Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Latitude fare flight pass upgrades to business class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Latitude fare flight pass upgrades to business class

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2023, 8:26 am

Programs: AC SE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by canadiancow
It's faster and easier to just cancel and rebook as long as there's ample space.

But yes.

Even if you choose to call, I'd just ask them to remove the eUp. I can do the comp up much faster than they can.
Sorry to go back on this. But I have the same concern as YVR76. Anyone know if I cancel (even with ample space, but R=0 and 1-2 other business seats available), however there are other latitude fares or SEs currently on the eUp waitlist, do those individuals automatically get confirmed?
- About to do this early next week for a YYZ to SFO flight on the 787, so trying to ensure that I save my eUps but also not lose the pod.

Thanks
Old Sep 28, 2023, 10:07 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by xinzhang5228
Sorry to go back on this. But I have the same concern as YVR76. Anyone know if I cancel (even with ample space, but R=0 and 1-2 other business seats available), however there are other latitude fares or SEs currently on the eUp waitlist, do those individuals automatically get confirmed?
- About to do this early next week for a YYZ to SFO flight on the 787, so trying to ensure that I save my eUps but also not lose the pod.

Thanks
If there are so few J seats left, I believe your R space is unlikely to go back to the inventory. However, it is not only other Latitude tickets, every ticket that requested an eup can get cleared if there is R space.

if you really want to play safe, I suggest you wait until within T-36, when no one can instantly clear R space.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 10:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Changeup2000
if you really want to play safe, I suggest you wait until within T-36, when no one can instantly clear R space.
Not often I read good suggestions I hadn't thought of before. This might be useful for me on an upcoming flight, thanks.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 6:42 pm

Can a Latitude FP Western Canada-Asia ticket receive a complimentary business class upgrade 48 hours before departure, similar to the UFP?
Old Mar 5, 2024, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by yvrjean
Can a Latitude FP Western Canada-Asia ticket receive a complimentary business class upgrade 48 hours before departure, similar to the UFP?
No - it's not in the T&C.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 9:15 am

Programs: AC SE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum
Does anyone know if a latitude flight pass upgrade to business gives J-class SQM/Points? I am finding that the SQM/Points I get for complimentary flight pass upgrades to business stays at 100% (not even latitude %s).
Old Mar 29, 2024, 9:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by xinzhang5228
Does anyone know if a latitude flight pass upgrade to business gives J-class SQM/Points? I am finding that the SQM/Points I get for complimentary flight pass upgrades to business stays at 100% (not even latitude %s).
The FP terms say "Traveller will earn 125% Aeroplan points and Status Qualifying Miles for distance flown on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada rouge and participating Air Canada Express carriers when using flight credits. Status Qualifying Miles qualify for Aeroplan Elite Status."

If you're only getting 100%, you should write in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.