Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Post your Super Elite S100K 2019/20 Benefit Year Qualification/Requalification Here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post your Super Elite S100K 2019/20 Benefit Year Qualification/Requalification Here!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
Originally Posted by CanRulez
...stands for "other people's money." Typically, your workplace in this context.
ok great thanks! I figured it was something like that but I could not figure out the abbreviation
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K
After a couple of years wandering out in the wilderness of being a 50K and then a 75K I made it back. Wonder when the sweep will catch me.

Change of work requirements meant my previous "screw you Air Canada" flying patterns turned into a "I guess I'll hit SE at least" type of thing. I didn't actually fly more this year, it was just that I previously gave my miles to others. We shall see if AC rewards my loyalty in 2019.

Now maybe I will be able to use my e-ups.

Oh, and yes, I did it for a total of $0 spent, AC IT being what it is.
Bohemian1, 24left and JordanYVR like this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by YYCYYZ
.....Oh, and yes, I did it for a total of $0 spent, AC IT being what it is.
Congrats and excellent CPM there.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:44 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by YYCYYZ
After a couple of years wandering out in the wilderness of being a 50K and then a 75K I made it back. Wonder when the sweep will catch me.

I'm envious of your number of segments. That's all.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:47 pm

Just wanted to check with the community and take an informal and random poll. Is it common to go up 2 status' (statii?) in a year? 3?

My first AQM was in the third week of May and I had made it to SE in November having never had status before. I was chatting with a long time SE co-worker yesterday and he said he'd never heard of anyone going from 0-100, so to speak.

It doesn't seem that strange to me and it honestly didn't feel like THAT much travel (though my wife would beg to differ).

Anyway, help me prove him wrong. How many of you have made radical status changes in short time periods?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Just wanted to check with the community and take an informal and random poll. Is it common to go up 2 status' (statii?) in a year? 3?....
No idea, but in my first year becoming SE, I went from 35 to 50 to75 to 100 in 6 weeks and AC could not keep up so 2 of my 4 Altitude packages never showed up. I felt like @Sean Peever.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
No idea, but in my first year becoming SE, I went from 35 to 50 to75 to 100 in 6 weeks and AC could not keep up so 2 of my 4 Altitude packages never showed up. I felt like @Sean Peever.
See, that doesn't surprise me.

Clearly there was some change in your life, whether work related or just a personal decision to get on with traveling like you always wanted or whatever.

It could easily be argued that yours is a very extreme case but still, it's a data point and some proof that it happens.

Interesting about the packages not showing up. I believe there was only about 4 weeks between my 35, 50, and 75 showing up. Point being, they definitely sent all of mine.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K
It's YYC-Europe, YYC-YYZ and a few YYC-Asias.

I basically don't fly to the US and essentially never anywhere closer than YYZ. Mainly Y and PE, only had 4 J paid segments this year.

I am at about $23K of AQD I think. Honestly wasn't trying or expecting to hit SE this year so didn't really look at AQM and then I did when I was at about 90K and I was already over $20K.

And to your other question - I went 0 to 100 in one year. Different job. Started travelling for work and that was it. I also didn't get my 35K package that year.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Just wanted to check with the community and take an informal and random poll. Is it common to go up 2 status' (statii?) in a year? 3?

My first AQM was in the third week of May and I had made it to SE in November having never had status before. I was chatting with a long time SE co-worker yesterday and he said he'd never heard of anyone going from 0-100, so to speak.

It doesn't seem that strange to me and it honestly didn't feel like THAT much travel (though my wife would beg to differ).

Anyway, help me prove him wrong. How many of you have made radical status changes in short time periods?
Originally Posted by 24left
As for 24left, when I became SE the first time, I went from nothing to SE in about 2 months. I have to say that there was no AQD back then.
I don't remember if I received all the packages though!
So yes, it does happen to make radical status change in short time periods.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
YOUR PROGRESS :29 172 AQM 10 AQS 3 561AQD * As of December 10, 2018

Ah, the joys of free agency and redeeming miles.
I don't think I have ever been so low with AC , dating back to 1985 or so.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium

AC couldn't keep up with my E50K and E75K packages. In other words, by the time my packages arrived, I had already reached the next status level.

Edit: By end Q1-2019, I anticipate being at 143,000 AQM so it isn't unusual to burn through the levels in a short amount of time.

Last edited by YVRtoYYZ; Dec 22, 2018 at 8:23 am
Old Dec 22, 2018, 8:16 am

Lots of evidence here that it is not a rare occurrence to progress quickly through status.

Will tell my co-worker he is an idiot.

Will also say, "Oh, btw I asked around and you're wrong about the Altitude status thing."
canadiancow and DNAwizard like this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott LT PE, NEXUS/GE
I ended the year with 150,093 AQM, 122 AQS, and $36,277.65 AQD. My last flight for the year was on Dec. 7th.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 6:15 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
This job, my hire date was Sept 14, 2015. With lots of "helpful" bookings by someone else because new-hire, CY '15 I got nothing. CY '16, I got to 94 AQS on OPM by Dec, and did YHZ-YYZ-YHZ on Dec 31 on my own dime. ... so 5 in a year?

I've half joked that hitting MM (or Marriott Platinum lifetime) will dramatically change the odds that on any given day I'll rage quit. My "North American" travel has already expanded to MEX, but unless I start flying over oceans, it'll be ~7 years for a higher status for me.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Just passed 100k by a few hundred miles and 27 segments. I think it's around $32k - $34k AQD, but not showing right now. This is my first time as SE100K, starting from E35K last year. Really hope the AQD issue gets fixed and another sweep occurs before new year's, because I'll be on AC33 next week and it would be nice to at least try and e-upgrade as an SE100K.
canadiancow and Bohemian1 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.