Search
Old Feb 14, 2018, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Print Wikipost

AC Flight Pass App

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:21 pm

Using this for my own and MrsITAG flight passes now. A pretty impressive effort - whoever is at Air Canada IT who developed this product - promote them! They understand simplicity and workflow.

I actually went through and just booked 15 upcoming flights on the App, rather than the Web site, since it is so straightforward.

Question though - I have had to re-enter my mobile App ID and password several times when using. Am I missing something?
traacs likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 7:07 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
Using this for my own and MrsITAG flight passes now. A pretty impressive effort - whoever is at Air Canada IT who developed this product - promote them! They understand simplicity and workflow.

I actually went through and just booked 15 upcoming flights on the App, rather than the Web site, since it is so straightforward.

Question though - I have had to re-enter my mobile App ID and password several times when using. Am I missing something?
Maybe it was a bad day? I use that app and never have to re-enter the information. I booked 6 flights with it yesterday, and it was smooth.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 8:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
Maybe it was a bad day? I use that app and never have to re-enter the information. I booked 6 flights with it yesterday, and it was smooth.
Ehh I've seen some stuff like that. It seems to depend on sessions a lot, but it doesn't always seem to recognize when a session has expired.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy

+1
Old Apr 12, 2018, 7:02 pm

Perhaps written before.
I have a flight pass booking leaving from central standard time When in that time zone the APP shows the correct departure times but when on the west coast the time is out 1 hour . Looked at it while on west coast as I was flying tomorrow and got excited that that the flight times had changed. The times had NOT changed.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 5:28 am

email for mobile app problems
[email protected]
Old May 7, 2018, 10:10 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
A month or so ago I was able to use the app to get a complimentary upgrade (at the 2 day window) for a previously confirmed latitude upgraded fare on a trans-Canada flight. I was impressed with the cool confetti which made me think AC had finally arrived in the 21st century.
Today I was unable to do the same complimentary upgrade (message was something along the lines of ( " already upgraded so no changes can be made", i.e. same as on-line) even though J=3 and I was able afterwards to call in and achieve the switch to J.
Has anyone else noted this change?
Or was it a glitch last month?
Old May 16, 2018, 6:00 pm

Latest Android update is crashing on launch for me.

NullPointerException
Old May 16, 2018, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Latest Android update is crashing on launch for me.

NullPointerException
I cleared app data, and now it works.

I didn't even need to log in. It pulled my credentials from the main AC app.

​​​​​​ I'm happy to see the progress of the FP app.
Old May 16, 2018, 6:52 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy Tit, UA Silver
Partial cancellation was added via the update
Old May 16, 2018, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by lewis_m
Partial cancellation was added via the update
Yeah I don't fully understand that.

What are the reasons to book a round trip on a FP, rather than two one ways?
Old May 16, 2018, 8:23 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Yeah I don't fully understand that.

What are the reasons to book a round trip on a FP, rather than two one ways?
Having a single PNR to track, I guess
Old May 17, 2018, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by ffsim
Having a single PNR to track, I guess
You definitely sound uncertain there, so I'm not trying to attack you, but can you describe who that would really be a benefit for?

Most people I know show up at the airport and say "I'm going to Toronto" and let the agents sort it out.

I guess my main point is why this matters.

There was an Aeroplan promo a few years ago where Canada-USA round trips earned a few thousand extra miles, which was stupidly annoying to me, though with a Y FP, I was able to deal with it without any half-cancellations.

But then that sounds like making it easier for FTers to game the system, which I am 110% sure is what AC is working against
Old May 17, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
You definitely sound uncertain there, so I'm not trying to attack you, but can you describe who that would really be a benefit for?

Most people I know show up at the airport and say "I'm going to Toronto" and let the agents sort it out.

I guess my main point is why this matters.

There was an Aeroplan promo a few years ago where Canada-USA round trips earned a few thousand extra miles, which was stupidly annoying to me, though with a Y FP, I was able to deal with it without any half-cancellations.

But then that sounds like making it easier for FTers to game the system, which I am 110% sure is what AC is working against
I'm glad my hesitancy was apparent, even sans emoji

You asked for a reason for booking a round trip, and I gave you the only one I could think of. You're absolutely right, it shouldn't matter, especially as the FP app is pretty good at keeping your bookings in order.

Interestingly, I made a flight pass booking just yesterday -- as a round trip lol... I almost always book separate one-ways, but for whatever reason, I entered both dates and just followed through to the end, booking my outbound and return in one shot.

I don't know if this is new, but the iOS app allows you to swipe forward and backwards through the details page of a given flight option. This addresses one of my previous concerns that the aircraft type was not visible in the search results list. Now you can simply tap into any flight from the results list and swipe to the next or previous one. Very cool feature ^
Old May 17, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: *$ Green
It's good for corporate passes with 300+ credits and 100+ employees. Better to have 150 PNRs to manage instead of 300.

But for personal travel, it's way better to book as one ways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.