Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Latitude fare flight pass upgrades to business class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Latitude fare flight pass upgrades to business class

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2023, 10:52 am

Programs: AC SE
Slightly off topic but the group here will know.
How is the SQD on Flight Passes determined?
I find that it varies. Perhasps taking the list price at time of booking for that fare bucket - the closer I book to departure the higher I find the SQD to be on my East - West Connector and East - West USA connector passes
Old Mar 17, 2023, 11:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Changeup2000
Another case where my favorite flight (BOS - YYZ - YVR with an overnight layover in YYZ) has no Y, but quite some J.

Not wanting to wait the Y to be available at the last minute (which it may not), I plan to book my second best option (BOS - YUL - YVR with an overnight layover in YUL) and comp upgrade it to J. I suppose I can then SDC it to my first choice when the checkin is open (if the J cabin is still available).

I do not see any hole in my plan, but would like to hear critics from more experienced flyers here! Thanks a lot!
Two potential issues:
1. The overnight connection might screw with things. They might happily let you change BOS-YUL to another one on that day, and YUL-YVR to another on that day, but they might not let you do what you want.
2. J3 Y0 doesn't mean the flight has positive space. It might. It might not. If not, you won't be able to SDC. There's an "overbook" option agents can use, but I've never heard of them using it for SDC, and they rarely use it even in IRROPS for SEs.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 5:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Two potential issues:
2. J3 Y0 doesn't mean the flight has positive space. It might. It might not. If not, you won't be able to SDC. There's an "overbook" option agents can use, but I've never heard of them using it for SDC, and they rarely use it even in IRROPS for SEs.
Is this because AC might have oversold the Y cabin and might move pax from Y to J in case everyone shows up? Thanks a lot!
Old Jul 18, 2023, 10:34 pm

It appeared the complimentary upgrade request had to be 48 hours before the scheduled departure when I tried to comp upgrade my flight this Friday.

I thought there were no longer 1 minute past the midnight thing ...

It turned out 1 hour past the midnight I was able to get it.

Not sure what is the actual cutoff time here.

Last edited by Changeup2000; Jul 18, 2023 at 11:19 pm Reason: Grammar
Old Jul 18, 2023, 11:33 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by Changeup2000
It appeared the complimentary upgrade request had to be 48 hours before the scheduled departure when I tried to comp upgrade my flight this Friday.

I thought there were no longer 1 minute past the midnight thing ...

It turned out 1 hour past the midnight I was able to get it.

Not sure what is the actual cutoff time here.
My understanding is that it is 2 days prior. Whether it is GMT, eastern or departure zone I’m not sure. I was able to confirm J at > 48 hours in a couple recent flights.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
My understanding is that it is 2 days prior. Whether it is GMT, eastern or departure zone I’m not sure. I was able to confirm J at > 48 hours in a couple recent flights.
In the past I did it about 5 minutes past the midnight 2 calendar days before the departure in the same time zone as the departure.

But today it did not work until about an hour after the midnight. This is really weird. Daylight saving adjustment?
paulyeg likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 2:32 pm

Programs: AC SE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum
Is the >48 hour upgrade only possible when calling in? Or is it done via the Flightpass "Request an Upgrade" section on the website?

Last edited by xinzhang5228; Aug 28, 2023 at 2:33 pm Reason: clarification
Old Aug 28, 2023, 8:40 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by xinzhang5228
Is the >48 hour upgrade only possible when calling in? Or is it done via the Flightpass "Request an Upgrade" section on the website?
Can be done using the “Request an Upgrade” section on the website.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 6:00 am

If I am confirmed for an e-upgrade (there is R Space available on the flight I am looking at). Can I call two days prior and ask that I get my e-ugprade credits back, and get placed into the complimentary upgrade with the latitude flight pass?
Old Sep 12, 2023, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by xinzhang5228
If I am confirmed for an e-upgrade (there is R Space available on the flight I am looking at). Can I call two days prior and ask that I get my e-ugprade credits back, and get placed into the complimentary upgrade with the latitude flight pass?
It's faster and easier to just cancel and rebook as long as there's ample space.

But yes.

Even if you choose to call, I'd just ask them to remove the eUp. I can do the comp up much faster than they can.
ffsim likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 3:45 am

I always thought that Latitude was upgradeable at time of booking as long as there is positive J space. Am I wrong?

Bought two Latitude North American Flight passes .... one each. Booked HNL-YVR-YYZ and applied for upgrade using eUpgrades (not the comp 48 hour since the flight is 2 months away). It's still showing as Waitlisted 12 hours later. J4 and J9 on the legs.

Or does P>0 for it to clear?

Last edited by InTheAirGuy; Sep 16, 2023 at 6:17 am
Old Sep 16, 2023, 6:23 am

Programs: Air Canada SE, Bonvoy Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
I always thought that Latitude was upgradeable at time of booking as long as there is positive J space. Am I wrong?

Bought two Latitude North American Flight passes .... one each. Booked HNL-YVR-YYZ and applied for upgrade using eUpgrades (not the comp 48 hour since the flight is 2 months away). It's still showing as Waitlisted 12 hours later. J4 and J9 on the legs.

Check the R space, not the J space. J is only for paid Business tickets. It's probably R0 for the fiirst flight.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 10:37 am

For eUpgrade questions, you're better off in the eUpgrade thread, because flight passes are no different than regular fares in that respect.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 2:15 pm

It is not as simple for Latitude flight passes. Like cow said, in the upgrade thread, they mention that “in some cases” a Latitude or might clear an eUp even when R=0, In other words, it may happen but don't assume it, and there are lots of times when it simply never happens.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 9:39 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I've never tried this when J=0 and I have a secured upgrade. Too worried that if I cancel my upgrade someone else will scoop up the seat (or AC will release to R?) before I have a chance to get the complementary upgrade.

Last edited by yvr76; Sep 18, 2023 at 12:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.