19, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by YUL_Around_The_World
Actually for me FRA is the one I loathe the most!! 2nd is CDG which i hate too !! .. LHR is not so bad ... MUC is GREAT .. for anything in Germany i try catching the LH (YUL-MUC) in J which I used twice this year .. I wish AC was flying that one!
Interesting! Are we talking connections or final destination? MUC is great for connections and so is ZRH, IMHO. I don't like to fly out of or get into MUC because it takes so long to get to the city, same holds true for LHR and CDG. FRA is not that bad as a destination but no fun for connections. LHR is ok for connections if you are in a premium cabin or have status and do not need to change terminals, and CDG is just a pain.
monkai likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan (Silver), Air Miles, IHG Rewards (Platinum)
Without going through 10 pages... is either YYC/YVR-SIN on the wish list yet?
Old Aug 19, 2019, 6:28 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Marco Polo
Originally Posted by YYC009
Without going through 10 pages... is either YYC/YVR-SIN on the wish list yet?
There's an ongoing competition on FT for how many times this gets mentioned 1) wish for YVR-SIN and 2) deflating J pods
totti, lsquare and YYC009 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.