FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Print Wikipost

AC Flight Pass App

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2021, 11:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
On Android, the two apps kinda share credentials. I don't know exactly how they've implemented it though.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 11:40 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
On Android, the two apps kinda share credentials. I don't know exactly how they've implemented it though.
Well, very poorly, since I often have to log in to the FP app many times a day while the main app doesn't require me to log in for weeks or months at a time
Nitehawk likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 10:39 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Looks like there's a new version out on iOS, with "bug fixes based on our customers' feedback", but nothing new on Android yet.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Looks like there's a new version out on iOS, with "bug fixes based on our customers' feedback", but nothing new on Android yet.
What version are you seeing?

They're on 5.22.4 on Android afaik, which is the highest patch version (the 4) I've seen so far.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 11:17 pm

5.22.4? That's the main app, silly FP app is 1.24, last updated May 7, 2021.

The screenshot my Apple friend sent shows 1.24.1 on iOS, updated yesterday.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 11:34 pm

5.22.4? That's the main app, silly FP app is 1.24, last updated May 7, 2021.

The screenshot my Apple friend sent shows 1.24.1 on iOS, updated yesterday.
Ugh, as soon as I saw this thread on top again, I thought "oh crap, wrong app".

My bad
Old Dec 17, 2021, 6:48 am

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
Based on my experience you are lucky. I've updated both my iPhone and iPad versions. On the iPhone, everything seems to work properly based on my usage so far. On the iPad, it refuses to accept my login (from a password manager). Strangely I seem to get two login windows, one that looks like an Apache type authentication pop-up window saying to "Log in to psse2e.aircanada.com". Behind it sits another login screen that seems like looks like the standard Aeroplan login screen.

I can cancel the pop-up window and return to the Aeroplan login screen.

However I've tried to provide my credentials to both and neither seem to work.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 10:09 am

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
The iPhone app won’t let me log in using the correct credentials! Great update! I have not updated my iPad - and don’t plan to now.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 4:31 pm

On my iPhone I remained logged in after the app update. I'm therefore inclined to think that this update, or some backend mismatch, is responsible for the problem. I guess I won't be logging out of the app any time soon as I've got upcoming flight pass bookings.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 5:37 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
The current version is now 1.24.2. I had to reinstall to get it working. I wonder if the newest version is just a return to the 1.24 since the 1.24.1 bombed?
Old Dec 17, 2021, 6:25 pm

Confirmed here too. One change that is immediately noticeable is the login no longer points to psse2e.aircanada.com but rather aircanada.com.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 2:49 pm

One thing that annoys me is if I have a multi-person FP, and I book a PNR for another person (because I'm not going, or I'm already upgraded, or we want separate PNRs for whatever reason), their booking doesn't show up in either my FP app or my main AC app.

If redeem points for someone else, that shows up in my AC app, but not if I book with an FP.

And that makes it substantially harder to manage things, because I have to go into the website and go through a convoluted process to find the booking (so the website isn't much better, but at least there is a way).
Old Mar 14, 2022, 2:34 pm

Since the last update a couple weeks ago, I have found the flight pass app to be nigh on useless.

It has always been bad as far as making you log in frequently (whereas the main app can go months without needing to log in). But lately, not only does it require me to log in essentially every time, most of the time I get one of the following outcomes:
  • Hit log in. Enter credentials.
    • Spinning red plane for a while. Oops, we're not working at 100%, continue as guest. Which is obviously no good.
    • Spinning red plane ad infinitum
    • It appears to log in, does its thing where it goes through a few different pages. Takes me back to the log in screen. Repeat.
  • As soon as the app opens, error box pops up, getUserProfile, error 4035 (something along those lines)

The first batch usually seems to be solved by restarting the app, or at worst doing a forced stop. The getUserProfile thing seems to only be cured by restarting the phone.

I would say that only about 5% of the time does the app just open without requiring a log in, and only about 15-20% of the time does it work the first time. The vast majority of the time, I end up having to restart the app, force stop it, or restart the phone, before I can get logged in and use the app.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 3:27 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Since the last update a couple weeks ago, I have found the flight pass app to be nigh on useless.
I concur. I had the added fun of attempting to book a round trip, but seeing only the outbound flights. Even after selecting a flight. And the thing would just error out.

Once the AC.com website was working (for me) again, I booked my trip for next week that way with zero issues.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 12:05 pm

So it appears the Flight Pass app is broken again (still?) and the website will let me get as far as the purchase page, then it freezes. It's not yet at a critical point, but can one purchase these and book segments over the phone if it were at the 48h mark? I know they say it could take a day or two to activate, but that's never been my actual experience, it's been pretty much immediately available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.