Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition and 2018 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2019, 5:37 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Okay.

At YVR?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm in Vancouver getting a pedicure.
Will you be putting your bare feet on the bulkhead of your next flight so everyone can inspect the results?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Okay.

At YVR?
No, I'm downtown.

Originally Posted by eigenvector
Will you be putting your bare feet on the bulkhead of your next flight so everyone can inspect the results?
And on the tables in the MLL.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:36 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
I'm in Vancouver getting a pedicure.
Originally Posted by eigenvector
​​​​​​​
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:25 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS

glad I'm flying WS ex-YVR and not AC
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:48 am
Original Poster

Well, I did it.

My last day is next Thursday.

I'll be doing a bit of a Canada tour in March (I have the month off) to visit people. YTO, YOW, YYC, YVR are definitely on my list so far. No dates yet, but I'll post them here if anyone wants to grab a drink.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:56 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Well, I did it.

I'll be doing a bit of a Canada tour in March (I have the month off) to visit people. YTO, YOW, YYC, YVR are definitely on my list so far. No dates yet, but I'll post them here if anyone wants to grab a drink.
Good for you. Any chance you can save YVR for first week of April? Haven't decided 5th or 6th yet.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Good for you. Any chance you can save YVR for first week of April? Haven't decided 5th or 6th yet.
No, I start work first Monday in April.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:29 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
No, I start work first Monday in April.
Well shoot.

Either way, we will have a drink somewhere in this great country in March.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Well, I did it.

Congrats!!

I did the same thing. My last day is this Friday!!

I’m hoping to take 2 months off, but we’ll see. If Mrs Yhztraveller’s “honey do” list gets too long I may have to start work earlier!!!

I may join you for drinks at some point along the way. I still owe @yyznomad some single malt from Cape Breton.

Might be a good time for a mileage run!!
canadiancow and jasdou like this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:42 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
I may join you for drinks at some point along the way. I still owe @yyznomad some single malt from Cape Breton.
Hey, I wanted to try the Cape Breton single malt too, and it was my Do that you were supposed to bring it to
Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
single malt from Cape Breton.
Are you talking about the "Glen Breton" whiskey, that fended off the lawsuit from the Scotch Whiskey Association (maybe close to 10 years ago)??
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:18 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
@canadiancow, along the lines of being asked if you're using your dad's SE card, I'm at a Bonvoy hotel with my mom, and when I gave the server my platinum breakfast voucher, he thanked her for her loyalty
Old Feb 20, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by pewpew
@canadiancow, along the lines of being asked if you're using your dad's SE card, I'm at a Bonvoy hotel with my mom, and when I gave the server my platinum breakfast voucher, he thanked her for her loyalty
Or the waitress at a YYZ Marriott who sees a fistful of meal vouchers and thinks she isn't going to get a tip because they don't cover that, treats me accordingly, and is treated by me, still thirsty and now also annoyed, accordingly?
canopus27, pewpew and canadiancow like this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
delete

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.