Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn Your Wings (EYW) 2018 v7

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by canopus27
It's now 9 days since the last web site update, and 13 days since the AC tweet promising that the "Spread Your Wings Badge" would be added "today".

There are a collection of badges still to add (lounge badges, upgrades, and others listed above) .... and meanwhile, there is incredibly tight competition at the key points - between positions 10 & 11, and between positions 30 & 31.

Some updates to the site are long overdue, IMHO.
Some people have received Up, Up, and Away Badges. Haven't seen lounge badges yet.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jasdou
Some people have received Up, Up, and Away Badges. Haven't seen lounge badges yet.
Interesting. Curious that those didn't appear en-mass. Now I'm not sure if I should report missing upgrade badges, or just keep waiting ....
Old Jul 19, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
It's now 9 days since the last web site update, and 13 days since the AC tweet promising that the "Spread Your Wings Badge" would be added "today".

There are a collection of badges still to add (lounge badges, upgrades, and others listed above) .... and meanwhile, there is incredibly tight competition at the key points - between positions 10 & 11, and between positions 30 & 31.

And they are not replying to or even acknowledging emails for the past week! Just sent them a tweet today asking for a response.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 12:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

The person in 11 will not be overtaking the person in 10. But we're both missing a lot of wings. I could see us in 8/9 or potentially even 7/8.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: AC SE/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, ALL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Interesting. Curious that those didn't appear en-mass. Now I'm not sure if I should report missing upgrade badges, or just keep waiting ....
I would report and get that process going - I have not heard a single person getting the upgrade badges without follow-up, but I could be wrong - anyone?
Here is what they said to me on July 5 in response to my July 3 "what do you need" inquiry (that is right! A 2 day response!)

"If you have a complete list of upgraded flights along with the proof of upgrade (some folks have been sending through screenshots of their upgrades, which works just fine), please do send it along ..."

I went to my upgrade account and just screenshot everything for them.

Last edited by chriscol1; Jul 20, 2018 at 10:05 am Reason: Correction
Old Jul 20, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: AC SE/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, ALL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
The person in 11 will not be overtaking the person in 10. But we're both missing a lot of wings. I could see us in 8/9 or potentially even 7/8.
Can we have a bet on whether anybody gets between you? I think I have a shot.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by SearsTower
And they are not replying to or even acknowledging emails for the past week! Just sent them a tweet today asking for a response.
Yep, crickets.

That said, I did see EYW-related activity this week and we still have this afternoon for them to do their weekly update - Specifically, I did get the infamous July 6 Moving On Up 2500 AQMs in my altitude/aeroplan account yesterday July 19 (although it still does not show in the EYW detail yet as of right now.)
Old Jul 20, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Assuming AC IT doesn't do something stupid like giving #11 wings they earned and ignoring #10 . I mean, that'd be like person #4 clearing the waitlist before #3 !

(Yes I do know whom is in both positions)
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 12:14 pm

How do you prove which lounges you visited? I have a full list, of course, because I knew what to expect, but I have no "proof".

Edit: Between AmericanBovine and myself, we now have 6 outstanding emails to AC over EYW. Some were sent earlier this week, but most were sent today.

Last edited by canadiancow; Jul 20, 2018 at 1:23 pm
Old Jul 20, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
How do you prove which lounges you visited? I have a full list, of course, because I knew what to expect, but I have no "proof".

Edit: Between AmericanBovine and myself, we now have 6 outstanding emails to AC over EYW. Some were sent earlier this week, but most were sent today.
Well there’s ample evidence of you visiting the YHZ one around the time of the fridge there attempting to kill or injure an employee.

For the rest you have the BPs showing expected arrival and departure, and even if you can’t track back what time everything arrived (from memory the app only goes back a week and of course it’s not working for me to check) presumably reconciling the length of time between flights with your list is hopefully enough proof.

Ideally you’d want a photo of you, pickle in hand, with the days paper, and a visible time on watch inside each lounge for each visit as proof. But I’m assuming this didn’t happen.

Surely AC have a database of lounge visits. I mean, we have a thread dedicated to the topic of lounge visits (before cancelling flights). Presumably the delay is finding some employee to manually query that database and insert badges into the EYW one.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by chriscol1
That said, I did see EYW-related activity this week and we still have this afternoon for them to do their weekly update - Specifically, I did get the infamous July 6 Moving On Up 2500 AQMs in my altitude/aeroplan account yesterday July 19 (although it still does not show in the EYW detail yet as of right now.)
I see the Moving On Up Badge has now been added to the EYW details for all who (so far) made it to 60K wings. And.... that was it. So, technically, they met their weekly update promise.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 5:53 pm

Has anyone received the badge for $3000 AQD?

I guess that's another email I need to send.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:36 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Has anyone received the badge for $3000 AQD?

I guess that's another email I need to send.
I sent one using the help on the site today about this badge. It says to be deposited July 6. They should not make promises.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:43 pm

Yeah I'm now up to 8 outstanding emails between the two of us. I deliberately did not ask for multiple types of badges in any email, hopefully making it easier and more straightforward. It's a shame I need a checklist to ensure I don't forget what they owe me.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:51 pm

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
As of today, I haven't received any missing points for the emails I sent in during May and June, although I did receive confirmation from the EYW team that the points would be posted if I sent in the relevant documentation (which I did).

Also as of today, I haven't received any replies to the last 2 contact emails I sent (in early July) to claim other missing points (i.e. different from May and June's claims).

I currently have no idea which of my missing point claims (if any) they are/are not in the midst of processing.

But at least I have a spreadsheet to track my multiple claims, lol.
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.