Search
Old Feb 14, 2018, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Print Wikipost

AC Flight Pass App

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2022, 4:39 pm

I just installed that app, rebooted my device, then tried to use the app. Whenever I click "Log In", the app crashes and closes itself within a few seconds.
This is not useable.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 2:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
This is inaccurate. I have several unexpired FPs.

None have any credits available....because I have 3 active FP bookings. But now I can't see them in the app.

vancouver25k likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 12:10 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Has the FP app become totally useless at this point?

It errored out on me when cancelling a booking earlier, and now the booking says it's cancelled, but still shows up, and the credits aren't back. I'm on hold with AC to try to fix that.

Thankfully I have enough credits on the pass to go make the alternate booking. But I got an error when trying to complete the booking. Now the credits are in the stupid 30-minute hold, so even though I tried to book using the usually less unreliable FP website, I'm going to have to stay up another 26 minutes or so if I want to get this done tonight.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 6:44 am

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Has the FP app become totally useless at this point?

It errored out on me when cancelling a booking earlier, and now the booking says it's cancelled, but still shows up, and the credits aren't back. I'm on hold with AC to try to fix that.

Thankfully I have enough credits on the pass to go make the alternate booking. But I got an error when trying to complete the booking. Now the credits are in the stupid 30-minute hold, so even though I tried to book using the usually less unreliable FP website, I'm going to have to stay up another 26 minutes or so if I want to get this done tonight.
In December I went to make a change on the app for my Florida Plus FP. When the change went though I got the message "this booking has been successful cancelled" 😔

In a bit of a fluster I looked up the booking on the website and it was still intact and not cancelled.

I do feel like there has been some regression in the app.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 12:16 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
I just do my FP booking on my laptop and pretend the app doesn't exist.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 12:43 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
First update to the FP app in over a year. I'm not really seeing anything different so far. Maybe the bookings tab is refreshing each time I go to it? Unable to see past bookings or expired FPs, but that was a problem just before the update too.
YYC3722 likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 5:54 pm

Programs: AC SE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum
I just tried as well.. is everyone still using the AC website (book/manage flight pass)?
Old Aug 12, 2023, 12:20 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by xinzhang5228
I just tried as well.. is everyone still using the AC website (book/manage flight pass)?
I'm still using the web app, even though it crashes if I take too long before accepting the first acknowledgment prompt.

I've given up on the mobile app. After selecting flights, the mobile app says that it doesn't know my gender or birthdate. Gender enters just fine, but when I go to put in my birthdate, there's no date picker or dialog of any form and I can't proceed with finalizing the booking past that point. Tried across multiple iOS devices, all with the latest app. For me, the mobile FP app isn't even best effort, it's just crap.

Interestingly, the gender / birthdate doesn't 'stick' in the web app, so I guess I will need to re-enter it the next time too. But at least I can complete bookings.
Old Aug 12, 2023, 12:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I'm still using the web app, even though it crashes if I take too long before accepting the first acknowledgment prompt.

I've given up on the mobile app. After selecting flights, the mobile app says that it doesn't know my gender or birthdate. Gender enters just fine, but when I go to put in my birthdate, there's no date picker or dialog of any form and I can't proceed with finalizing the booking past that point. Tried across multiple iOS devices, all with the latest app. For me, the mobile FP app isn't even best effort, it's just crap.

Interestingly, the gender / birthdate doesn't 'stick' in the web app, so I guess I will need to re-enter it the next time too. But at least I can complete bookings.
If you go into the flight pass itself (not the "make booking" flow) on web, you can select each passenger and add that info there, and then it will be pre-populated in the app (and all future bookings). If you do it this way, you only have to enter DOB/gender/KTN once per passenger per flight pass, rather than once per booking.
Bohemian1 and Adam Smith like this.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 8:09 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
The app is super slow and is crashing. Why can't AC get anything IT related completed properly?
Old Aug 14, 2023, 8:52 am

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
If you go into the flight pass itself (not the "make booking" flow) on web, you can select each passenger and add that info there, and then it will be pre-populated in the app (and all future bookings). If you do it this way, you only have to enter DOB/gender/KTN once per passenger per flight pass, rather than once per booking.
Thanks for that info. I had issue with this last night.. booked a flight using the App.. then tried to select exit row seats.. told me I couldn't as you had to be 18+ to sit in exit row . Cancelled and rebooked on web where it always asks DOB and it worked as it should.

Ron.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.