Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Etihad Airways new Aeroplan partner as of May 1, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad Airways new Aeroplan partner as of May 1, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2020, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
However, originating Australia - SYD-AUH-LHR-YYZ should be $0

Is the only option from LHR-YYZ on AC J?
Old Jun 11, 2020, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by SkyElite
Is the only option from LHR-YYZ on AC J?
Of course not, but good luck for the online system to show you anything else, especially as part of a longer route.
Not to mention the letdown that would be after coming off two EY F flights.
TTC900Rocket likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 7:08 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Got SIN-AUH-JFK in F for two in January. Used ExpertFlyer to find the availability and it booked no problems. 215k miles + $155 fees (for 2 ~~ 107.5k miles + $75 each)
mileageking and canadiancow like this.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 10:19 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by mileageking
Agree cancel and rebook.

I booked without issues YYZ-LHR-AUH-SYD-AUH-JFK/EWR-YYZ (4 segments in apartments) @ <$360 incl. $30 booking fee.
I've booked a JFK-VIE-AUH-SYD-ICN-NRT-JFK. I did the booking online. All segments are business except F from AUH-SYD and NRT-JFK (on ANA). I would either like to change this ticket or book a completely new one with the same departure and return dates but from YYZ instead of JFK. For those who are booking itineraries such as the one i quoted above from mileageking, are you having agents piece each flight together? I tried last night thinking I might be able to do a YYZ-AUH routing (ideally in F from Europe to AUH) to hook up with my AUH-SYD flight and then book a SYD-AUH-LHR-YYZ on the return with two F flights. All was available on the website in pieces but the agent said it couldn't be done. I know it's probably a HUCA situation, but before I try again and again and again I just wanted to see which segments are easier to piece together and which are not if you do get a willing and able agent on the line. Also, are there better times to call when you are more than likely to get a ore helpful and willing supervisor to put such a request through?
Thanks.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 10:23 am

I wouldn't give up that ANA segment. The new F product is spectacular.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 10:31 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by saaveraward
I wouldn't give up that ANA segment. The new F product is spectacular.
Yes, I know. It's the new F on the flight I have. It looks very nice. However, by going through AUH on EY I would get two flights and F and can get an pretty much an extra whole day in SYD as to get to NRT a have to overnight in ICN. Plus, I live in YYZ and going through immigration in JFK and then taking a flight to YYZ isn't all that appealing.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by gspurr
I've booked a JFK-VIE-AUH-SYD-ICN-NRT-JFK. I did the booking online. All segments are business except F from AUH-SYD and NRT-JFK (on ANA). I would either like to change this ticket or book a completely new one with the same departure and return dates but from YYZ instead of JFK. For those who are booking itineraries such as the one i quoted above from mileageking, are you having agents piece each flight together? I tried last night thinking I might be able to do a YYZ-AUH routing (ideally in F from Europe to AUH) to hook up with my AUH-SYD flight and then book a SYD-AUH-LHR-YYZ on the return with two F flights. All was available on the website in pieces but the agent said it couldn't be done. I know it's probably a HUCA situation, but before I try again and again and again I just wanted to see which segments are easier to piece together and which are not if you do get a willing and able agent on the line. Also, are there better times to call when you are more than likely to get a ore helpful and willing supervisor to put such a request through?
Thanks.
You'll have to call to book an itinerary similar to mine (you can also go CDG-AUH). Unfortunately you'll need to HUCA until you get an agent who is willing to.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 5:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite 35K
Originally Posted by gspurr
Thanks.
YYZ-LHR-AUH-SYD definitely can work, as this is one of the most direct routes to Sydney, could not figure out why the agent cannot do it for you.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by terencelai
YYZ-LHR-AUH-SYD definitely can work, as this is one of the most direct routes to Sydney, could not figure out why the agent cannot do it for you.
It's one of the most direct routings.... if you ignore that westbound would be much shorter.

E.g. YVR-LHR-AUH-SYD-AKL is pretty much the most direct routing YVR-AKL going eastbound!
Old Jun 13, 2020, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90
It's one of the most direct routings.... if you ignore that westbound would be much shorter.

E.g. YVR-LHR-AUH-SYD-AKL is pretty much the most direct routing YVR-AKL going eastbound!
If you situated in YYZ, going west or east is not going to make much difference to SYD. Picking up YVR to AKL, and heading a total different direction instead go through TPAC, that's an extreme, and even don't know this would be a valid routing when you purposely pick up YVR to AKL as an example.
Anyways, 😆, lol, maybe you do not know MPM rule.

Last edited by terencelai; Jun 13, 2020 at 6:37 pm
Old Jun 13, 2020, 6:22 pm

Have you booked YVR-LHR-AUH-SYD-AKL? That's just under 17k and way above MPM and wouldn't be a valid routing.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you situated in YYZ, going west or east is not going to make much difference to SYD. Picking up YVR to AKL, and heading a total different direction instead go through TPAC, that's an extreme, and even don't know this would be a valid routing when you purposely pick up YVR to AKL as an example.
Originally Posted by mileageking
Have you booked YVR-LHR-AUH-SYD-AKL? That's just under 17k and way above MPM and wouldn't be a valid routing.
My point was:

YYZ-LHR-AUH-SYD: 14'480mi
YYZ-LAX-SYD: 9663mi

Calling a routing that's 1.5 times longer than the most direct routing "one of the most direct routings possible" seemed a bit disingenuous to me I'd argue it makes a LOT of difference, 5k miles isn't nothing and there are many more direct routings than what you said was "one of the most direct ones".
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 6:43 pm

My point was:

YYZ-LHR-AUH-SYD: 14'480mi
YYZ-LAX-SYD: 9663mi

Calling a routing that's 1.5 times longer than the most direct routing "one of the most direct routings possible" seemed a bit disingenuous to me I'd argue it makes a LOT of difference, 5k miles isn't nothing and there are many more direct routings than what you said was "one of the most direct ones".
You totally ignore the title of this thread, does Etihad EY even fly N.A. to SYD route via TPAC, bring this up is total pointless in thread, every one of us here does know what you're saying, but totally unrelevant to this thread.

Last edited by terencelai; Jun 13, 2020 at 6:48 pm
Old Jun 13, 2020, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You totally ignore the title of this thread, does Etihad EY even fly N.A. to SYD route via TPAC, bring this up is total pointless in thread, every one of us here does know what you're saying, but totally unrelated to this thread.
I responded to someone calling YYZ-LHR-AUH-SYD "one of the most direct routes" possible. That's all. Calm down. Clearly not everyone here knows what I'm saying if they made the original statement. Given that AP is TRYING to prevent this routing, and other carriers actually forbid this routing completely, it's relevant that calling it "one of the most direct routes" is factually wrong.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 6:51 pm

For sxxxx & giggles, what's the most logical/direct route from YYZ to PER? Maybe YYZ-LAX-PER which is approx. 11.5k? Well based on MPM of approx. 18k, I could technically fly YYZ-LHR-YVR-SYD-PER lol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.