Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
As per AC Signature Suite page - July 2, 2021

* Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/signature-suite.html

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2020, 11:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Originally Posted by yvr76
Is your profile up to date? How on earth can you only be P25K and hit the Signature Suite half a dozen times?
Some of these are appetizers. I’ve been four times, I’ve flown ex-YYZ TATL five times since the SS opened (one of which was PE on the LHR daytripper). Given that I’m based in Europe, I often find $2000-2500 P fares so paid business class mostly makes sense.

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Every time you fly I-class, you book a refundable J ticket under a random name, enter the SS, then leave and refund.
Watch out, don’t give people ideas!

But wouldn’t this not work, since you’d have to clear security with two BPs? If you cleared with the I boarding pass, they’d see at the SS that you haven’t gone through with the J BP and they’d get suspicious. If you cleared with the J BP you’d be out $8000.

Last edited by yyztozag; Feb 20, 2020 at 11:20 pm Reason: More info
Old Feb 21, 2020, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Incidentally, the excellent Domodimonte red is bac.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 12:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyztozag
Some of these are appetizers. I’ve been four times, I’ve flown ex-YYZ TATL five times since the SS opened (one of which was PE on the LHR daytripper). Given that I’m based in Europe, I often find $2000-2500 P fares so paid business class mostly makes sense.

Watch out, don’t give people ideas!

But wouldn’t this not work, since you’d have to clear security with two BPs? If you cleared with the I boarding pass, they’d see at the SS that you haven’t gone through with the J BP and they’d get suspicious. If you cleared with the J BP you’d be out $8000.
Huh? You can easily cancel any booking after clearing security at a lounge.

And the lounge agents can't easily see if you cleared security with that boarding pass, nor do they care. Imagine a connection between two tickets. They have no idea. They just get a valid boarding pass.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 12:12 pm

Programs: United
Hi,
Do I get access to the signature lounge if I'm traveling in business class on an Air Canada operated flight,
but I'm booked in a code share via Lufthansa?
Old Feb 27, 2020, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Palpal
Hi,
Do I get access to the signature lounge if I'm traveling in business class on an Air Canada operated flight,
but I'm booked in a code share via Lufthansa?
Yes
Old Feb 29, 2020, 4:21 pm

Many times Latitude B/Y are more expensive than restricted Business P or even Z. AC should really reconsider admission policy to SS and allow Latitude fare pax with or without an upgrade.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by mileageking
Many times Latitude B/Y are more expensive than restricted Business P or even Z. AC should really reconsider admission policy to SS and allow Latitude fare pax with or without an upgrade.
The extra cost is for the flexibility. If you want flexible business, you can buy that too, and then it includes all the perks of business class. But that, too, will be more than a P fare.
D582, Adam Smith and mathemagic like this.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
The extra cost is for the flexibility. If you want flexible business, you can buy that too, and then it includes all the perks of business class. But that, too, will be more than a P fare.
Don't disagree, but isn't AC getting more revenue on my choice to buy flexibility? In some cases significantly more than paying for P plus change fee. Ultimately it's all about revenue so don't see any reason why they shouldn't. Don't have an issue if they limit to Latitude fare with upgrade pax only and also throw in SE stipulation if they need to

Last edited by mileageking; Feb 29, 2020 at 4:45 pm
Old Feb 29, 2020, 4:42 pm

Don't disagree, but isn't AC get more revenue on my choice to buy flexibility? In some cases significantly more than if you pay for P plus change fee.
P isn't refundable. And I don't think AC (nor paid J folks) would like to see the SS diluted by Y travellers. It's an integral piece of the marketing strategy.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by mathemagic
P isn't refundable. And I don't think AC (nor paid J folks) would like to see the SS diluted by Y travellers. It's an integral piece of the marketing strategy.
P fare on international is refundable with a change fee. Again only referring to full fare Y pax that many times end up paying more than restricted business (P or sometimes even Z). Don't think this would dilute or lower the standard of SS.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 5:29 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
This is an absurd concept. The SSL is supposed to be exclusive and it's a business lounge. What about someone on a Latitude flight pass, which is quite cheap? What about someone flying Latitude on GRU-YYZ-Europe for cheaper than someone on a Flex fare on YYZ-Europe? It's a lounge for Signature Class passengers, not a lounge for people who have spent $X on their fare.

P fare on international is refundable with a change fee.
No, it's not. It depends on the fare. Most CDZP fares to Europe are not refundable. Some to Asia are. But in all cases, the flexibility is substantially less than Latitude.

Again only referring to full fare Y pax that many times end up paying more than restricted business (P or sometimes even Z). Don't think this would dilute or lower the standard of SS.
The SSL is small and already quite full at peak times. So yes, it likely would dilute the quality.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
No, it's not. It depends on the fare. Most CDZP fares to Europe are not refundable. Some to Asia are. But in all cases, the flexibility is substantially less than Latitude.
AC website states for international destinations, business restricted is refundable with a fee

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...tinations.html
Old Feb 29, 2020, 6:07 pm

AC website states for international destinations, business restricted is refundable with a fee

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...tinations.html
For some definition of "refundable". In the details, this particular definition means a credit toward future travel, within a year, minus a fee. Here, AC takes your $ and you can't get it back from them. I don't call that particularly refundable. It's merely changeable, within certain parameters. In any case, such tickets don't belong in the SS. It's not just how expensive the ticket is. By similar logic, a FOTSG buying a higher priced economy fare (take your pick) should get MLL access included. No.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 6:22 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
P fare on international is refundable with a change fee. Again only referring to full fare Y pax that many times end up paying more than restricted business (P or sometimes even Z). Don't think this would dilute or lower the standard of SS.
If it doesn’t go against your corporate travel policy, then simply upfare your Y fare class ticket to a P fare for $0. Then you will have SSL access (presumably anyway, cow will correct me if wrong)
Old Feb 29, 2020, 6:36 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mathemagic
For some definition of "refundable". In the details, this particular definition means a credit toward future travel, within a year, minus a fee. Here, AC takes your $ and you can't get it back from them.
Didn't read the details, thanks for clarifying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.