Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
As per AC Signature Suite page - July 2, 2021

* Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/signature-suite.html

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2020, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
When people try to board when they're not supposed to, GAs are thinking about whether they want to risk an argument with an obnoxious person and hold up everyone else who's trying to get on the plane. Many cave to the time crunch and simply let the person board, sometimes with an admonishment not to, others as though there was nothing wrong. I've seen this happen on numerous airlines.

That time crunch, with 100+ people impatiently waiting to board, doesn't exist at the SSL.

Is what you're saying possible, in theory? Yes. Is it common? Highly unlikely.
It would bother me and I would definitely complain if I witness an exception being made.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 5:46 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by yyztozag
It is definitely not common as I have seen people turned away from the MLL (even DOM and transborder). The SS is obviously much harder to "sneak" into. But it is possible in theory, just very limited in practice.
what is this "theory" you speak of? I am interested. I have been to the SSL a couple of times and have never ever heard of anyone (short of being a lucky person that gets rebooked into revenue J on IRROPS) sneaking or gaming their way in.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 5:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I've seen several scam instances.

And I've been asked "did you buy your ticket ONLINE?" when I flew the United R fare, which was an odd question, but contextually showed me that they definitely check sometimes
Old Mar 11, 2020, 12:05 am

Couple menu pictures I took last week. Sticky toffee desert was amazing!

Old Jul 29, 2020, 1:55 am

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Planning a trip that’s HK-US in Air Canada C in April 2021. Let me know if I’ve gotten anything wrong from what I’ve gleaned

HK-YVR-YYZ-US: No SS, no car in either airport
US-YYZ-YVR-HK: Car and SS only in YVR
US-YYZ (overnight) YYZ-HK: Access only in AM to SS

Does anyone have the time the dining room opens at both YYZ and YVR?

Finally, if you’d have to guess (and I know no one has a crystal ball)...will SS reopen by April or should I try to push to June?
Old Jul 29, 2020, 4:01 am

Programs: LH HON | UA 1K
I have a flight in December and hope the SS opens in the next few months. April 21 should be fine.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 7:17 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by dparkinson
Let me know if I’ve gotten anything wrong from what I’ve gleaned

HK-YVR-YYZ-US: No SS, no car in either airport
US-YYZ-YVR-HK: Car and SS only in YVR
US-YYZ (overnight) YYZ-HK: Access only in AM to SS
There's no BMW service at YVR, only YYZ. The walk at YVR is much shorter.

Finally, if you’d have to guess (and I know no one has a crystal ball)...will SS reopen by April or should I try to push to June?
My guess is that if we have enough of a coronavirus problem that the lounge is closed in April, there's a good chance it will still be closed in June. But making that kind of prediction is a mug's game.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Speaking to the above on access guidelines - I was rebooked from AC paid J to TK paid J on an AC-stock ticket by LH (who re-issued the ticket on their stock) in February. At concierge in YUL they assured us we could access SS. At SS in YYZ they didn't get the email from YUL (shrug) but when I explained they let us in. So we had a nice time at SS and then flew SS. Best of both worlds, if I may say so myself...
Old Sep 15, 2020, 4:45 pm

Programs: AC 35
Anyone happen to know if the Air Canada Signature Lounge in open at YYZ?

Hello all

Looking to make a one day mileage run from YYZ-HND business class and was wondering if the AC Signature lounge is open at YYZ these days?

Thank you in advance if you have any knowledge on this.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 4:48 pm

Programs: AC 75K
No, only the domestic lounge is open - which is available for international pax.
Adam Smith and jsacco like this.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 5:01 pm

Programs: AC 35
Thank you. Much appreciated for the quick reply.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
If I am flying on a paid J AC-ticketed AC flight number codeshare flight (e.g. LH metal) would I have access to the Signature Suite... assuming the lounge ever re-opens.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by The Lev
If I am flying on a paid J AC-ticketed AC flight number codeshare flight (e.g. LH metal) would I have access to the Signature Suite... assuming the lounge ever re-opens.
Needs to be on AC metal.
yyztozag likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 6:50 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
I have the opposite scenario, in December I have a paid J LH ticket from YYZ-MUC on AC metal. Will that qualify ?

Thanks

CC
Old Jun 11, 2021, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
I have the opposite scenario, in December I have a paid J LH ticket from YYZ-MUC on AC metal. Will that qualify ?

Thanks

CC
Yes... in the unlikely event that the lounge has reopened by then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.