Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn Your Wings (EYW) 2018 v7

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: AC SE/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, ALL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
To be fair, 4 upgrades may not affect anything.
My 10 will let least get me 2000 miles though.
Agreed and confirmed - the 4 upgrades will not affect anything.
However, the issue may affect others (you?), so FYI here is a response I got from the team today which indicates that multi-segment upgrades on one-way trips do not qualify for each segment because credits were only used once (even though the upgrades were made successfully in the sense that I was upgraded for each segment). That is news to me, but my read of the rules does not provide much clarity on this. Anybody seen this?

My question was - why were the 4 remaining upgrades ineligible?

"Hi Blair,
No worries, apologies for the confusion - emails can be a tough way of communicating sometimes. Let me try again!
With the four upgrade, within the screenshots, you'll notice there were no credits associated with the upgrades, therefore, the upgrades were not made successfully.
I hope that is more clear.
Best regards,
the Earn Your Wings team / ym"
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
That doesn't make any sense, and I dispute their "logic"
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:05 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
That doesn't make any sense, and I dispute their "logic"
From the T's & C's:

Up, Up, and Away Badge

Treat yourself and earn an extra reward! When you use eUpgrade Credits, bid upgrades, or paid upgrades for eligible flights during the course of the game, you’ll not only enjoy all the extras that come with them, but you will also receive the Up, Up, and Away Badge worth 200 Wings. This badge can be collected at any time during the booking and travel periods of the game, and can be earned multiple times.
Interpreting here, but I suppose their focus is on when you use eUpgrade Credits .... ie, you'll get credit for each eUpgrade transaction, and not the number of upgraded segments.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: AC SE/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, ALL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by canopus27
Interpreting here, but I suppose their focus is on when you use eUpgrade Credits .... ie, you'll get credit for each eUpgrade transaction, and not the number of upgraded segments.
I think that is what they are saying, but it is a bit surprising to me, since the game is so segment-based.
canopus27 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:28 pm

And, in their latest email to me a moment ago, they were very clear that this screenshot subset, as a specific example, represents one successful upgrade and one unsuccessful upgrade. I respectfully disagree, but the T&C wording is not supportive and I am not going to do any more about it, except I told them they might want to see a multi-segment upgrade actually being done in order to understand that it actually is two upgrades, not one.
Also, in the end, I think they just meant to use word ineligible, instead of unsuccessful.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by chriscol1

And, in their latest email to me a moment ago, they were very clear that this screenshot subset, as a specific example, represents one successful upgrade and one unsuccessful upgrade. I respectfully disagree, but the T&C wording is not supportive and I am not going to do any more about it, except I told them they might want to see a multi-segment upgrade actually being done in order to understand that it actually is two upgrades, not one.
Also, in the end, I think they just meant to use word ineligible, instead of unsuccessful.
I'm desperately curious to learn which of the two green boxes, both containing the words "upgraded to business class", they think represents either an ineligible or unsuccessful upgrade.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:54 pm

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
I'm desperately curious to learn which of the two green boxes, both containing the words "upgraded to business class", they think represents either an ineligible or unsuccessful upgrade.
I'll bet it's the second one that is considered ineligible (YHZ-YOW), because the graphic doesn't show any credits "against" it. I don't think they actually know what the upgrade screens look like when the online upgrade process is followed.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by kenlor
I'll bet it's the second one that is considered ineligible (YHZ-YOW), because the graphic doesn't show any credits "against" it. I don't think they actually know what the upgrade screens look like when the online upgrade process is followed.
I agree but ... I wouldn't use either the word "ineligible" nor "unsuccessful" to describe any part of the transaction in question.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:07 pm

I agree but ... I wouldn't use either the word "ineligible" nor "unsuccessful" to describe any part of the transaction in question.
Agreed.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:24 pm

And .... the tie is back

dtman85 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:31 pm

And .... the tie is back
If it holds, there will be at least 8 not-too-happy people and 1 very happy one...
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:33 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by kenlor
If it holds, there will be at least 8 not-too-happy people and 1 very happy one...
make that two
canopus27 and kenlor like this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by dtman85

make that two
Oops, I missed that - I stand corrected!
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by dtman85

make that two
Are you still waiting for additional flights to credit?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott - Titanium
Are you still waiting for additional flights to credit?
Yes, I got confirmation today that they will credit my missing flights.
canopus27 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.