Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn Your Wings (EYW) 2018 v7

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2018, 12:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I miscalculated. I didn't realize the Bovine will have two Level Ups.

I'm going to beat him by 50 wings if everything posts correctly.

He's still missing his AQS badge, and we both need our upgrades.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Silver
Up Up and Away badges now posting

I received my 24 upgrade badges today.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
The missing AQD badges ("Spread Your Wings") also just posted.

As of this minute, there's a tie in position 6, which cascades down the list making everyone else appear one position higher than they would otherwise be. It's not clear if that tie will remain, I guess if depends on how many other badges are still to post.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by canopus27

As of this minute, there's a tie in position 6, which cascades down the list making everyone else appear one position higher than they would otherwise be. It's not clear if that tie will remain, I guess if depends on how many other badges are still to post.
I still have a chance...
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by dtman85
I still have a chance...
As long as you stay below my son, then I'm cheering for you
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott - Titanium
As long as you stay below my son, then I'm cheering for you
I think your son has secured his top 30 spot.

Skipping a few lounges during the contest period will come back to bite me. I’m still waiting for my missing flights.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:33 am

The interesting wrinkle this year is the team challenges .... which could shake things up one more time when they are awarded on August 27 (or thereabouts )

It will be interesting to see if they make much difference at all. Because both badges require an international flight, my hunch is that they will not be a big influence .... but it does add one more level of uncertainty.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
The missing AQD badges ("Spread Your Wings") also just posted.

Am I the only one surprised that this tie hasn't crashed the site? And if there IS a tie for 6, shouldn't the next one be 8, technically? I guess just be glad it hasn't taken the site down or started showing 11 people on page 1. Given the canadian cow earlier post, there clearly are most thing to post if they are to move about the american bovine ...
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by dtman85
I think your son has secured his top 30 spot.

Skipping a few lounges during the contest period will come back to bite me. I’m still waiting for my missing flights.
If someone in the top-ten wants to maintain a tie, and lift everyone else up by one place .... I'd be happy with that. And I'm gonna guess that @philelite would feel the same way ....
Old Aug 14, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
If someone in the top-ten wants to maintain a tie, and lift everyone else up by one place .... I'd be happy with that. And I'm gonna guess that @philelite would feel the same way ....
Won't that mean a 10 mil split 11 ways though? Basically everyone loses ~90k miles.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by jc94
Won't that mean a 10 mil split 11 ways though? Basically everyone loses ~90k miles.
Everyone in the top 10 would "lose" 91K data (going from 1M to 909K). The person currently in position 11 would "gain" an additional 400K (from 500K to 909K), and the person in position 31 would gain 500K.

Last edited by canopus27; Aug 14, 2018 at 1:04 pm Reason: Math, schmath ....
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:33 pm

Programs: AC SE/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, ALL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by djkyyc
I received my 24 upgrade badges today.
I have 32 of my 40 upgrades now, but the important thing is I am very likely top ten for the first time AND my marriage remains reasonably intact. marilyncol is certainly not 100% happy, but I am hopeful that 1M aeroplan miles will assist with future happiness.
(don't look for marilyncol - it does not exist in eyw. I checked first)
Bohemian1 and jc94 like this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 5:46 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I thought I saw something that the Refresh and Recharge wouldn't post for a while, but I can't find those terms now.

Up, Up, and Away is very much tied to specific flight segments, so I doubt a UFP will count.

I'm curious if my lounge entry on an Aeroplan ticket will count, since it's more tied to an Aeroplan number entering the MLL. But since there's still a flight segment associated with it, I'm not sure.
I did not believe that I would get the Refresh and Recharge badge, so I did not really try to enter the MLL every chance I got. Lo and behold I received 24 R&R badges, enough to put my total 2,100 wings and 2,000 bonus AP miles!!! WooHoo!!

Currently ranked 675th!!!
canopus27 and jasdou like this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
We're still missing all our upgrade badges. I'm 100 behind the Bovine right now, but I also have one more upgrade than him.

That tie will not last long.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
That tie will not last long.
... and sure enough, the tie has been broken, so everyone below 6th drops down by one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.