Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition and 2018 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:07 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
What do you guys do when you feel like you are burned out from the work? (esp when you are in IBanking or Consulting where hours are inherently long)
If you find out, let me know.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:24 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I will pointedly avoid AC/AE (or indeed any airline) talk but I do want to ask this...

What the **** was I thinking routing myself through ORD in February?

I marvel at my stupidity most days. The other days I’m annoyed by it.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I love B.C. Such an interesting way to view the world ...and snow.

Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:49 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
It's always sunny in White Rock.

Well, almost always.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:14 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Streamlining your business architecture for maximum value output
Is that even a thing?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:59 pm
Suspended

Old Feb 12, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: AC - SE100K
Why is YYJ the only place with no name?
nomadic.relief likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by Lights_a_blur
Why is YYJ the only place with no name?
And YQB showed up twice.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:06 pm

Programs: AC SE MM; SPG Plat
I know of a few western Canadian ski resorts that could desperately use all that snow!
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:16 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Hmmm... relatable much to any one here lol?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:18 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by 24left

Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
1299 cancelled, so I am "stuck" in TPA. Gives me a bit more time to recover from the buffet that @jasdou and I were at last night before the Flames vs Lightning. Lobster, crab, oysters, shrimp, sushi, turkey, roast tenderloin and a liquid nitrogen ice cream station. Dessert station was incredible! @24left was drooling over the food pics....
Bohemian1, jasdou and 24left like this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:16 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
1299 cancelled, so I am "stuck" in TPA. Gives me a bit more time to recover from the buffet that @jasdou and I were at last night before the Flames vs Lightning. Lobster, crab, oysters, shrimp, sushi, turkey, roast tenderloin and a liquid nitrogen ice cream station. Dessert station was incredible! @24left was drooling over the food pics....
LOL - I barely had any breakfast this morning, I was still stuffed from that dinner. It is too bad I am in PBI tonight, otherwise we could have done an encore!
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:44 pm
Suspended

@Yhztraveller and @jasdou

Such teases you are but I'm so happy you guys had an awesome time. Based on some of the photos, not sure if the main event was the game or the food.

Thanks for sharing!

jasdou likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by jasdou
LOL - I barely had any breakfast this morning, I was still stuffed from that dinner. It is too bad I am in PBI tonight, otherwise we could have done an encore!
That gives me an idea for a TPA mini-do!! Maybe if the Leafs play the Lightning in the playoffs! @yyznomad you in????
jasdou likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.