Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Routes do you wish AC flew?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: AC 35k
Originally Posted by YUL_Around_The_World
About Montreal not even worth talking about it, but Quebec city surely should get more flights than Halifax, with double the population of Halifax and half the unemployment rate, the city is booming .. unlike Halifax
We all know it doesn't work like this. YOW has almost the same population as YEG/YYC and YYC is almost as large as YUL in pax traffic. O&D is important, but geography even more so.
marke190 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
Doesn't TS have more seat pitch than Rouge (in general) which would surely be flying this route if it existed?
Yes, AT does fly YYZ-FAO or YUL-FAO seasonally. When the flights gets an AC code and connection options from the west it will be a better option.

TS having more seat pitch that Rouge does not alter the fact that TS seats are to tight. As for Rouge, well it is a lost cause.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
Originally Posted by YUL_Around_The_World
About Montreal not even worth talking about it, but Quebec city surely should get more flights than Halifax, with double the population of Halifax and half the unemployment rate, the city is booming .. unlike Halifax
The difference is that Halifax serves as a hub for Atlantic Canada with connecting pax from YQY, YQM, YFC, YSJ, YYG, YYR, YDF, YQX, YYT, not to mention the amount of people that drive to YHZ from across the Maritimes. When considering these feeders, the population served is closer to 2 million. YQB is also within relatively short driving distance to YUL for a plethora of flight options/ lower prices.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:42 am

YUL-BEY
YUL-MAD (with mainline equipment, i want a lay flat bed)
YUL-HKG (ok definitely not happening soon)
YUL-SGN
YUL-DSS
YUL-DXB
YUL-AUS (A220 would be perfect for this)
YXELLB likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by tracon
AC has done that route over Christmas in the past.
Are you sure it was non-stop YYC-YYT? I've seen them add extra flights on a widebody around Christmas (763/330), but the ones I've seen in the past were "direct" with the same flight number/aircraft, but with a stop in YYZ and/or YHZ. WS does a true non-stop, but I haven't seen AC do this route non-stop.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by marke190
The difference is that Halifax serves as a hub for Atlantic Canada with connecting pax from YQY, YQM, YFC, YSJ, YYG, YYR, YDF, YQX, YYT, not to mention the amount of people that drive to YHZ from across the Maritimes. When considering these feeders, the population served is closer to 2 million. YQB is also within relatively short driving distance to YUL for a plethora of flight options/ lower prices.
YHZ (Or backtracking to YYZ) would also be reasonable CX for organic YQB PAX.

Mirabel did not work, and AC doubling down on YMQ is a bad idea. Too close to YYZ

Mirabel failed for many reasons, both no good way to get there by ground but mostly big A/C were big enough to just fly to where TATL PAX wanted to go. MAX and CSeries has enough range to be a good high frequency CX point (like Mirabel was supposed to be) for 21st century.

Without backtracking.

Last edited by tcook052; Aug 16, 2019 at 9:29 am Reason: political commentary
Old Aug 16, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: AC*SEMM
In that sense I fully agree ^
marke190 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: AC SE
I get the feeling that if this route ever came to fruition it'd be on Rouge.

A YEG-YYC-YYT direct flight (same flight number, YEG pax stay onboard in YYC) would kill 2 birds with one stone.
I could see YYC-YYT going either way, similar to YYC-YHZ, which was originally reinstated as rouge, but then moved to mainline. There is a fair bit of premium demand on this route. If they did do it as mainline, it could be a good route for an A220 in the winter, and a 737 Max in the summers.
marke190 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by RangerNS
It would require the aircraft to park at an available international gate.
Which needs ground and inside staff... more than a gas crew.
Picking through the aircraft for bags.
Taking an hour.
Missing the chance to gas-and-go on a moments notice to get to YYZ.
Further screwing over any other connecting PAX.
And further screwing over the use of the A/C that day.
That's all so logical that I'm annoyed with myself for not being able to piece that together.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
It'd be nice to see AC operate at least one regular service to Iqaluit (YFB) with YYZ-YFB or YOW-YFB being the most likely. Given that YYZ-YFB is 1456 miles a CR9 would seemingly fit the bill.
oiboy, D582 and WesternCDN like this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:48 am

yvr-bom
yvr-yfb
yvr-yyt
yvr-bkk
yvr-sin
Old Aug 16, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
YVR-IAD vote here as well (DCA would be even better, but you'd never be allowed)
YVR-MIA or any of the Florida centres (currently often 12+ hours to get to/from Florida)
YVR-SCL or YVR-EZE
YVR-DUB with mainline service year-round
YVR-LGA with an early afternoon departure (to balance EWR in the morning)
YVR72 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by krayZpaving
YVR-MIA or any of the Florida centres (currently often 12+ hours to get to/from Florida)
YVR-MIA and other Florida destinations were set to commence this year, using the Max.
tcook052 and krayZpaving like this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: AC E75 / Marriott Titanium Elite
Most certainly YOW-YZF and YOW-YXY would be highest on my list!
Old Aug 16, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
year-round YVR - Europe (other than LHR)
YUL/YYZ - TXL mainline service
YUL/YYZ - DUS mainline service
Jasper2009 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.