Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[Consolidated] Checked baggage with long layovers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Consolidated] Checked baggage with long layovers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
As per YEG_SE4Life, Sheraton Gateway is attached to Terminal 3 at YYZ, which is Toronto Pearson International Airport.

YVR does have the Fairmont attached to it though.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Right you are about the hotel! I meant the Fairmont at YVR. Thanks for keeping me honest!
Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
You'll have access to your luggage on your overnight.

Not sure if you'll have to pay to check it again in the morning though, I am guessing no but I don't have to pay so I am not sure.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
When I checked luggage with a friend going YYZ YVR ICN, we had a planned overnight connection/layover at YVR. We were required to retrieve our bags and check them back in the next day.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
I have not flown out of ANC on AC but my experience when flying transborder with overnight layovers is that the bag will be tagged all the way through to YYZ at ANC, but the baggage system will know to spit it out at YVR due to the long layover. The agent at ANC should also tell you this. Since baggage is already tagged, you won't have to pay anything to re-check it in YVR before your next departure.
Transpacificflyer likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 5:39 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Ruthalaska
Right you are about the hotel! I meant the Fairmont at YVR. Thanks for keeping me honest!
I just didn't want you booking a hotel in the wrong city. It wouldn't go well for you.
Transpacificflyer likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 6:00 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
I just didn't want you booking a hotel in the wrong city. It wouldn't go well for you.
Haven’t we all booked one hotel and turned up at the wrong one?
Old Jan 18, 2018, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jc94

I have, but it was in the same city and only a few blocks away from the correct property.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I have, but it was in the same city and only a few blocks away from the correct property.
Are you me?

At my old job, the receptionist booked a flight to NYC for the boss, and a hotel in Montréal the same night!?!?
​​​​​​
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Once, airport vs. downtown; day room.

Once right hotel but wrong month...

Once, airline ticket, pm instead of am.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
I did this, realized my error when I showed up at the property and had them move my booking to the one I had intended to book (both were Marriott).

Once I had settled into my room, I got a text from my boss (who was also staying there but travelling separately) asking to meet in the lobby. I went down, didn't see him. Turns out he made the same mistake.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Didn't someone once turn up at an AC FT DO one week early? (serious!)
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:12 pm

No second bag fee. The bag fee is "per direction of travel". So if you paid at ANC, even if its just checked through to YVR, you don't have to pay against upon re-checking to YYZ at YVR.
jc94 and quantumofforce like this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Didn't someone once turn up at an AC FT DO one week early? (serious!)
One time someone was buzzing my apartment (it rings my phone) when I was in YYZ.

"I'm here for the party"
"You're a week early"

I felt really bad I couldn't even bring him up for a drink, but I was 2254 miles away.
quantumofforce likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 9:23 pm

Programs: AC SEMM

Actually booked and arrived at the wrong hotel Omni (Houston) and wondered where everyone was - had a great deal booked with Expedia (prepaid with flight rez) who agreed to let me change providing the wrong Omni would allow me to transfer to the correct Omni. Was trying to figure out how to tell my workmates that this seasoned traveller had booked the wrong hotel. After the Omni's accepted the swap in hotels, Expedia worked out the cost difference and advised it was $400 - Refund to me. So this seasoned traveller had a good ending story to go along with the wrong booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.