Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Post your Super Elite S100K 2019/20 Benefit Year Qualification/Requalification Here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post your Super Elite S100K 2019/20 Benefit Year Qualification/Requalification Here!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2018, 7:40 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
leaving it to the last minute

AQM 117289
AQD about $20370--AC and I have a dispute about $16 but I am not pressing it

A pretty typical year for AQD but more AQM than usual so I guess I must have been getting good value for my flying dollar!^ (I always fly up front where there is a front cabin even on overseas flights)
Old Dec 30, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Final tally for the year:

AQM - 111474
AQS - 60
AQD - $30018.83 (although I seemingly received double credit for $1523.69 for a YYZ-LHR flight that I had to call to get credited)
Old Jan 1, 2019, 1:44 am
Original Member

What a relief!

Less than an hour into the year and I've already reached my aqd aqm and aqs targets for the year.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:25 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by KenHamer
What a relief!

Less than an hour into the year and I've already reached my aqd aqm and aqs targets for the year.
Just trying to remember if I've seen this exact joke somewhere on this forum before...

Maybe time for some new material, Ken.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Just trying to remember if I've seen this exact joke somewhere on this forum before...

Someone confused PDX and PWM once.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:14 pm
Original Member

You might have. But it's probably buried somewhere in a now unreadable 2000+ post thread.

Perhaps.

Yet every year about this time we have most of the regulars along with the new batch fretting about whether they'll achieve or maintain their desired status level, whether the year end roll over will go correctly, what new enhancements are on the horizon, and wondering if or what status they will achieve in the coming year.

I'm just here to assure them there is life after frequent flyer-hood.

And it is glorious.
BlondeBomber and k22 like this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:20 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by RangerNS
Someone confused PDX and PWM once.
That might have been the case but the "confusion" persisted even after I repeatedly tried to explain Maine not Oregon.

So I can only presume they were profoundly ignorant of geography or too pig "I work at the airport" headed to acknowledge an otherwise insignificant misunderstanding.

Or both.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: AC SE
Just wanted to check with the community and take an informal and random poll. Is it common to go up 2 status' (statii?) in a year? 3?
When I started traveling for work, I started in August - and I hit 35k that first year. The following year I hit SE, and I've been SE all but one year (last year) since. I don't think its too uncommon. Most high-status travellers are doing it for work - so when the work changes, the status does too.

Sweep seems to be taking a long time this year. I rounded SE on Dec 7, and my status on the altitude website still shows as 50k.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by epiphani
When I started traveling for work, I started in August - and I hit 35k that first year. The following year I hit SE, and I've been SE all but one year (last year) since. I don't think its too uncommon. Most high-status travellers are doing it for work - so when the work changes, the status does too.

Sweep seems to be taking a long time this year. I rounded SE on Dec 7, and my status on the altitude website still shows as 50k.
Same here for me. Requalified for SE mid December. But unable to select privileges.

I've done the complete 25k-100k run twice. I have the complete sets of altitude cards somewhere. First time on my initial 100k qualification. Second time after baby.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by Diabeetus
Same here for me. Requalified for SE mid December. But unable to select privileges..
Same here (qualified last AQD for SE Dec 21 but not seeing status) - and Air Canada Facebook team is saying be patient until March!

Surely there is a sweep in the beginning of January?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Miles for Dec. 31 posted. Just a bit over 100 miles above the 100 k requirement. AQDs have not yet posted but I had enough already. All is well for next year.
Plumber likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ddanjou
Same here (qualified last AQD for SE Dec 21 but not seeing status) - and Air Canada Facebook team is saying be patient until March!

Surely there is a sweep in the beginning of January?
In the past, we've received our "Select Your Privileges" email and received packages in advance of March, for those who have hit SE in late December. They always say "March" just to be safe.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
In the past, we've received our "Select Your Privileges" email and received packages in advance of March, for those who have hit SE in late December. They always say "March" just to be safe.
And... mine just came through...!

Maybe pure coincidence... or maybe because I poked them about it...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.