Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Latitude fare flight pass upgrades to business class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Latitude fare flight pass upgrades to business class

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow
2 calendar days.
Is this documented somewhere? On the Flight Pass site it says 48 hours, and I did a test booking that was 50-52 hours out (but within 2 calendar days) and the complimentary upgrade feature was not available.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 6:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JordanYVR
Is this documented somewhere? On the Flight Pass site it says 48 hours, and I did a test booking that was 50-52 hours out (but within 2 calendar days) and the complimentary upgrade feature was not available.
I've never had an issue doing it right after midnight (departure time zone), even 60 hours out.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I've never had an issue doing it right after midnight (departure time zone), even 60 hours out.
@JordanYVR

What @canadiancow said...

Which FP were you trying to do this for? And no, it's not "documented". It just is - it's been like that for at least 14 years.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 8:19 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
In the T & C on the flight pass page (when you go to buy a Lat flight pass) it states:

Upgrades
  • Complimentary Flight Pass upgrades are based on Business Class availability and can only be requested and confirmed online between 2 days and 1 hour prior to the original flight departure time and cannot be processed at the airport or through Air Canada Reservations.
So sounds like 2 calendar days, I also have my complimentary upgrades go through before the 48 hr mark so this makes sense.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by mountaingrl
In the T & C on the flight pass page (when you go to buy a Lat flight pass) it states:

Upgrades
  • Complimentary Flight Pass upgrades are based on Business Class availability and can only be requested and confirmed online between 2 days and 1 hour prior to the original flight departure time and cannot be processed at the airport or through Air Canada Reservations.
So sounds like 2 calendar days, I also have my complimentary upgrades go through before the 48 hr mark so this makes sense.
Ah yes, that is the wording in that section.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, AC SE, WJ Gold
Upgrade was obvious on how to apply the upgrade once available - thanks for the help folks!

However, I got this error. I have a call in queue with AC now to see if they can force through the upgrade as J is available.

Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Originally Posted by yyznomad
@JordanYVR

What @canadiancow said...

Which FP were you trying to do this for? And no, it's not "documented". It just is - it's been like that for at least 14 years.
It was the Southwestern Latitude. I booked a flight on a Wednesday afternoon for Friday evening. There was ample J space but the upgrade feature was not available. Maybe I need to try it again.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 7:52 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by jmcintosh
Upgrade was obvious on how to apply the upgrade once available - thanks for the help folks!

However, I got this error. I have a call in queue with AC now to see if they can force through the upgrade as J is available.

It was the Southwestern Latitude. I booked a flight on a Wednesday afternoon for Friday evening. There was ample J space but the upgrade feature was not available. Maybe I need to try it again.

i think i'm 1 for 10 on upgrade success using the app and maybe 2/10 when i use the browser (normally i click and the popup says error or it just vanishes). i always use the call center (sometimes thru the existing reservation option, sometimes thru the flight pass inquiries option), i don't even bring up that dumb app, and they always do it no problem.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 6:29 pm

Programs: AC S100K, HH Silver
The FP system won't allow you to book two FP bookings on the same origin/destination on the same date.

If you're in J, and it's J1, and there's plenty of Y space, I would just cancel it and rebook.
I tried doing this today for my FP booking this afternoon and got an error on the Android app (something about a confirmed eUpgrade), so I just called in. Is this a known issue? Can I get around this on the Flight Pass section of the website instead?
Old Aug 15, 2019, 6:50 pm

Yes, the website can cancel an eUpgraded FP booking, but the app cannot.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 6:35 am

Yes, the website can cancel an eUpgraded FP booking, but the app cannot.
Hi there,
For this upgrade method for Lat FP comp. upgrades, is there an option to cancel the original eupgrade on Air Canada’s eupgrade website and requesting the comp upgrade T-48 on the FP site? Or do we still need to call in to cancel the eupgrade first? Not sure if the site has changed any.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by martinintheair
Hi there,
For this upgrade method for Lat FP comp. upgrades, is there an option to cancel the original eupgrade on Air Canada’s eupgrade website and requesting the comp upgrade T-48 on the FP site? Or do we still need to call in to cancel the eupgrade first? Not sure if the site has changed any.
You need to call, or you can just cancel the booking and make a new one.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 7:01 am

You need to call, or you can just cancel the booking and make a new one.
Great! I see in the FP T&C as below. Is cancelling the eupgrade via phone and getting the comp upgrade without cancelling the PNR a workaround? It seems like the below T&C suggests the only official way to get a comped upgrade after you eupgrade is through cancelling the PNR and rebooking.

• For Flight Pass bookings which include confirmed Star Alliance Upgrade Awards or eUpgraded flight(s), the traveller/sponsor's eUpgrade account will be decremented should the traveller wish to use their complimentary Flight Pass upgrade within 48 hours prior to departure. To re-credit your eUpgrade account, the upgraded booking must be cancelled and rebooked under a new booking reference in the original Latitude booking class. If the original flight(s) is no longer available, an alternate flight must be selected.”
Old Dec 27, 2019, 7:06 am

I think the spirit of that term is that if the flight is J0 Y0, you can't just swap the eUp to a comp up and get your credits back. There needs to be space for sale in Y to downgrade (or rebook), and there needs to space for sale in J to do the upgrade again.

I generally only do the downgrade/upgrade route when I'm booked in a promotion window (like bonus Aeroplan miles for bookings between dates X and Y). Otherwise, if space is available on the flight, it is much faster and easier to cancel it online yourself and make a new booking.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 7:20 am

I think the spirit of that term is that if the flight is J0 Y0, you can't just swap the eUp to a comp up and get your credits back. There needs to be space for sale in Y to downgrade (or rebook), and there needs to space for sale in J to do the upgrade again.

I generally only do the downgrade/upgrade route when I'm booked in a promotion window (like bonus Aeroplan miles for bookings between dates X and Y). Otherwise, if space is available on the flight, it is much faster and easier to cancel it online yourself and make a new booking.
Does cancelling and rebooking run the risk of giving your cancelled J seat to an oversold passenger?

Thanks so much for your thoughts!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.