Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn Your Wings (EYW) 2018 v7

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2018, 10:16 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hilton Diamond AC*75K
I also had 2 of my 6 segments from the 27th not post.
The first segment of the day and one in the middle.
Seems kind of random.
In the next update, ff flights post that occurred since the 27th post but not those, then there would be a little concern I guess.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hilton Diamond AC*75K
I noticed that Expert7700 and Zone1boarding have the exact same total and flight/mileage count.
I know they were flying with cow. Curious if their flights will completely mirror each other for the duration?
If so, they are going to cause either the top 10 or 11-30 to receive less bonus miles.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 11:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by shawneve
I noticed that Expert7700 and Zone1boarding have the exact same total and flight/mileage count.
I know they were flying with cow. Curious if their flights will completely mirror each other for the duration?
If so, they are going to cause either the top 10 or 11-30 to receive less bonus miles.
I'm pretty sure one of them is done flying and the other is not.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 6:51 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm pretty sure one of them is done flying and the other is not.
Odd, shows a 150 wing difference now.

edit: found out why. the 9yr old is (temporarily) missing the Mobile plus badge

Last edited by expert7700; Jun 5, 2018 at 7:08 pm
Old Jun 6, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Hey Cow, I see you have climbed up to #12 . Congrats. Are you aiming for top 10 again, or is your goal top 30? - like last time when you got top 10 anyway.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by smallmj
Hey Cow, I see you have climbed up to #12 . Congrats. Are you aiming for top 10 again, or is your goal top 30? - like last time when you got top 10 anyway.
I have a few more days of flying this weekend

Also:

Check out @ACEarnWings’s Tweet:
Old Jun 6, 2018, 6:34 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Is the issue data collection? Like really?

And how long after the end will that be. It seems each EYW needs a badge that AC is incapable of assigning in an efficinent consistent fashion.

What will they have next time? Refrained from drinking? Had to be woken for landing? Deflated seat? The possibilities are endless.
canadiancow and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 6:49 am

If the issues are "now sorted", why can't they post the badges now?

Maybe they "sorted" it by deciding to do a manual pull based on name and flight numbers when you report inconsistencies, so they only want to do that once per person

Good thing I have a spreadsheet of all my visits.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I just noticed that everyone in the top 10 has 0 AQM in their profile. Another AC IT fail?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by smallmj
I just noticed that everyone in the top 10 has 0 AQM in their profile. Another AC IT fail?
Or this could be the AQMs you've accumulated as part of EYW badges, which would be 2500 if you hit 60,000 wings, and aren't awarded until July 7.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: AC SE100K (*G), WJ G, DL, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
For those still waiting for YEG-YWG Wing Tips, etc, I've emailed EYW 3 times and been told it would be fixed "shortly." I wrote again yesterday, after a month lapse, and they responded today with this new approach:

Missed flights which are due crediting are processed in two large batches, one mid-way through the game and the other batch at the end. Apologies for the wait, but your missing flight information should be appearing by the end of the game. Do let us know if you have any further questions, and thanks again for your patience.

Best regards,

the Earn Your Wings team / mh
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:52 pm

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
Originally Posted by padraigincanada
For those still waiting for YEG-YWG Wing Tips, etc, I've emailed EYW 3 times and been told it would be fixed "shortly." I wrote again yesterday, after a month lapse, and they responded today with this new approach:

Missed flights which are due crediting are processed in two large batches, one mid-way through the game and the other batch at the end. Apologies for the wait, but your missing flight information should be appearing by the end of the game. Do let us know if you have any further questions, and thanks again for your patience.

Best regards,

the Earn Your Wings team / mh
Hmm, thanks for the update Padraig. I'm waiting for the same credits, and at last email they were still saying "it will be fixed shortly". I had just emailed them again yesterday, so I suppose I should look forward to receiving the above response soon.

I assume the "mid-way batch" of corrections has already posted, and we didn't get our missing points then. I wonder if we'll be notified as to what date the "other batch at the end" corrections will be posted, so we can tell for sure whether we were included/missed? And if we are missed, what then? Too bad, so sad, no correction points because the last batch is done?

I know in the grand scheme of things it may not be a LOT of points, but sheesh.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: AC SE/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, ALL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I reached a SE threshold today and would like to offer at least partial thanks to Earn Your Wings.
Today, I took my 95th flight of the year (a non-EYW flight on Brussels Airlines BRU-LHR)
And to think that I was not even sure at the beginning of the year how or whether I would get to SE status. Sigh.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:06 pm

SFO concierge (to be fair, she's new) just told me that my YQQ connection is illegal, because it has to be at least X minutes.

I don't remember what she said X was, but it was greater than 60. D-D connections in YYZ don't even have to be an hour
Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
SFO concierge (to be fair, she's new) just told me that my YQQ connection is illegal, because it has to be at least X minutes.

I don't remember what she said X was, but it was greater than 60. D-D connections in YYZ don't even have to be an hour
Ah but have you been accused of sabotage this EYW yet? So two days after being in YYZ you’re back in a Canada for EYW? Shame work didn’t book that flight during the window

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.