FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   YYJ Spring AC FT Do May 6, 2017 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1815575-yyj-spring-ac-ft-do-may-6-2017-a.html)

24left Jan 15, 2017 9:37 pm

YYJ Spring AC FT Do May 6, 2017

Ever since that first YVR Do in March of 2015, many of us have wanted a YYJ Do.

Our fine local YYJ FTers have been great in helping me get this going.

Lights_a_blur suggested a venue recommendation and both he and Nighthawk have given me names of hotels and other info which I will post in the Wiki.

Details will be added as they become available.

We are looking at Saturday April 29 or Saturday May 6. Please list your first and second choice next to your name.

A section called "Flights" is there so that once you have your dates and flights, it would be helpful if you post so perhaps we can transit in from Sidney if flying there. Others may wish to fly into the Inner Harbour.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

P.S. The wiki may go up a bit empty but it will get filled in as details are confirmed. Thanks for your patience. :)

Jumper Jack Jan 15, 2017 9:40 pm

I think I will be joining you guys this time. But likely will ferry in as opposed to fly in :P Or perhaps I will go on a drinking sphere to cover the $100 difference at YVR MLL LOL
Can only do April 29th though(I will be off to Shanghai or New York or Toronto or wherever there's a job on May 1st) . Always wanted to do a road trip(Solo?) to explore the island anyways.

painintheuk Jan 15, 2017 9:42 pm

I'll be traveling April 29, but I will be there if it is May 6th. I've never been to an FT do and this one I can make!

Dr. PITUK

24left Jan 15, 2017 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack (Post 27767479)
I think I will be joining you guys this time. But likely will ferry in as opposed to fly in :P ....

I took the ferry on my first trip there. Awesome and spectacular thanks to the whales.

quantumofforce Jan 15, 2017 9:59 pm

April 29th is a no.
May 6th is a maybe, low probability event.

24left Jan 15, 2017 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by quantumofforce (Post 27767556)
April 29th is a no.
May 6th is a maybe, low probability event.

But you can bring treats from SIN :D

painintheuk Jan 15, 2017 10:27 pm

deleted

farmerbrown Jan 15, 2017 10:31 pm

April 29 is likely.

May 6 less probable.

How's that for a definitive response! :D

quantumofforce Jan 15, 2017 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 27767568)
But you can bring treats from SIN :D

I will be on the return leg from Florida, so I can bring Mickey Mouse knick knacks.

24left Jan 15, 2017 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by farmerbrown (Post 27767649)
April 29 is likely.

May 6 less probable.

How's that for a definitive response! :D

Perfectly definitive. Can you add that to the wiki? :D

Originally Posted by quantumofforce (Post 27767666)
I will be on the return leg from Florida, so I can bring Mickey Mouse knick knacks.

I think I still have a few "collectibles" from my one and only visit there. At least the mug is useful for holding pens. :D

Dorian Jan 15, 2017 10:42 pm

Chance of chartering a float plane if enough people are going from Van.

cedric Jan 15, 2017 10:50 pm

Looks like I could attend on either date.

I work at the Coast Hotel - happy to assist if that ends up being the hotel of choice. May is the unofficial start to the summer in Victoria, so if folks will be joining from out of town, rooms will tend to be better priced for the April date, regardless of the hotel selected.

Adam Smith Jan 15, 2017 10:54 pm

I'm probably in for either date.

24left Jan 15, 2017 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by cedric (Post 27767711)
Looks like I could attend on either date.

I work at the Coast Hotel - happy to assist if that ends up being the hotel of choice. May is the unofficial start to the summer in Victoria, so if folks will be joining from out of town, rooms will tend to be better priced for the April date, regardless of the hotel selected.

Wow, thanks for the offer !!!!

And yes, I had done some quick checking earlier and notice in some cases April 29th offers much better rates.

Please feel free to add yourself to the wiki

24left Jan 15, 2017 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by Dorian (Post 27767681)
Chance of chartering a float plane if enough people are going from Van.

Very cool idea.