Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Routes do you wish AC flew?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2020, 8:08 am

Got my wish last year of YYZ-UIO! Now I'd love if it became year-round. In a perfect world AC would fly to GYE, but I know that's not going to happen.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 11:23 am

Programs: AC 100K
Originally Posted by songsc
I doubt YYZ-CPT/JNB can bare the same ticket price as YVR-SYD/MEL/BNS. Travellers on this route are probably more price sensitive. Another difference is that there is very few reasonable alternatives on YVR-SYD/BNE/MEL, going through US doesn't save much, going through Asia takes too long. But on YYZ-CPT/JNB all you need is a connection in FRA/LHR and you can get reasonably priced tickets.
Going through Europe adds an extra day of travel. I'm sure many people would pay a premium to save that time - I certainly would.

I think a better explanation is that Africa is just not on their radar, (as is the case with many NA airlines). They already have their hands full juggling schedules and ticket prices to Europe, Asia, South and Central America, US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Australasia, (3 flights to Australia and one to AKL is a lot). Starting a new route to South Africa is not as simple as just adding, say, YVR-BNE. It requires a whole new logistics ballgame and a huge amount of effort to make it happen.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by drvannostren
YVR-MNL (PR flies this daily, AC send plenty of people to partners to MNL, I always kinda wonder why they don't think they can make it work)
I think that secret lies in geography. The Philippines are several thousand islands. PR offers connections from MNL to 30 national airports. AC can't compete with that.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 4:52 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by drvannostren
I love these threads

YVR-PTY (I'd actually prefer Copa flies this, but really I'd take either one)
YVR-BOG (selfishly, I know there's really no market for this one though)
YVR-BKK (don't think there's enough demand for that)
YVR-MNL (PR flies this daily, AC send plenty of people to partners to MNL, I always kinda wonder why they don't think they can make it work)
YVR-South Florida (FLL/MIA/MCO, I'm surprised AA doesn't run MIA as a red eye all year round from here, but I'm sure they know more than I do on the subject)

YYZ-JNB would be nice

Really I only care about YVR as I live and work here I'm selfish, sue me haha
PTY would be a much better option for many of us on the west coast to access BOG/UIO/LIM etc, rather than transfer to a Rouge flight all the way over in YYZ. Currently, flying via IAH on UA is a preferred option for many.
BKK and MNL are leisure-heavy routes and not really suited (he says, wearing his highly myopic route-planning glasses) for the operation AC has fashioned for itself.
YVR-South Florida was all set to be announced...but then the chariot broke. These were imminent Max routes (MIA & MCO if memory serves).
painintheuk likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Anywhere to Mare Tranquillitatis.
ridefar likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 7:54 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
PTY would be a much better option for many of us on the west coast to access BOG/UIO/LIM etc, rather than transfer to a Rouge flight all the way over in YYZ. Currently, flying via IAH on UA is a preferred option for many.
BKK and MNL are leisure-heavy routes and not really suited (he says, wearing his highly myopic route-planning glasses) for the operation AC has fashioned for itself.
YVR-South Florida was all set to be announced...but then the chariot broke. These were imminent Max routes (MIA & MCO if memory serves).
That's my reason for PTY as well. I have an apartment in MDE and I don't mind flying double connection, it's a bit of a smaller city, but I'd love to be able to maintain west coast bias. Aeromexico has dropped prices significantly, so maybe it's not financially viable. I love AM for doing that, and while transiting MEX is a bit of a nightmare, I've done it enough times to be a pro now. It's relatively quick too. Rather than flying to YYZ like you said. I wouldn't even hate YVR-PTY as Rouge. I'd much prefer it b a CM 73MAX, but what can you do?

Currently if you wanna stay on Star Alliance the fastest west coast options are like YVR-SFO-PTY-MDE or YVR-LAX-PTY-MDE. Neither are bad options, but the problem is UA doesn't often sell them to you that way, and AC never does. So the prices aren't normalized. You pay a ridiculous premium for it.

A nice like 2200 red eye from YVR-PTY on CM would be awesome and would line up to all their connections in the am. Right now the biggest issue with Aeromexico is that they have only 1 flight a day to MDE, so it's either a 5 hour layover in MEX or 12+. Not the worst thing in the world, I usually buy my way into the lounge. But it's not ideal and MEX won't truly ever be a good hub until you can transit INTL-INTL without clearing customs like you can in PTY.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by epiphani
Oh yeah- flying out of Waterloo Regional Airport (YKF) to anywhere would be great, though ORD/ATL/YVR/SFO/SJC would be my preferences. I hate driving all the way to Pearson.
Yes please!

Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
ORD and YVR are flights from the past. As well as DTW/YOW/YUL, etc.
I think ORD and YUL would be a good combo, I could do without the others. Bearskin (is that the right name) used to fly to Ottawa from Waterloo Regional

My other dream connection would be YYZ - LGW
Old Jan 17, 2020, 10:28 am

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
Yes please!

I think ORD and YUL would be a good combo, I could do without the others. Bearskin (is that the right name) used to fly to Ottawa from Waterloo Regional

My other dream connection would be YYZ - LGW
You are not advocating for YVR-SIN or even YYZ-SIN (assuming you are still based there)?
Old Jan 17, 2020, 11:01 am

Programs: Altitude E75K , Gold Marriott
I would love to see Air Canada from from YVR to Costa Rica. SJO or LIR would be a dream come true. I could see them doing a Rouge flight to keep costs down.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by FreedomIsntFree
I would love to see Air Canada from from YVR to Costa Rica. SJO or LIR would be a dream come true. I could see them doing a Rouge flight to keep costs down.
AC is buying TS and TS flies YVR-SJO-LIR-YVR twice/wk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.