Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 Altitude Program

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2016, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by After Burner
How exactly would you specify province of departure for a flight pass?
OK, yes. I missed that you were specifically talking about flight passes.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 6:05 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
I just want to highlight from a screenshot above that Altitude states the following:
For non-Canadian residents, the Altitude Qualifying Dollars (AQD) will be 50% lower than the published amounts found in the chart above. Proof of address may be requested in order to apply non-Canadian resident AQD requirements. For eligible members, the AQD tracker will be updated to reflect these new lowered requirements by March 1, 2016.
I think it has been established that there is no web form that allows the entry of "residency", address or country or otherwise. So might it be said that AC has not yet requested "Proof of address", which "may be requested", but merely inferred it on the basis of mailing address? And somehow, "Proof of address," if "requested" would establish "residency"?

Not sure this nuance between "resident" and "place I reside and thus legally receive mail" is fully captured by this bilingual agency... Funny thing is, this doesn't affect me personally at the moment, but it certainly took a lot of posts to get this far. =P Weekends are really idle minds time eh? Time for some Amrut!
Old Nov 20, 2016, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
I just want to highlight from a screenshot above that Altitude states the following:
For non-Canadian residents, the Altitude Qualifying Dollars (AQD) will be 50% lower than the published amounts found in the chart above. Proof of address may be requested in order to apply non-Canadian resident AQD requirements. For eligible members, the AQD tracker will be updated to reflect these new lowered requirements by March 1, 2016.
I think it has been established that there is no web form that allows the entry of "residency", address or country or otherwise. So might it be said that AC has not yet requested "Proof of address", which "may be requested", but merely inferred it on the basis of mailing address? And somehow, "Proof of address," if "requested" would establish "residency"?

Not sure this nuance between "resident" and "place I reside and thus legally receive mail" is fully captured by this bilingual agency... Funny thing is, this doesn't affect me personally at the moment, but it certainly took a lot of posts to get this far. =P Weekends are really idle minds time eh? Time for some Amrut!
You might want to read the last two pages?
Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:40 am

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
you know what would be nice and keep me flying beyond 100k on AC - if we could rollover some AQM or AQD into the next year like some hotel programs allow.

I'd be ok with say 20k - so if i do 130k miles, i can choose to have 20k rolled over.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:50 am

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by Stranger
You might want to read the last two pages?
Yea, you're right... seems to be resolved with "splitting hairs"... but what I don't think is resolved is what AC even intends to be the policy, without taking cues from UIs.

Originally Posted by karachi
you know what would be nice and keep me flying beyond 100k on AC - if we could rollover some AQM or AQD into the next year like some hotel programs allow.

I'd be ok with say 20k - so if i do 130k miles, i can choose to have 20k rolled over.
Or even like other airlines, like DL? Increased liability, another loose thread... assuming the company is a viable going concern, of course...
Old Nov 22, 2016, 12:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
I was reading on a UA thread, that UA does not give any FF benefits to pax flying on government travel, because of the governments discounts they receive(maybe someone can confirm this). Since AC gives Canadian governments large discounts, could this be a possible change next year?
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:22 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
I was reading on a UA thread, that UA does not give any FF benefits to pax flying on government travel, because of the governments discounts they receive(maybe someone can confirm this). Since AC gives Canadian governments large discounts, could this be a possible change next year?
LOL. Thats rich. If they took away the benefits, then what incentive would the government have for consistently favouring them (vs. unions, vs. Emirates, etc.)?

Although arguably all those whose opinion matters get VIP treatment, and don't need SE.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ridefar
LOL. Thats rich. If they took away the benefits, then what incentive would the government have for consistently favouring them (vs. unions, vs. Emirates, etc.)?
The incentive is, the government save money. The employees has no choice on flying non approved airlines.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 5:39 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
I'm not ignoring you. You are just splitting hairs. The screenshot is the rule requirement of Altitude.
While yes cow is talking very specifically about a rule, he's not wrong at all.

AC / Aeroplan / Altitude does not provide you anywhere to specify what your residency is - period. There is no where for me to tell them what my residency is.

Mailing address - this exists but this is not residency. In fact, I change my mailing address all the time - if I'm at my phoenix house for 4-5 months I'll change all my mailing addresses to go to my phoenix house while I am there (not just talking Aeroplan, but everything) so I don't miss things.

When I'm back in Vancouver I'll change my mailing address to be in Vancouver.

There is a very fundamental thing you are missing here which is mailing address != residency.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 7:00 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Is it normal given past years that they still haven't release complete package yet?
Almost December now
Old Nov 22, 2016, 7:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Is it normal given past years that they still haven't release complete package yet?
Almost December now
The last few years, I received my package the first full week of Dec.

Last edited by Wpgjetse; Nov 22, 2016 at 7:12 pm
Old Nov 23, 2016, 2:21 pm

That said, the "elites", specifically "Super Elites" are obviously the beneficiary (or at least retain past benefits) of AC's latest "enhancements" to the program as the value of 25K and 35K benefits is progressively de-enhanced. Not unexpected, given recent history. As my transcontinental flying is nearing an end due to job assignment changes, it could be my last hurrah after hitting the 50K mark this year. Although, that transcontinental flying could be replaced by fewer, but much longer intercontinental flights, I may still make it (I don't exactly look forward to 12 - 16 hr flights though).

Last edited by tcook052; Nov 23, 2016 at 3:02 pm Reason: housekeeping
Old Nov 23, 2016, 2:31 pm

Ben S mentioned on another thread that the Government does not have a 'fly Canadian' policy. Canadian bureaucrats can fly any airline they want, so I doubt cutting FF miles for them would be a winning proposition for AC.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 2:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

Folks, a number of posts have been deleted for wildly off topic commentary wholly unrelated to the thread topic. Instead of responding to another poster and taking the thread even further into the abyss members are reminded that as per FT Rules they shouldn't reply to off topic posts but rather flag them for moderator review as adding to the problem by further derailing a thread isn't helpful and subjects the poster to disciplinary steps. Also as per FT Rules members are reminded to stick to the thread topic and refrain from sharing off topic comments.

regards,

tcook052
AC forum moderator

Last edited by tcook052; Nov 23, 2016 at 3:24 pm
Old Nov 23, 2016, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
They should make the gift E50 only for SEs with $26,000 AQD and 150,000 AQM.
Agreed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.