Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2017, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 24left
UPDATED to add photo of venue and awesome and creative signs from exceptional host, Lights_a_blur.

(also useful in case anyone is searching for this thread sometime in the future. )

Location: Sam McGee Room at the Bard and Banker, 1022 Government St. https://bardandbanker.com The Sam McGee Room is the second floor, opposite the entry door. Walk to the far corner, go up, and look for pickles!
Date: May 6, 2017
Time: 17:30 for priority boarding

CONFIRMED:
24left
Lights_a_blur
ScGhost0
cedric
YEG_SE4Life
painintheuk
Nitehawk (subject to last minute travel).
catgirl
eigenvector (staying @ DoubleTree)
canadiancow (The Parkside Hotel & Spa)
SKYEG (The Parkside Hotel & Spa)
gabdusch
nomadic.relief
kirkwoodj
dudestir
Traacs plus 1
farmerbrown
DaveObee plus one
Moorw003
expert7700 plus 1
8yroldsuperelite
Argonaut 1000 plus 1
CZAMFlyer
DrunkCargo +2

WAITLISTED:
keitherson currently booked for SCL on the dates, but things may change
Aspan, depending on travel schedule
BlueMilk
Jasper2009

VDB:
Jumper Jack
CanRulez
RCyyz
AftOf 245

Not going because he accidentally booked a ticket to YYL instead (thanks ridiculous Canadian airport codes!):
Adam Smith
LOL -- not laughing at your misfortune but it's good to know that I am not the only person who has done this! Fortunately, I was an SE at the time, so they were pretty good at fixing it for me without a penalty! -- catgirl
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that was a joke - Adam
Damn! And I thought I had someone to commiserate with. I typed in YYZ instead of YYC and didn't notice till a couple of days before the flight ... it ended well -- catgirl

FLIGHTS and DATES:

24left
Fri May 5 AC 183 YYZ-YVR and AC 8065 YVR-YYJ
Sun May 7 Harbour Air #504 YWH-YVR South Terminal
Sun May 7 AC 118 YVR-YYZ

moorw003

Thu May 4 AC 699 YYT-YYZ
Fri May 5 AC 183 YYZ-YVR and AC 8063 YVR-YYJ
Sun May 7 AC 8078 YYJ-YVR and AC 308 YVR-YUL
Mon May 8 AC 7584 YUL-YHZ and AC8876 YHZ-YYR
Tue May 9 AC 8828 YYR-YYT

gabdusch
Fri May 5 AC311 YUL-YVR and AC8083 YVR-YYJ
Sun May 7 Harbour Air #504 YWH-YVR South Terminal
Sun May 7 AC 118 YVR-YYZ and AC 430 YYZ-YUL

SKYEG
Fri May 5 AC 211 YYC-YVR
Sat May 6 HeliJet 785 Vancouver Harbour - Victoria Harbour
Sun May 7 WS154 YYJ-YYC

canadiancow

Code:
Sat May 6 AC 563 SFO-YVR
 Sat May 6 AC 8073 YVR-YYJ
 Sun May 7 AC 8064 YYJ-YVR
 Sun May 7 AC 216 YVR-YYC
 Sun May 7 AC 8583 YYC-SFO

catgirl
Fri May 5: WS 155 YYC-YYJ (arriving 2045)

YEG_SE4Life
Fri May 5: AC 249 YEG YVR, AC 8077 YVR YYJ
Sun May 7: AC 8070 YYJ YVR, AC 244 YVR YEG

Harbour Air from YVR Saturday morning, return Sun morning:
https://www.harbourair.com/

Helijet (alternative to Harbour Air)
http://helijet.com

OTHER INFO:

YYJ Airport Shuttle (thanks Lights_a_blur !!)
https://yyjairportshuttle.com

Anybody into Golfing? (AftOf245)
This looks like something that my son and I would be interested in (YEG_SE4Life)

Saturday morning hiking

I am planning to lead a hike before the 'official' 'do'. So far 3 of us are going, but I'm happy to show off our beautiful trails to as many as possible! We will go at the pace of the slowest person (possibly me!).

We will be hiking from Alyard farm, meeting there at 11am. If you need a ride, PM painintheuk. It will be a slow, relaxed pace, with snacks along the way!

We'll be done and back in plenty of time to check in and relax before the Do.

Please add your name below:
PainintheUK
catgirl (well ... maybe)
eigenvector

AND A BIG BIG THANKS TO LIGHTS_A_BLUR AND THE OTHERS WHO MADE THIS HAPPEN!!!
Print Wikipost

YYJ Spring AC FT Do May 6, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Wait, what? She booked WS even though AC was $30 cheaper? Is she blindly loyal to WS? Did she have a bad experience with AC and unlike every other person who says it, truly is never flying AC again?
Speaking for some non-FFs I know, they only check WS for fares because they just assume it will be cheaper. The power of marketing and branding at work, I guess.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Is it too late to join?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by eigenvector
Speaking for some non-FFs I know, they only check WS for fares because they just assume it will be cheaper. The power of marketing and branding at work, I guess.
I wonder how long it will take some (including here) to realize that "LCC" doesn't necessarily mean cheap fare carrier.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:51 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I wonder how long it will take some (including here) to realize that "LCC" doesn't necessarily mean cheap fare carrier.
Does WS even claim to be an LCC anymore?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: WestJet Gold; E35K/*Silver
Westjet to Dublin, London and Glasgow are truly low cost. Everywhere else they aren't. Maybe they would be cheaper as overheads are lower, but they need to raise prices to make up for the fact they don't bump passengers
Old Apr 24, 2017, 7:08 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Does WS even claim to be an LCC anymore?
Not in their announcements. They only claim to be the most trusted Canadian Airline. It will be interesting to see what changes with their ULCC. They say they are going to debundle everything.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 2:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

Sorry folks but there is a WJ forum in which to discuss WJ topics so let's please return to the thread topic.

tcook052
AC forum moderator
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: AC - SE100K
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Is it too late to join?
You are more than welcome. C'mon out. I'll be the big guy by the bar, come say hi.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:32 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
I asked her about it today and she said she had WS dollars to use. Still should have flown with me.

To the poster that explained about the Vancouver Marathon... You are right. Friends that have hotel hookups have blackout for that weekend city wide. Sooo expensive. Going to have to couch crash for the night with a friend.

Harbour Air is now $207 Saturday for a decent afternoon time in and Helijet is $179 still. Ugh should have booked Harbour at $99 a few weeks ago. Costs more than the YVR-YYJ flight now.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:42 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Harbour Air is now $207 Saturday for a decent afternoon time in and Helijet is $179 still. Ugh should have booked Harbour at $99 a few weeks ago. Costs more than the YVR-YYJ flight now.
I would suggest rolling the dice and just showing up as a walk-on ofr HA, but I'm guessing that's not an option. You did check both CXH and South YVR, right?
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:27 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
I'll be in Asia for this date but have made arrangements for the small custom party favours to be on site, assuming no courier issues!

Have fun everyone, sorry to miss you all.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Dorian
I'll be in Asia for this date but have made arrangements for the small custom party favours to be on site, assuming no courier issues!

Have fun everyone, sorry to miss you all.

Dorian,
Thanks so much!!!
We'll miss you but I hope to see you again soon....YVR Dom MLL was it?
Travel safe!
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by SKYEG
I asked her about it today and she said she had WS dollars to use. Still should have flown with me.

To the poster that explained about the Vancouver Marathon... You are right. Friends that have hotel hookups have blackout for that weekend city wide. Sooo expensive. Going to have to couch crash for the night with a friend.

If push comes to shove, you can always take the dreaded ferry...
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:04 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by eigenvector
If push comes to shove, you can always take the dreaded ferry...
Oh wow that will bring back memories going on fam trips and just spending most my time in that ferry arcade... Good times!!!

I found out there is a student standby with valid ID for $89 on HeliJet. Kind of worth risking to standby on that as it seems like weekends are where flights don't sell out but it will be a risky and I'll have to swim over if I miss that .

Not sure why I'm having such an issue with what to pick and the price... I really want to try one or the other but maybe because it's for a FT DO so cost efficiency in travel is mandatory

It's funny how you don't even think twice to spend a crap ton at the club but a $180 Helicopter trip over beautiful Vancouver Harbour/Victoria needs seriously contemplation. LOL!!! What is life
Old May 1, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: WestJet Gold; E35K/*Silver
24left, are you going to be using the lounge at YYZ? If you are, are you able to guest in? I'm a lowly P25 (although I do have vouchers)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.