Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Post your Super Elite S100K 2019/20 Benefit Year Qualification/Requalification Here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post your Super Elite S100K 2019/20 Benefit Year Qualification/Requalification Here!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2018, 2:22 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
It's hard to know what's going to happen for me. I am presently at 90k AQM, but only $13K AQD. I've got about 40k AQM on the books.

I have about $7500 in 014 ticket stock on the books (for travel to the end of November), but a few segments in there are short haul EW and LH. I have no idea what the science is behind the LH AQD credits, but I'm now aware that EW doesn't give me any AQD as they aren't actually in the alliance.

I fully expect to have to go on a last minute AQD run, unless someone has a better idea? My concern is the delay in the posting of the AQD for the late November flights - it might be Christmas time before I know how much I have to spend and by then I'm a little bit screwed for time.
If it's ticketed on 014 stock, LH earns full AQD.

As for estimating how much you'll get, no need to wait - just use the calculator: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...miles-aqd.html
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
I have no idea what the science is behind the LH AQD credits, but I'm now aware that EW doesn't give me any AQD as they aren't actually in the alliance.
014 ticket or AC metal. Off-alliance is sufficiently obscure it's news to me,. But if if you say so...
Old Oct 6, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Passed 100k miles earlier this morning on YYZ-YUL after doing DEL-YYZ overnight. Passed the AQD requirements a few weeks ago, This is the earliest ever requal for me as I am usually a mid-to-late-Dec type of flyer. Should finish the year at 140-150 AQM.
--
13F
Old Oct 6, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Passed 100k miles earlier this morning on YYZ-YUL after doing DEL-YYZ overnight. Passed the AQD requirements a few weeks ago, This is the earliest ever requal for me as I am usually a mid-to-late-Dec type of flyer. Should finish the year at 140-150 AQM.
--
13F
Congratulations. How many years running?

I'm jealous of every SE on this forum and on every AC aircraft I'm on. I look forward to crossing that line. I catch other "red tags" staring at SEs with green eyes also, so I know it isn't just me.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite

I'm jealous of every SE on this forum and on every AC aircraft I'm on. I look forward to crossing that line. I catch other "red tags" staring at SEs with green eyes also, so I know it isn't just me.
And I envy FOTSGs.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
And I envy FOTSGs.
I can imagine.

You're an SE for life by virtue of your 3MM status but it sounds like you do enough to continue to qualify anyway.

I'm with you, I'd rather not have to travel for any reason other than leisure. I'm just saying...if you have to do it for work, which I do, it would be so great to be SE and have that extra comfort.

My time will come. That said, if I ever hit 3MM I will hurl myself off a bridge. No offense...just...no. NO.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I can imagine.

You're an SE for life by virtue of your 3MM status but it sounds like you do enough to continue to qualify anyway.

I'm with you, I'd rather not have to travel for any reason other than leisure. I'm just saying...if you have to do it for work, which I do, it would be so great to be SE and have that extra comfort.

My time will come. That said, if I ever hit 3MM I will hurl myself off a bridge. No offense...just...no. NO.
dont forget about the #MMuffintop
Old Oct 7, 2018, 11:30 am

Location: either in Salishaan, or at an isolated colliery in the Canadian northland
Programs: AC P75: previously, quintuple secret pterodactyl wings, every year
Under the old rules, would have passed 95 segments sometime mid-July. Instead, it was 114 segs this morning, and AQD finally posted over 20K, with numerous segments as yet having no corresponding AQD amount.

In the end? In, at last.
The Lev likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: AC 100K, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Marriott/SPG (Bonvoy?) Gold Elite/HHonors Gold
Just finished the last few legs that will have me cross 100K for the first time.

Once everything posts, before the early recognition cutoff, I understand I can select the applicable privileges, including an e-upgrade nominee.

looking at an upcoming short haul family trip, would both my nominee and I be able to e-upgrade a non nominee person? Ie. can I nominal my spouse and then we use credits for our kids?

It isn’t a big deal, but just wanted to use some upgrade credits instead of losing them.

Thanks.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by doubleflier
Just finished the last few legs that will have me cross 100K for the first time.

Once everything posts, before the early recognition cutoff, I understand I can select the applicable privileges, including an e-upgrade nominee.

looking at an upcoming short haul family trip, would both my nominee and I be able to e-upgrade a non nominee person? Ie. can I nominal my spouse and then we use credits for our kids?

It isn’t a big deal, but just wanted to use some upgrade credits instead of losing them.

Thanks.
Are you talking about nominating your spouse as your eupgrade nominee, or e50K nominee? If your spouse is your eupgrade nominee and s/he doesn't have any eupgrade credits in an account, then s/he can't nominate or upgrade anyone else.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
Are you talking about nominating your spouse as your eupgrade nominee, or e50K nominee? If your spouse is your eupgrade nominee and s/he doesn't have any eupgrade credits in an account, then s/he can't nominate or upgrade anyone else.
Previous poster is a bit confusing. But the detail that also merits mention is that if on the same booking then one can upgrade other members of the party. No need to be a nominee.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 5:03 pm

Programs: AC 100K, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Marriott/SPG (Bonvoy?) Gold Elite/HHonors Gold
Sorry for the ambiguity in my post/question...

I thought that I needed to nominate my spouse for upgrading, and then we could each upgrade a child (who weren't nominated). It must be the jetlag, turkey, or both

I honestly didn't realize I could upgrade everyone on one PNR - will take a look again - when i first looked today, it said it wasn't possible, but it could be that i am outside the window.

Thanks for the replies.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by doubleflier
Sorry for the ambiguity in my post/question...

I thought that I needed to nominate my spouse for upgrading, and then we could each upgrade a child (who weren't nominated). It must be the jetlag, turkey, or both

I honestly didn't realize I could upgrade everyone on one PNR - will take a look again - when i first looked today, it said it wasn't possible, but it could be that i am outside the window.

Thanks for the replies.
The window for anyone, but your designate, is day of, and it has to be done at the airport. The Concierge can do that for you.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry

This will make two years in a row and three of the past four years. I also had SE one other time about 10 years ago, and top level on CP once when I lived in SE Asia 25 years ago. The drop to 75k two years ago was (relatively) painful. My company pays for PY on longhauls, and I missed some upgrades when I was only 75k.
--
13F
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: AC SE 100K, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Miles have finally posted from last Tuesday putting me over 100K for the year. I would have requal'd back in August but insane AC pricing forced me to book a CX transpacific J flight. Cleared the $20k spend in early September. Still plenty of travel left for this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.