Last edit by: Adam Smith
Print Wikipost

AC Flight Pass App

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 100k MM, SPG Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt Gold, Airmiles, AMEX
AC Flight Pass App

I got an email just now from AC saying there is a new flight pass app for testing out. Finally, this will be really helpful making bookings on the fly and managing them without logging into AC on computer.

I guess I will get a link for this today and will test it out, this should be helpful for a lot of people.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
I used the link in the email, and the app is on my phone.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Silver
Also received the e-mail invite and am looking forward to trying it out. I like the line in the e-mail that says "it includes unreleased features as well as some bugs".

Of course I am waiting until 9/7 to make my next booking so won't be able to test it until then.

Last edited by djkyyc; Aug 28, 2017 at 10:54 am
Old Aug 28, 2017, 11:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Why is there a separate app for flight passes?

Also, since everyone else seems unwilling to share it: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ada.flightpass

For the record, I did not get an email. I just searched the Play Store for it.

p.s. I like how they released an app that says "(Unreleased)" in the name.

Google literally supports beta testing for apps that would prevent the above link from working without opting in after being invited. But no, they do it this way.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 100k MM, SPG Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt Gold, Airmiles, AMEX
Originally Posted by djkyyc
Also received the e-mail invite and am looking forward to trying it out. I like the line in the e-mail that says "it includes unreleased features as well as some bugs".

Of course I am waiting until 9/7 to make my next booking so won't be able to test it until then.
haha and "bugs". I followed the link and there is no app or even searching the app store there is nothing. I guess I will wait.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow

Also, since everyone else seems unwilling to share it: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ada.flightpass

Google literally supports beta testing for apps that would prevent the above link from working without opting in after being invited. But no, they do it this way.
Which is strange given they are using the beta app feature of the Apple Store for the iOS release.

I signed up. Haven't got the secondary email yet. Based on the AC app my expectations are quite low.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 11:38 am

I have so much feedback on the Android app and I haven't even signed in yet.

1. It looks much less janky than the main app
2. It should share the new credential store that the main app created, so that I don't need to sign in if I'm already signed in to the main app
3. It should just be part of the main app
Old Aug 28, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Seems ridiculous to have split out of main app.

Who wants to bet once this thing is out there will be no real support for it post-launch?

Also this marks a third(Actually fourth if you count that currency app) distinct UI/UX structure by AC, so much for a consistent design language across the board.

The amount of blackness is shocking, did these guys even bother to read Material Design guideline on use of the color and space?
Old Aug 28, 2017, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Seems ridiculous to have split out of main app.

Who wants to bet once this thing is out there will be no real support for it post-launch?

Also this marks a third visual UI/UX released by AC, so much for a consistent design language across the board.
I think this may actually be their attempt to bring more of this in-house. The app is much better than the main AC app.

However...
Attached Images  
Old Aug 28, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
When you say much better than main App, are we talking visually or functionally?

However...

Need to hire a new UI designer or PM if this thing is done inhouse. Use of color is astoundingly bad.
Even the new Scene app(which leverage a very similar color scheme when compared to new AC livery) has the right balance of black, red and white.

There are now four different type of visual design for AC now.

Red/White on Black
Red on White
?? on city picture
?? on maple leaf pattern

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Aug 28, 2017 at 11:59 am
Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Got the AC app directly from the playstore.

Did not get an email.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I like the fact that you select O/D first and then it tells you which flight passes you have that qualifies for the destination on the date chosen
Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
When you say much better than main App, are we talking visually or functionally?
I mean on a technical level.

It's missing a lot of functionality I'd expect in a FP app, but it's a beta, so I'm not too concerned over lack of features.

And visual components are easy to change.

Originally Posted by YOWCDNFF
I like the fact that you select O/D first and then it tells you which flight passes you have that qualifies for the destination on the date chosen
Not only that, but it only offers cities that your passes are eligible for.

When I selected SFO as my origin (or rather, it suggested it due to my current location), it only offered YVR/YYC/YEG as destinations, even before selecting my FP, because those are the only cities I can fly to.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 1:31 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
True, with one caveat. I have a FP that is still considered active, but has no credits left in it. Those city combinations still showed up
Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!

Who's willing to bet that this is an Air Canada "in house"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.