Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Etihad Airways new Aeroplan partner as of May 1, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad Airways new Aeroplan partner as of May 1, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2020, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by stevento
Is all EY availability available to Aeroplan? I am seeing many AUH-JFK dates on EY that don't show up on Aeroplan searches.
No, most airlines make more rewards seats available to their own members than partners, EY included.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90
No, most airlines make more rewards seats available to their own members than partners, EY included.
AA availability usually matched EY.. Not always on first call but eventually..
I was just wondering if there is more availability by calling, even on simple routings. I saw some dates available on EY and not on Aeroplan.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 12:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stevento
AA availability usually matched EY.. Not always on first call but eventually..
I was just wondering if there is more availability by calling, even on simple routings. I saw some dates available on EY and not on Aeroplan.
In my experience, it's very uncommon for a situation where anything that sin't routing-related has different availability online than over the phone.

For example, if online never shows the SYD-AUH-JFK, then yes, calling in will have "more availability". But if you search SYD-AUH online and there's nothing, t's very unlikely that calling would produce any results (to the point that I wouldn't even bother).

Another exception would be something like CX where it's just never bookable online.

A very common experience (especially with EY F) is that you'll see phantom space online, so calling in would show less availability.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 1:03 pm

Programs: AC SE, WJ Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Ambassador
Does Ethiad tend to open seats up at the last minute for F ?
Old Jun 9, 2020, 2:31 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by NB_Falcon
Probably a question better asked in the Etihad forum.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 2:33 pm

Seemed relevant to a forum regarding Ethiad becoming a parter.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Seemed relevant to a forum regarding Ethiad becoming a parter.
Given they've been bookable for only a couple days, I don't think AP users would have enough datapoints to judge "last-minute availability" of EY F seats. EY users/AA users will have it.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
At least based on my experience booking EY J/F awards using AA miles, my experience has been that EY does release additional award availability within a few weeks of departures if loads are light, but not as consistently as some other airlines and more frequently on flights to/from Europe and Asia than North America.
NB_Falcon and Adam Smith like this.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 9:46 am

Was anyone able to book mixed cabins in J/F with a rep? Was told it wasn't possible by some helpful agents but they also said the partnership was new and they were learning the ropes.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by mogurah
Was anyone able to book mixed cabins in J/F with a rep? Was told it wasn't possible by some helpful agents but they also said the partnership was new and they were learning the ropes.
If Aeroplan can do it with any of their partners, they should be able to do it with EY. I'm going JFK-AUH-HKG with the first leg in F and the AUH-HKG leg in J. You will pay the F rate for the entire trip, however, since they do not price leg by leg.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by jaundicedave
If Aeroplan can do it with any of their partners, they should be able to do it with EY. I'm going JFK-AUH-HKG with the first leg in F and the AUH-HKG leg in J. You will pay the F rate for the entire trip, however, since they do not price leg by leg.
Sorry I should have been clearer. Were you able to do mixed cabins all on Ethiad? Your AUH-HKG segment is with EY as well?
Old Jun 10, 2020, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by mogurah
Sorry I should have been clearer. Were you able to do mixed cabins all on Ethiad? Your AUH-HKG segment is with EY as well?
Yes, my travel is fully on EY. My phrasing in the first post means that anything you can do with another Aeroplan partner (like mix classes and combine partners) you should be able to do with EY.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by jaundicedave
which date is JFK-AUH in F available?
Old Jun 10, 2020, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
which date is JFK-AUH in F available?
I could only find AUH-JFK not the other way arround
Old Jun 10, 2020, 4:06 pm

Same, went YYZ-CDG-AUH in order to try out EY F, hoping JFK-CDG opens near departure. Question for someone, if AC changes my schedule so the AC flight wont connect to CDG-AUH would it be possible for them to book me in LH F ? Or is that just wishful thinking

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.