Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 Altitude Program

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2016, 3:26 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Parental leave option!!!!!

I needed that this year when I went from SE100k to P25k then all the way back up to SE100k.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 3:37 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack

Are you guys trolling me or is this actually happening

After all these years, they take E50 Gifting away after putting 20K AQD in place?!?!?!?!
They should make the gift E50 only for SEs with $26,000 AQD and 150,000 AQM.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 3:37 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
They should make the gift E50 only for SEs with $26,000 AQD and 150,000 AQM.
NIMBY
Old Nov 15, 2016, 4:26 pm

Programs: AC E75K, WJ Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Gold
I'm ok with the changes for 35's for now. If they take away priority boarding or lounge access completely then it's not worth it to chase.

Also if Tango stops qualifying for AQS then I'm screwed anyway as my routes are short normally betwenn YVR-YYC-YEG-YYJ.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 5:53 pm

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by trek604
I'm ok with the changes for 35's for now. If they take away priority boarding or lounge access completely then it's not worth it to chase.

Also if Tango stops qualifying for AQS then I'm screwed anyway as my routes are short normally betwenn YVR-YYC-YEG-YYJ.
Totally agree. The lounge access and priority security (100% necessary in YHZ) is the reason I wasted a little extra time on journeys this year to hit E35K instead of just sticking with P25K. If tango were to stop earning AQS then I'd probably be done as well. I fly probably 50/50 between tango and flex. During certain times of year I can get decent flex fares, however for travel during Christmas or March break tango is essential, so no way I'd be getting 35 segments.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 9:28 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Honestly I'm dissipointed to not see increases in benifits.

They added AQD, and espically for SE they made it $20,000 to cut out the lower $ SE's but they didn't add benifits - that's dissipointing. And while not totally unexpected, still dissipointing.

They have been doing e-up promo's constantly since the cuts (I think people have actually forgotten what the real eup costs are). Clearly they got it wrong - why not take this chance to correct it and get rid of having to do promo's all the time?

Overall, of course I'm happy there were minimal changes. And the lounge stuff is no big deal because that can be overcome with a credit card. But with the AQD thing a part of me was really hoping for improvements.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 9:48 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Honestly I'm dissipointed to not see increases in benifits.

They added AQD, and espically for SE they made it $20,000 to cut out the lower $ SE's but they didn't add benifits - that's dissipointing. And while not totally unexpected, still dissipointing.

They have been doing e-up promo's constantly since the cuts (I think people have actually forgotten what the real eup costs are). Clearly they got it wrong - why not take this chance to correct it and get rid of having to do promo's all the time?

Overall, of course I'm happy there were minimal changes. And the lounge stuff is no big deal because that can be overcome with a credit card. But with the AQD thing a part of me was really hoping for improvements.
I wonder if there will be more changes that will show up unannounced?

Last year the E75k nominate E35k benefit was added without any fan-fare.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 10:12 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Just re-read the email. Like my first read, I took it to mean some of the program changes. I could be misreading but it did seem like "more to follow".

I like the parental leave enhancement. I would like to see something similar for FFs who have an unexpected medical situation or elder care issues (ie, palliative) that interrupt their flying pattern. EI benefits have been improved along these lines.

One can hope ...
Old Nov 15, 2016, 10:20 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Well I got this over email, as either a P25 now I assume or maybe as I've already qualified (not that they do early recognition)

I never got the Montreal to Billy MLL. I've never done that route finding YYZ more convenient, it's just so random.

As is this random announcement. Like others I'm hoping boarding Z2 and security priority remain on the E35 list.

But I see it being Jan before we know for sure.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 12:56 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by jc94
Well I got this over email, as either a P25 now I assume or maybe as I've already qualified (not that they do early recognition)

I never got the Montreal to Billy MLL. I've never done that route finding YYZ more convenient, it's just so random.

As is this random announcement. Like others I'm hoping boarding Z2 and security priority remain on the E35 list.

But I see it being Jan before we know for sure.
The lounge access to YTZ perk was always to compete directly with Porter which has free lounge access for all pax.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 7:00 am

Programs: AC SE, *A Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
How does Parental Leave extension work? Where do I send the request?
Old Nov 16, 2016, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by Shanqx
How does Parental Leave extension work? Where do I send the request?
See link above: https://altitude.aircanada.com/statu...0800|179291293
To request your Altitude Status Extension, please send an email to [email protected] and include a copy of proof of parental leave from your employer as well as a copy of the certificate of childbirth, adoption or fostering.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 7:28 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Chalk it up to stubbornness or perhaps holding out hope that they'll be able to command those higher costs in the near future.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 8:29 am

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Didn't they make it permanent already?

The following eUpgrade enhancements have been made to the eUpgrade Program:
https://www.aircanada.com/en/offers/...ade_offer.html
Old Nov 16, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by gabdusch
Didn't they make it permanent already?

https://www.aircanada.com/en/offers/...ade_offer.html
No, every few months they come out with a new similar one. I don't think anyone has been charged the full credits in a year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.