Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn Your Wings (EYW) 2018 v7

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by expert7700
Only 5 people without the badge in the top 30.

I know for a fact that at least 4 of the 5 missing the badge are American citizens. (but nor as easy to know if the other 25 are all Canadian).
(At least) one of the five is a Canadian citizen - my son. His only paid (vs reward) flying for the year has been for EYW, so I know exactly how much his EYW AQD is, and it's comfortably over $3k
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Has anyone received the badge for $3000 AQD?

I guess that's another email I need to send.
Yes. Mine showed up this morning.
--
13F
Old Jul 23, 2018, 12:41 pm

AmericanBovine and I spent exactly the same amount of money during the flying window.

We had identical flights (same PNRs) for EYW, and we each took one separate trip SFO-YYZ-SFO.
Ha ... here's a thought.

My son was also the 2nd person listed on the PNR (shared with me). Would love to know if the others who are missing this badge, were also sharing a PNR with someone else. Perhaps that's the problem ... some AQD counting code forgot to iterate through multiple pax on a single PNR.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 12:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canopus27
Ha ... here's a thought.

My son was also the 2nd person listed on the PNR (shared with me). Would love to know if the others who are missing this badge, were also sharing a PNR with someone else. Perhaps that's the problem ... some AQD counting code forgot to iterate through multiple pax on a single PNR.
But the AQD posted to his Altitude account just fine... He earned E75K, and I'm pretty sure he had no AQD before EYW started. The non-resident requirement is $4500, so he's clearly past $3000.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: AC SE/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, ALL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by expert7700
Only 5 people without the badge in the top 30.
I know for a fact that at least 4 of the 5 missing the badge are American citizens. (but nor as easy to know if the other 25 are all Canadian).
Only 1 other in the top 200 missing that badge (yes, I looked)
Very odd.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:35 pm

But the AQD posted to his Altitude account just fine... He earned E75K, and I'm pretty sure he had no AQD before EYW started. The non-resident requirement is $4500, so he's clearly past $3000.
I understand.... same for my son, his AQD is listed on the altitude page correctly.

However, there are obviously special rules for EYW (booking window, etc, etc), and so my assumption is that they couldn't easily just extract the AQD from the normal altitude site, they had to validate it against the EYW rules ... and my hypothesis is that calculation is broken, and only counting the AQD for the first person on a PNR.

Look at the data. We know that my son (Gavitron) and American Bovine are both person #2 on a PNR. In looking at the others with missing AQD, and based on what I know about them, it seems quite likely that they also had multiple people on a PNR.
canadiancow and chriscol1 like this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:00 am

I can't believe how many moving parts there are around all this, and how long certain things take.

I think we have one more item to email about, but as of right now, between the two of us, there are 9 outstanding issues !!!

"cow's MLL badges" is one item. So we share 4 issues, plus there's Bovine's AQD badge. Even when you think something's solved, it often turns out to only be half-solved.

Given that AmericanBovine is currently in 11, this could actually be quite the problem, since my count has me somewhere around 7. And I'm not including MLL/upgrade badges in that, since no one seems to have received what they're due.

Edit: It may be a coincidence, but in under 10 minutes from this post, both of us had a bunch of our EYW emails replied to. MLL badges should be awarded "within the week" (odd thing to say on a Friday, but whatever), and they've asked Mr. Bovine for proof of upgrades and AQD. I'm expecting a similar em
traacs likes this.

Last edited by canadiancow; Jul 27, 2018 at 10:11 am
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Sniff. I remember when I was ahead of the cows. Now I am in the basement.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Cozmo456
Sniff. I remember when I was ahead of the cows. Now I am in the basement.
Sounds like you need an ESA, Like Ace. Am too lazy to search for the photo though.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by jc94

Sounds like you need an ESA, Like Ace. Am too lazy to search for the photo though.
Dealing with AC-induced stress
Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Received the following a hour ago from EYW team

We're having some delays with those and Lounge badges.
If you were able to send along a screencap of your eligible upgrades, that would be very helpful for us to track them down and make sure they're all awarded properly.

Last edited by traacs; Jul 27, 2018 at 12:18 pm
Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by traacs
Recieved the foloowing a hour ago from EYW team

If you were able to send along a screencap of your eligible upgrades, that would be very helpful for us to track them down and make sure they're all awarded properly.
Bovine was asked for that too, but I was not. And we sent our emails within 5 minutes of each other, weeks ago.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 12:11 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Bovine was asked for that too, but I was not. And we sent our emails within 5 minutes of each other, weeks ago.
I takes a long time for emails to go from SFO to YUL apparently...
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: AC SE MM; SPG Plat
Originally Posted by traacs
Received the following a hour ago from EYW team

What nonsense. I'm not fighting for position so all that upgrades and MLL badges will do for me is maybe generate 2,000 aeroplan points. So the thought that they would want participants to provide documentation is ridiculous. It is ridiculous even for those for whom the extra badges might make a real difference. Bush league.
jc94 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:12 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Given what all of you guys (in the gender neutral sense) are going through, I propose that AC add a new badge to EYWnext.

I would suggest they call it the "Last Mile Badge" with a description like "Let your persistence be rewarded! Receive 5,000 Wings when you have to contact the EYM team for missing badges more than five times during the contest period. This badge can be collected multiple times. It will be awarded whenever we damned well please."

I'm not an artist, but a good graphic might be a riff on the 'Game On' badge but with visible Band Aids on the wings.
gcashin, YYC3722, jc94 and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.