Last edit by: Adam Smith
Print Wikipost

AC Flight Pass App

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2018, 7:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
They replied to me saying that there is no plan to bring eUpgrades to the FP app. It can only be used for the comp UG.
I would expect the end goal is one unified app that does everything. So while technically I don't see them bringing eUps to the FP app, I can see them bringing eUps, FPs, and a bunch of other stuff to the main AC app (or a new main app).

Maybe I should make an eUp app. I'm pretty sure I've said that numerous times.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
To be honest, I don't need to actually DO the eUp in the app. I just want to check eUp availability before I choose which of 4 flights between AAA-BBB on a day within my eUp window.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 10:19 pm

Looks like this is out of beta (at least on Android) with 1.0 available at https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ada.flightpass

It's now showing eUpgrade information at time of booking.

Green indicator if everything can be confirmed, yellow if anything will be waitlisted. However, it doesn't seem to show anything for existing bookings.

More importantly, the flight that it indicates is "waitlisted" is J5 C5 D4 Z3 P2 R0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V7 W0 G0 S0 T0 L0 A0 K0. This FP books into Y. That means I need Z space, so it should be able to be confirmed. I suspect they're looking at R, instead of the proper class.

I'm seeing some other minor visual tweaks. Lots of screens now have a "pull down to close" feature. They fixed a couple typos too.

I'd also recommend their designers read https://developer.android.com/design...e-android.html, specifically the part titled "Don't use right-pointing carets on line items".
ridefar, flyquiet and YYC3722 like this.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
I’m have had a couple of glitches with the iOS version.

Search results for a route will sometimes show a different departure airport (like YUL instead of YHZ). Also had search results for a same day flight give me options for same day flights that had already departed.

As usual, the development team was very quick to respond, asking for more info, but no solution yet.

Anyone else having problems like that??

i also received a notification of a new version, but no new version is available.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
I’m have had a couple of glitches with the iOS version.

Search results for a route will sometimes show a different departure airport (like YUL instead of YHZ). Also had search results for a same day flight give me options for same day flights that had already departed.

As usual, the development team was very quick to respond, asking for more info, but no solution yet.

Anyone else having problems like that??

i also received a notification of a new version, but no new version is available.
Received email from the beta support team that these bugs were "squashed" just in time for the full release last Friday. I tested it out on the full release ios version and all seems fine.

iOS version looks exactly like the android version cow posted above.

The LPO (lowly product owner), as he/she refers to him/herself, also indicated v1.1 could be out in the next three weeks and may contain the ability to look at booking history and to view more details of the flight pass/passes in your profile, along with the ability to cancel a segment/flight. Apparently the current version only allows for cancellation of complete bookings (I have not checked to see if partial cancellation).

I do not have very much experience participating in beta tests, but it seems to me that AC did a great job with this one! They had quick responses/solutions to bug reports and were very responsive to feedback. Hopefully this bodes well for the future as they expand the functionality of this app!

Mod: I would suggest changing the title of this thread to something like "AC Flight Pass App".
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:50 pm

The LPO (lowly product owner), as he/she refers to him/herself, also indicated v1.1 could be out in the next three weeks and may contain the ability to look at booking history and to view more details of the flight pass/passes in your profile, along with the ability to cancel a segment/flight. Apparently the current version only allows for cancellation of complete bookings (I have not checked to see if partial cancellation).
I know there was discussion of being able to cancel half a round-trip, but you mention segments as if I book SFO-YYZ-YOW, and want to go to YYZ instead, without creating a new booking. This actually happened to me a few years ago. I thought I was starting my Christmas travel in YOW, so I booked that, did the complimentary upgrade, and then a day before departure, realized I was going to YYZ instead.

SFO-YYZ was J0 Y0, and there was no way to just remove the YYZ-YOW segment. Reservations told me to just no-show the connection, and ask to have my bag checked only to YYZ. The ability to cancel a segment off the trip would have saved me some hassle, and allowed AC to resell the seat.

Mod: I would suggest changing the title of this thread to something like "AC Flight Pass App".
Then click the "report" button and tell them
Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:22 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I just got an e-mail that appears to be a broadcast rather than the targeted invitations that were previously sent, so it appears it may now be more officially out of beta than when cow posted about 1.0 being on the Google Play store.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I just got an e-mail that appears to be a broadcast rather than the targeted invitations that were previously sent, so it appears it may now be more officially out of beta than when cow posted about 1.0 being on the Google Play store.
It was definitely officially out of beta when I posted that
Old Mar 14, 2018, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I know there was discussion of being able to cancel half a round-trip, but you mention segments as if I book SFO-YYZ-YOW, and want to go to YYZ instead, without creating a new booking. This actually happened to me a few years ago. I thought I was starting my Christmas travel in YOW, so I booked that, did the complimentary upgrade, and then a day before departure, realized I was going to YYZ instead.

SFO-YYZ was J0 Y0, and there was no way to just remove the YYZ-YOW segment. Reservations told me to just no-show the connection, and ask to have my bag checked only to YYZ. The ability to cancel a segment off the trip would have saved me some hassle, and allowed AC to resell the seat.

My apologies. I mis-typed when I said segments. I meant routings (ie. cancel 1 way of a return booking).
Old Mar 14, 2018, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
You learn something new every day! Thank You Master Cow-san!!
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Is anyone else having problems with this app? I haven't been able to log into it since Thursday morning.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Is anyone else having problems with this app? I haven't been able to log into it since Thursday morning.
It is working for me. iOS as a data point.

Last edited by ridefar; Mar 24, 2018 at 9:50 am
Old Mar 24, 2018, 8:51 am

Are you using the full release version, or the Beta? I used the app yesterday to book the rest of my flights for the YYZ-SFO Do that cow is organizing without any issues....
Old Mar 24, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
I deleted the app and reinstalled it. I am still unable to get in.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I deleted the app and reinstalled it. I am still unable to get in.
Same issue here. Full release and ability to sign in has been on and off for the last week or so

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.