Old Nov 15, 2016, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
2017 Altitude Program

https://altitude.aircanada.com/statu...0800|179291293
Old Nov 15, 2016, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Looks like very few changes from 2016...

1) Reduced Lounge Access for E35K family members
2) Reduced Lounge Access for P25K
3) New Parental Leave extension benefit ^

Anybody see any other changes??
Old Nov 15, 2016, 8:03 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Plumber
The text for 50K for a friend still says: Choose this Select Privilege and award Altitude Elite 50K status to a friend, valid through February 28, 2017. Note that this friend must be chosen prior October 15, 2016.

So perhaps they are still rolling it all out?

Cheers,
bawm
Original Poster

Actually I am not clear what the linked page is listing. Was was linked form the email under 'Learn More'.

It shows the new 'enhancements' for 2017 , but its also states "The privileges outlined below are valid through February 28, 2017"

Is it possible that more changes/enhancements are coming?

Programs: AC: E75K, Marriott :Titanium, National: EXEC ELITE
I'd have to think (and hope) there's more to it that that. I wonder exactly how big of an impact that the 25K lounge access change will have at YUL, and while the removal of the guest benefit for 35K is a good first step, I was hoping that lounge access would be pulled back further. Either a number of passes (like the 10 that WS gets), or only access on Flex and above fares.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
When you click on the link it shows the privileges that expire at the end of Feb, 2017 - i.e. the 2016 plan, so 2017 remains a mystery - unless this is their way of saying "no changes".
Old Nov 15, 2016, 8:10 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
So, one thing this tells us is that AC considers the lounge traffic levels to be generally acceptable.

...unless there's something I've overlooked, where they want to cut 35K lounge but are somehow prevented from doing so?
Old Nov 15, 2016, 8:10 am

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Ok, I'm glad they didn't get rid of E35K access all together. I'm not really happy with this change, however I totally understand the issues with the lounges being overcrowded and to solve this issue you have to take away from the bottom. Have a trip with a friend down to Mexico 4 days after my guesting privileges will be taken away. I guess I'll have to use the guest passes.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The Lev
When you click on the link it shows the privileges that expire at the end of Feb, 2017 - i.e. the 2016 plan, so 2017 remains a mystery - unless this is their way of saying "no changes".
Yes- but they have incorporated the lounge access changes for E35K and P25K into their list of privileges.

If this is a roll-out of 2017 it is very bizarre. If it is not, then we can expect more changes.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Plumber
Looks like very few changes from 2016...

1) Reduced Lounge Access for E35K family members
2) Reduced Lounge Access for P25K
3) New Parental Leave extension benefit ^

I'm impressed with parental leave extension.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 8:41 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
All that email did was update E25/35 lounge status and add parental leave.

The other speculation thread shouldn't have been closed.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
https://altitude.aircanada.com/mysta...-updates#news0

Air Canada Altitude Updates for 2017

Below you’ll find some important updates to Air Canada Altitude coming in 2017. These changes are designed to ensure that we continue to offer the best possible experience to our members.

Changes to Maple Leaf Lounge access for Altitude Elite 35K and Prestige 25K

Despite our growing network of Maple Leaf Lounges, as well as renovations within existing lounges, overcrowding can be an issue. In order to offer you a more exclusive experience, the following changes are being introduced:

Altitude Elite 35K members will continue to enjoy complimentary access to Maple Leaf Lounges in the domestic and transborder departure zones of Canadian airports as well as those located in New York (LaGuardia), Los Angeles and our newest lounge located in New York (Newark).

However, as of March 1, 2017, these members will no longer be able to invite family members or a first guest to join them with complimentary access. In recognition of this change, Elite 35K members will receive 3 Maple Leaf Lounge One-Time Guest Passes to select Maple Leaf Lounges, which they’ll be able to share. As part of their Select Privileges, they will also be able to choose the following:
•3 Maple Leaf Lounge One-Time Guest Passes for access to select lounges
•50% discount on the purchase of any Maple Leaf Club membership

Also effective March 1 2017, Altitude Prestige 25K members will no longer be able to enjoy complimentary access to the Montreal Maple Leaf Lounge when travelling to the Toronto City Airport. However, as part of their Select Privileges, they will be able to choose the following:
•4 Maple Leaf Lounge One-Time Guest Passes for access to select lounges
•A 35% discount on the purchase of any Maple Leaf Club membership

Altitude Status Extension for Parental Leave

We understand that life brings changes, and as a result, your travel patterns change too. That’s why we’re pleased to introduce a unique privilege for new parents: Altitude Status Extension for Parental Leave.

If you are expecting a baby or welcoming a new child into your family and plan on taking a parental leave, you can request an Altitude Status Extension in order to continue enjoying the privileges of your Altitude status when you return to flying more frequently. Air Canada is proud to be the first airline in North America to offer this privilege, which will take effect with the 2017 Air Canada Altitude benefit year.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Dorian

Not sure whether to expect more cutbacks or not. I have a feeling this will be the extent of cutbacks for the lower tiers for now though.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dorian

Yeah- I might have jumped the gun. If so, sorry gang. They have put the new announced changes on the Privileges page, but it is not clear at all if this actually the 2017 program.

The 2017 page even has a link to the 2016 benefit page, saying "Click here to view the 2016 program privileges."

It would be helpful for an AC Rep to chine in here.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 9:07 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Bizarre. Seems like a mini announcement and not the complete package.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.