FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   New eUpgrade Requirements! Co-pay for lower flex fares (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1789272-new-eupgrade-requirements-co-pay-lower-flex-fares.html)

canadiancow Sep 30, 2017 3:27 pm

So is it completely based on distance, or are there other factors?

YVR-YWG is fewer credits, but the same co-pay.

YVR-YYZ/YUL are both 10 credits and $300/$400.

YVR-YYC is $50/$100
YYC-YYZ is $150/$200

YVR-YYZ is $300/$400

Is the copay calculated the same way as the credits?

InTheAirGuy Oct 1, 2017 5:39 am

Originally Posted by BlondeBomber (Post 28876871)
Looks like it definitely wasn't extended this time (maybe tomorrow?:D)

Extended. "You now have until January 8, 2018, to request an upgrade from Tango fares, as well as Aeroplan Fixed Mileage Flight Rewards by using eUpgrade credits in conjunction with an add-on."

The person responsible for the section of the Web site stayed out late the night before, partying, and got into work late.

yyznomad Oct 1, 2017 5:43 am

Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy (Post 28879914)
Extended. "You now have until January 8, 2018, to request an upgrade from Tango fares, as well as Aeroplan Fixed Mileage Flight Rewards by using eUpgrade credits in conjunction with an add-on."

The person responsible for the section of the Web site stayed out late the night before, partying, and got into work late.

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 28876391)

I'm guessing the extension will be until sometime in January 2018. ;)

Wow, I'm good. I wonder how I knew. It's like I woke up and suddenly knew how to do Kung Fu.

vernonc Oct 10, 2017 8:33 am

Quick question. According to the eupg site (preview your itin), YYZ-TPE should be 26 credits from low PY. My eupg shows 8 eupg required for YYZ-YVR and another 26 for YVR-TPE. Is this correct or one of these glitches that I have to call in ?

Stranger Oct 10, 2017 8:49 am

Originally Posted by vernonc (Post 28915383)
Quick question. According to the eupg site (preview your itin), YYZ-TPE should be 26 credits from low PY. My eupg shows 8 eupg required for YYZ-YVR and another 26 for YVR-TPE. Is this correct or one of these glitches that I have to call in ?

Isn't it the case that when you go to the next step, it shows 34 being replaced by 26?

That's normally how it works. first page shows per leg, next the corrected amount. That's because one can upgrade a single leg and in some cses that's less than the total route. Or not.

Jasper2009 Oct 10, 2017 8:52 am

Originally Posted by vernonc (Post 28915383)

When you request the upgrade, the page shows 8 and 26 credits respectively, but when you request an upgrade on both segments, the total amount (34) should be crossed out and be replaced by the correct amount (26).

If 26 credits are deducted from your e-upgrade account, then it's time to fill in the "e-upgrade discrepancy form", although I've never had issues with the site calculating the correct amount for "simple" itineraries like this one.

vernonc Oct 10, 2017 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 28915450)
Isn't it the case that when you go to the next step, it shows 34 being replaced by 26?

That's normally how it works. first page shows per leg, next the corrected amount. That's because one can upgrade a single leg and in some cses that's less than the total route. Or not.

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 (Post 28915463)
When you request the upgrade, the page shows 8 and 26 credits respectively, but when you request an upgrade on both segments, the total amount (34) should be crossed out and be replaced by the correct amount (26).

If 26 credits are deducted from your e-upgrade account, then it's time to fill in the "e-upgrade discrepancy form", although I've never had issues with the site calculating the correct amount for "simple" itineraries like this one.

Thanks

vernonc Oct 11, 2017 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 (Post 28915463)

So...it showed 26+8, then 26 at the final step, however 34 credits deducted. As you said, time to fill out the discrepancy form.
And the discrepancy form cannot be filled out till the flight has been completed.

jc94 Oct 11, 2017 4:17 pm

So according to the AC website, E50k+ can update low flex HQV international fares for 11/13/24 credits based on mileage. Fine.

I'm E35k. Can I ever upgrade this? Like at the airport/OLCI or is it LMU or up-fare only?

Only working option I get on the eUp site is for J upgrades which has the co-pay that I don't want to pay.

canadiancow Oct 11, 2017 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by jc94 (Post 28921633)
So according to the AC website, E50k+ can update low flex HQV international fares for 11/13/24 credits based on mileage. Fine.

I'm E35k. Can I ever upgrade this? Like at the airport/OLCI or is it LMU or up-fare only?

Only working option I get on the eUp site is for J upgrades which has the co-pay that I don't want to pay.

What does it say on https://services.aircanada.com/eupgw...ice/eupgrade/# ?

For YYZ-LHR, there's a copay that increases as your fare class goes down, but you can upgrade any fare.

jc94 Oct 11, 2017 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 28921758)
What does it say on https://services.aircanada.com/eupgw...ice/eupgrade/# ?

For YYZ-LHR, there's a copay that increases as your fare class goes down, but you can upgrade any fare.

Two things, each flight is there twice as "Market information is unavailable." and "The purchased fare class for this flight does not allow for upgrades."

I'll be honest, it's a bereavement fare, so that may be it. But as it booked into H instead of W (Tango) I thought I might be able to make it less miserable. And it allows J with a copay.

canadiancow Oct 11, 2017 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by jc94 (Post 28921795)
Two things, each flight is there twice as "Market information is unavailable." and "The purchased fare class for this flight does not allow for upgrades."

I'll be honest, it's a bereavement fare, so that may be it. But as it booked into H instead of W (Tango) I thought I might be able to make it less miserable. And it allows J with a copay.

Oh sorry, I meant on the "Preview eUpgrade requirements" section.

But a bereavement fare could easily be coded to not allow any benefits at all.

H is not necessarily Tango or Flex. It could be neither. You just can't buy one on AC.com.

jc94 Oct 11, 2017 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 28921913)

H is not necessarily Tango or Flex. It could be neither. You just can't buy one on AC.com.

The eUp charts list E50 plus.

I dunno, it comes up as Flex H in the PDF, and I was allowed to pick seats, but yeah it wouldn't surprise me if it had limits imposed. It would surprise me that AC IT was capable.

I mean at least it was $140 less than buying online at short notice.

jc94 Oct 11, 2017 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 28921913)

Ah right sorry. That preview page lists credits for YBUM only. Rest don't show so guess I'm SOL without paying up to MU as a lowly E35.

Oh well. At least it's not HD or Rouge.

capebretonboy Oct 12, 2017 3:11 pm

On AC157 tonight, AP rewards ticket. There is plenty of R space; requested upgrade at T-24 and wait-listed. Why??