Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Etihad Airways new Aeroplan partner as of May 1, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad Airways new Aeroplan partner as of May 1, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2020, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
How many days out can one book Etihad flights, and how many J and/or F tickets are released?

Does EY release seats on a regular basis once the initial few are snapped up for that day?

I am hoping for one leg in J and one leg in F for 2 passengers to Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane. A380 of course, preferred, but really, anything in F is fine. We're hoping to visit Australia and New Zealand.

Thanks in advance.
330 days out, and no guarantee of any seats being released. Could be 0-2 on any given flight.
TTC900Rocket likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 10:37 am

Finally got a helpful agent to book SYD-AUH-JFK F. Seems like the better ones are on during the daytime and the bad ones on at night. Had called 4 times previously at night and got unhelpful and one rude agent. Definitely do a commendation when you get a helpful agent book this complicated flight!
Old Jun 8, 2020, 3:37 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
i've booked dozens of mini-RTWs over the past few years, but would booking these sought-after flights be worth getting an assist from a travel rewards site?

We were thinking of doing a mini-RTW, but if it simplifies things, we're fine doing a round-trip and then use Australia or New Zealand to go onwards to SE Asia.

Due to our work schedules, my friend and I can only go in July or August 2021 (we can travel parts of one month and into the other).

Hoping for at least F for the 2 of us in the 380 inbound/outbound, and then F in the 787-9/10 or 77W is fine for the other leg.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
i've booked dozens of mini-RTWs over the past few years, but would booking these sought-after flights be worth getting an assist from a travel rewards site?

We were thinking of doing a mini-RTW, but if it simplifies things, we're fine doing a round-trip and then use Australia or New Zealand to go onwards to SE Asia.

Due to our work schedules, my friend and I can only go in July or August 2021 (we can travel parts of one month and into the other).

Hoping for at least F for the 2 of us in the 380 inbound/outbound, and then F in the 787-9/10 or 77W is fine for the other leg.
There's a bunch on this site if you're looking for someone to pay. Otherwise, given available 330 days in advance, you can always do a quick daily check once your dates of interest are available?
Old Jun 8, 2020, 4:31 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
I'll definitely start reading up as much as I can on the type of equipment and routes.

If I'm on my road trip in August, I might not check the Aeroplan site for a few days. I guess I just need to be flexible, and if I can see it, snatch it up.

Originally Posted by Smiley90
There's a bunch on this site if you're looking for someone to pay. Otherwise, given available 330 days in advance, you can always do a quick daily check once your dates of interest are available?
Old Jun 8, 2020, 4:38 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
I'd like to try these apartment things. I have many Aeropeseos to burn.Can we do a stop over with this? I would like to depart from YUL , but I can do positioning flight easilly.

Could this be valid?

YUL- MUC via yyz AC
YYZ - MUC AC J
MUC - AUH EY First
AUH - SYD EY First : stop

SYD - AUH EY First
AUH - BRU or AMS EY First or biz : stop

BRU or AMS - YUL AC J
Old Jun 8, 2020, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum

The value of using an award booking service will always depend on:

- how much expertise you have
- how much time you want to invest yourself
- how flexible you are regarding dates/routing/etc.

If your parameters are "need to depart within that two-day window and onlywant to fly this route", an award booking service is unlikely to add much value if you only have one miles currency and already have a decent amoiunt of experience.

But if you are more flexible (e.g. "would like to travel during the month of x with a strong preference for EY F regardless of route...", then using a competent award booking service may be quite useful in terms of finding the best options available and not spending too much time.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by RZR
I'd like to try these apartment things. I have many Aeropeseos to burn.Can we do a stop over with this? I would like to depart from YUL , but I can do positioning flight easilly.

Could this be valid?

YUL- MUC via yyz AC
YYZ - MUC AC J
MUC - AUH EY First
AUH - SYD EY First : stop

SYD - AUH EY First
AUH - BRU or AMS EY First or biz : stop

BRU or AMS - YUL AC J
I dont see why not. I'd prob do AUH-JFK F then LGA-YUL J
Old Jun 9, 2020, 5:28 am

Is there a way to see which route has F on Ethiad?

Anyone found a JFK-AUH in 2020

Can find AUH-SYD though

Last edited by Joroy70; Jun 9, 2020 at 5:36 am
Old Jun 9, 2020, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by Joroy70
Is there a way to see which route has F on Ethiad?

Anyone found a JFK-AUH in 2020

Can find AUH-SYD though
Search EY’s website. You need to look at RT from AUH-JFK and go from there
Old Jun 9, 2020, 6:18 am

Nevermind
Old Jun 9, 2020, 7:15 am

Is all EY availability available to Aeroplan? I am seeing many AUH-JFK dates on EY that don't show up on Aeroplan searches.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 7:48 am

I've just booked one on aeroplan!! Thanks a lot everyone!! SYD-AUH-YUL
Old Jun 9, 2020, 8:27 am
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Joroy70
I've just booked one on aeroplan!! Thanks a lot everyone!! SYD-AUH-YUL
What's your exact routing?
Old Jun 9, 2020, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by RZR
What's your exact routing?
SYD-AUH-JFK switch to LGA-YUL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.